Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really need to rave about Bahama Brown - it's a gorgeous cool-toned shimmery medium mauve-brown blush. The pigment is moderately rich and there is enough shimmer to highlight the cheeks without being frosty - it's very similar to the shimmer in NARS' shimmer blushes (the non-glittery ones). I've been wearing it with Bobbi's Medium bronzer, which is one of her cooler-undertoned bronzers. These two together make the perfect summer "natural" duo. This shade on my pale olive skin makes me look like I got some color from the sun without looking ruddy, flushed or orange.
It's worn well for me - I haven't experienced fading after 9+ hours. It's worn over foundation and primer, so keep that in mind. ;)
I even love the new packaging. It's a black, streamlined plastic square container with a clear window to see what's inside. It's a permanent container and is completely attractive and durable on its own, but the blush can be easily popped out and inserted into Bobbi's new custom palettes. What's really-really cool is that you can pop the blush *back* into the original containers again if you want to rearrange the shades in your palettes! This is completely ingenious! So if you get tired of a palette combination - you can make the shades individual again without heat, magnets or glue. *love*
Permanent shade and the price is $22 for .14 oz. / 4 g
I've attached some pictures of Bahama Brown, alone and compared to NARS Lovejoy for color reference. Sorry, I don't have MAC to compare it against! :) All pictures were taken in natural daylight. From other MUA responses, this blush is the blush shade in the limited edition Beach Beauty Face Palette.
**click [continued] to see pictures**
Bahama Brown in the new packaging.

Bahama Brown and NARS Lovejoy

Bahama Brown and NARS Lovejoy swatches
continued >>

on 6/1/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Have to start by saying that this is NOT the same shade that was in the Sunkissed palette..yes, the shade in the Sunkissed palette was called Bahama Brown but the original Bahama Brown came out in the Beach palette in 2005. The Sunkissed version was much more pink/red based then the original bronzey, taupey mauve in the Beach palette..with that said, this recent version of Bahama Brown is thankfully the exact shade of the original BB that came out in the Beach palette.It became instant HG for me in 2005 when it first came out as I was able to use it all over as a bronzer and it was the PERFECT bronzer for my NC15 skin..so completely natural; more so then any other bronzer I've tried. My only complaint about the new Bahama Brown is that it seems to contain some larger,silver shimmer that the original doesn't contain.It's not too over the top but it is noticeable so, not being a fan of glitter or heavy shimmer, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.I think I can deal though.Especially for the color

on 9/7/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Try this taupe-ish brown shimmer blush for glowing soft cheekbones that will pair perfectly with fall's bold eyeshadow looks!

I love using this even during the summer months. I apply Bahama Brown shimmer blush then layer with a pop of brightly colored matte blush on the apples of my cheeks.

For bolder eyes, it is gorgeous all by itself on fair/med.fair complexions. Creates a nude-esque, dewey soft, pinky-brown shimmer of color!

on 11/9/2009 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Bronzers have either been too orange or too brown or too muddy or too sparklly on my skin and to my liking (I am NW20). This "shimmer blush" is a classy sheen of a muted tawny pink which I pair with the coral shimmer blush. I also use this product on my eyelids. It is one of the best "bronzers" I have ever purchased and would purchase again. I've used it since spring 2009 and there is not too much of a dent in the pan, however. Great product for a glowy healthy look, especially since I stay out of the sun but would like a semblance of some color in the hot summer.

on 12/30/2010 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

In the pan it looks like a taupe color but on you can pick up on the pink a little bit more. It's a nice everyday blush when applied fairly lightly. Not too in your face, which bothers me. Sometimes I pick up on the sparkles but generally it just looks like it has a nice sheen to it. Also, it doesn't make my face look ruddy like many blush colors do.

on 7/20/2010 7:24:00 PM

I'm starting to think Bobbi Brown is a god. Not THE God, but *a* god. (Hee hee hee, from one of my fave movies, Groundhog Day.) ANYWAY! This shade is such a surprise. Again. Who knew? It looks so blah in the pan, so *off* on my blush radar upon first consideration.....but it is *genius*. Just a gorgeous (to my eye) more "silvery" brown, as opposed to the constant golden-brown bronzer type shades. I'm so glad I tried it! It is one of those "multiple" shades. I can wear it on my cheeks, in the crease of my eye, and on the lips with a sheer shimmery white gloss over, and it looks great.

I'm surprised there are not more reviews for this blush. It does look kind of blah in the pan, and the name "brown" doesn't quite evoke a flushing effect, but this blush is in fact quite beautiful. It applies a tawny rose color, sort of like a sunkissed blush. The shimmer is not over the top; rather, it just gives a nice glow. The texture is good - not as finely milled as a Shu Uemura blush, but fine enough, and long- lasting and pigmented without fading of oxidizing. I've never used up a blush, but if I did finish this one, I would repurchase. For reference, I have light beige skin with dark hair and eyes.

on 9/3/2009 11:40:00 PM

Beautiful summer blush. Looks horrid in the pan, mostly brown and coppery. Once applied, it turns into a brownish reddish pinkish tan look, as if I had been out in the sun just enough to give some color. Wonderful, subtle shimmer. Package is small and convenient for travel. No mirror, no brush included (who needs them?) Relatively inexpensive ($22), looks like a lovely high end blush. No fading throughout the day. Medium pigmentation---easy to use for a subtle sweep, hard to over-do. This looks classic on me. I'll rebuy. I'm NC15.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love that this blush is not too shimmery like other blushes, but rather looks more pearly once it settles on my cheeks. The color is an amazing perfect blend of both pink and brown. I wear this blush when I'm wearing BB Metallic eye shadows since they both have a similar texture and give off the same "lighted" effect. Don't forget to use a soft hand when applying this blush because a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If I remember correctly, this blush was part of one of Bobbi's palette's from a few years ago. I remember I loved the Bahama Blush but I wasn't too crazy about the eye shadows or the lip glosses that went with the palette and I was hoping that she would release just the blush one day.
I was so excited to see she's finally offering this blush! The color looks a little scary for a blush, to me it looks more of an eye shadow color, but the color is beautiful when you apply it. It gives a nice, healthy glow to my cheeks and although there is shimmer in the product, it's definitely not overdone.
I also love the new packaging. I don't plan on buying any of the empty palette's but for those who do, it'll be great being able to mix and match all the different eye shadows and blushes. I like the new package simply because I hated screwing the top's off of the older makeup.

Popular Blush Products