3.8

Reviews

1.0
from

16 years ago

Rubber tires + cigarette ashes + some flowers thrown in = Cuir de Russie (to my nose). It has amazing staying power as it is the case with other Chanel fragrances. This one is definitely not for me...

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily

HairBlack

EyesBrown

16 years ago

The magic of this scent is not so much it's beauty (for it is quite stunning) but how deeply it affects me. Someone once mentioned how it is perfect to wear on a rainy day, and I agree. It is such a melancholy, beautiful composition, I can almost feel myself pining away for an imagined lost love while the rain tinks upon a tin roof. The floral accent to the leather depth is truly magnificent. This is only second on my list to Bois des Illes.

About reviewer (533 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

16 years ago

Very unusual scent. I have only tried the EDT. I wore it once and a friend said I smelled sophisticated. It' s a leather with a floral overlay. The floral is faint though and the scent is a bit masculine. It's interesting, but too leathery for me.

About reviewer (414 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

from

16 years ago

I love this perfume but it doesn't love me!! I splashed out in london and bought the parfum & the EDT spray. Neither last more than a few hours on my skin. Because there are no other 'body' products in the range 'layering' the scent is out of the question. If anyone knows of a scent that smells the same (totally scrummy) with better staying power I'd love to know.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBrown

16 years ago

If I were to rank Chanel's scents, Cuir de Russie would be one of the top three. It is a wonderful leathery fragrance with a floral note.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

2.0

16 years ago

I tried a sample of this and it smelled like old socks. Somewhat musty and dirty, worse than cigerettes. I usually love Chanel, like Coco and No. 5, but this one was not a winner.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

16 years ago

I am amazed at how much I love this scent. The name Russian Leather conjures up, for me, an entirely different perfume from the one I experience with this Chanel classic, created in 1924. Yes, the topnotes are leathery and slightly smokey , but the drydown produces the gentlest, most feminine mixed floral and herbal AND leather scent that I could possibly imagine. This is an Ernest Beaux creation and it shares qualities with Bois des Iles, another Beaux scent. To my nose it is far superior, far more subtle, more unique than Bois des Iles. An all time must-have for me!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

16 years ago

Smooth, buttery soft, supple lambskin leather scent. Like a brand new coat that just cost you 5 paychecks + an arm and a leg + years of guilt. Redeems itself by sending you to the heights of luxurious, self indulgent decadence while making you feel rich, wealthy, loaded up to here and damn proud of it, to.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

16 years ago

another great Chanel classic - I love the powdery drydown with the hint of leather - find it feminine and rather sexy.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other

17 years ago

Starts out as a slightly odd combination of sweet and smoky, but in the dry down, a lot of the sickly sweetness fades and one is left with a beautiful, powdery, slightly masculine smoky perfume. Evocative of a dark smoky bar with a contralto torch singer on the stage.

About reviewer (254 reviews)