Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm not quite sure how to rate this, simply because the shimmer is the most finely milled i have experienced of her shimmer blushes. So formula wise, definitely a 5/5, however this was too ashy for me. It was still a very nice mauve brown, but I need more pink for my complexion. Antigua ended up doing for me what I had hoped this would. I was hoping for a pinker, less ruddy version of NARS Lovejoy, perhaps a pinker, cooler version of NARS madly. I have a strong yellow undertone with predominant surface redness, so a blush that can look "blushy" against my hand usu wears too brown/fleshy against my cheeks. This does tone down the redness in my cheeks, however there isn't enough pink to carry it off as a blush. I'd say for someone who is fair and lacking in ruddiness, I'd recommend. If you've tried other mauve-browns and they still can pull some orange tones on you, I'd recommend this shade as it's truly a neutral-cool mauve brown with no orange tones in it whatsoever.

This makes a nice contour/bronzer (ironically, Antigua does what I thought this would do and Bahama Brown does what I thought Antigua would do). I like this for formula, shimmer and subtle contour/brightening. It's such a great multi-tasker otherwise, I still give it a 4/5. This could make a nice e/s as that dab of brightening warmth just above the crease on a warmer, deep toned individual. Overall, I'd rate this at a 3/5 for my own shading, simply because this didn't perform for me as a blush *as I had purchased with the intent of,* but it was still workable: not as muddy/orange as Madly, not as ruddy/orange as Lovejoy. Def. workable for other purposes but just not the blush as I had intended, which I'm disappointed about because I love the shimmer in this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If I remember correctly, this blush was part of one of Bobbi's palette's from a few years ago. I remember I loved the Bahama Blush but I wasn't too crazy about the eye shadows or the lip glosses that went with the palette and I was hoping that she would release just the blush one day.
I was so excited to see she's finally offering this blush! The color looks a little scary for a blush, to me it looks more of an eye shadow color, but the color is beautiful when you apply it. It gives a nice, healthy glow to my cheeks and although there is shimmer in the product, it's definitely not overdone.
I also love the new packaging. I don't plan on buying any of the empty palette's but for those who do, it'll be great being able to mix and match all the different eye shadows and blushes. I like the new package simply because I hated screwing the top's off of the older makeup.

Popular Blush Products