Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm not quite sure how to rate this, simply because the shimmer is the most finely milled i have experienced of her shimmer blushes. So formula wise, definitely a 5/5, however this was too ashy for me. It was still a very nice mauve brown, but I need more pink for my complexion. Antigua ended up doing for me what I had hoped this would. I was hoping for a pinker, less ruddy version of NARS Lovejoy, perhaps a pinker, cooler version of NARS madly. I have a strong yellow undertone with predominant surface redness, so a blush that can look "blushy" against my hand usu wears too brown/fleshy against my cheeks. This does tone down the redness in my cheeks, however there isn't enough pink to carry it off as a blush. I'd say for someone who is fair and lacking in ruddiness, I'd recommend. If you've tried other mauve-browns and they still can pull some orange tones on you, I'd recommend this shade as it's truly a neutral-cool mauve brown with no orange tones in it whatsoever.

This makes a nice contour/bronzer (ironically, Antigua does what I thought this would do and Bahama Brown does what I thought Antigua would do). I like this for formula, shimmer and subtle contour/brightening. It's such a great multi-tasker otherwise, I still give it a 4/5. This could make a nice e/s as that dab of brightening warmth just above the crease on a warmer, deep toned individual. Overall, I'd rate this at a 3/5 for my own shading, simply because this didn't perform for me as a blush *as I had purchased with the intent of,* but it was still workable: not as muddy/orange as Madly, not as ruddy/orange as Lovejoy. Def. workable for other purposes but just not the blush as I had intended, which I'm disappointed about because I love the shimmer in this.

on 6/1/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Have to start by saying that this is NOT the same shade that was in the Sunkissed palette..yes, the shade in the Sunkissed palette was called Bahama Brown but the original Bahama Brown came out in the Beach palette in 2005. The Sunkissed version was much more pink/red based then the original bronzey, taupey mauve in the Beach palette..with that said, this recent version of Bahama Brown is thankfully the exact shade of the original BB that came out in the Beach palette.It became instant HG for me in 2005 when it first came out as I was able to use it all over as a bronzer and it was the PERFECT bronzer for my NC15 skin..so completely natural; more so then any other bronzer I've tried. My only complaint about the new Bahama Brown is that it seems to contain some larger,silver shimmer that the original doesn't contain.It's not too over the top but it is noticeable so, not being a fan of glitter or heavy shimmer, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.I think I can deal though.Especially for the color

on 5/12/2008 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this blush. It is ther perfect color to go with a (faux) tan and bronzer. It really has a slight pink tint to it so I think this color brightens up your face. The shimmer is not so pronounced that I can't wear it to work so that is a plus too. I got this in the beach Palette from a couple of years ago but it is being released as a single for the new personal palettes BB is doing. Wore it on my honeymoon cruise everyday!