Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm not quite sure how to rate this, simply because the shimmer is the most finely milled i have experienced of her shimmer blushes. So formula wise, definitely a 5/5, however this was too ashy for me. It was still a very nice mauve brown, but I need more pink for my complexion. Antigua ended up doing for me what I had hoped this would. I was hoping for a pinker, less ruddy version of NARS Lovejoy, perhaps a pinker, cooler version of NARS madly. I have a strong yellow undertone with predominant surface redness, so a blush that can look "blushy" against my hand usu wears too brown/fleshy against my cheeks. This does tone down the redness in my cheeks, however there isn't enough pink to carry it off as a blush. I'd say for someone who is fair and lacking in ruddiness, I'd recommend. If you've tried other mauve-browns and they still can pull some orange tones on you, I'd recommend this shade as it's truly a neutral-cool mauve brown with no orange tones in it whatsoever.

This makes a nice contour/bronzer (ironically, Antigua does what I thought this would do and Bahama Brown does what I thought Antigua would do). I like this for formula, shimmer and subtle contour/brightening. It's such a great multi-tasker otherwise, I still give it a 4/5. This could make a nice e/s as that dab of brightening warmth just above the crease on a warmer, deep toned individual. Overall, I'd rate this at a 3/5 for my own shading, simply because this didn't perform for me as a blush *as I had purchased with the intent of,* but it was still workable: not as muddy/orange as Madly, not as ruddy/orange as Lovejoy. Def. workable for other purposes but just not the blush as I had intended, which I'm disappointed about because I love the shimmer in this.

on 9/7/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Try this taupe-ish brown shimmer blush for glowing soft cheekbones that will pair perfectly with fall's bold eyeshadow looks!

I love using this even during the summer months. I apply Bahama Brown shimmer blush then layer with a pop of brightly colored matte blush on the apples of my cheeks.

For bolder eyes, it is gorgeous all by itself on fair/med.fair complexions. Creates a nude-esque, dewey soft, pinky-brown shimmer of color!

on 7/1/2009 1:01:00 PM

WOW, let me tell you that when the SA wanted to try this on my light, cool-toned skin, I thought "No way!" but upon application it looked fabulous. Bahama Brown works as both a bronzer and a blush for me. It has just enough pink, peach, mauve, and brown in it to make a beautiful, nude, flushed look. It was just the color I was looking for, very natural and glowy. It is a shimmer blush, but it gives a "glow from within" look rather than looking glittery and garish. I can tell it's very high quality because it's so silky upon touch and it only takes a little bit to get pigmentation. I think this would be a GREAT color for brunette ladies. The only issue I have with it is that it is $$$ ($23.71 with tax) but I've heard Bobbi lasts a while. :) Highly recommended.

on 5/15/2009 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a blush that I've actually considered repurchasing (and I haven't repurchased a blush ever in my life yet). It's a gorgeous unique colour that looks great for nude/natural looks. It's a perfect blend of pink, brown, bronze and mauve. I discovered this blush when I bought the Beach Beauty Face Palette (which btw I totally love & wished it wasn't discontinued) in 2005 (i think). It has a hint of shimmer but it, as the other MUAers have mentioned, doesn't show up as shimmer. To me it shows up more like glow from within sort of effect. I normally pair this with nude/brown/pink lipsticks (similar to the l/s in the Beach palette). Will try it as a bronzer next (as someone mentioned it can be worn as such too). Either way I simply love it! Will repurchase always! EDIT: I did like this but I think this makes me look older as it clashes with my NC 20 skintone. Too muddy looking for me.

on 5/12/2008 12:45:00 AM

This is the only BB blush I feel really good wearing! So many blushes (not just hers) come off really pink and garish on me. Had this in 2 former BB summer palettes and always hoped it would appear on its own. Yes, it does look eye-shadowish...I accidently used some as my crease shadow, intending to use the Tan shadow I had in the 4-pan Palette. It wasn't so bad! And the shimmer is subtle enough for those of us who aren't shimmery.