Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

3.8

on 7/20/2010 7:24:00 PM

I'm starting to think Bobbi Brown is a god. Not THE God, but *a* god. (Hee hee hee, from one of my fave movies, Groundhog Day.) ANYWAY! This shade is such a surprise. Again. Who knew? It looks so blah in the pan, so *off* on my blush radar upon first consideration.....but it is *genius*. Just a gorgeous (to my eye) more "silvery" brown, as opposed to the constant golden-brown bronzer type shades. I'm so glad I tried it! It is one of those "multiple" shades. I can wear it on my cheeks, in the crease of my eye, and on the lips with a sheer shimmery white gloss over, and it looks great.

I hated this shade of blush! I read all the great reviews so I was really excited to try it. I have a fairly easy skintone (Mac C3,NC25, right now BB warm beige) in the sense that I can usually buy any color of blush and eyeshadow and make it work. This one I could not! When I wore this blush it was just blah! I looked like I was ill. On me its a muddy red brown color. I tried it as an eyeshadow and actually really liked the color for that, but my eyelids got swollen. So, I had to return it. I just couldn't use it any way. I normally love Bobbi Brown, so I was surprised that I didn't like this blush.

on 6/1/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Have to start by saying that this is NOT the same shade that was in the Sunkissed palette..yes, the shade in the Sunkissed palette was called Bahama Brown but the original Bahama Brown came out in the Beach palette in 2005. The Sunkissed version was much more pink/red based then the original bronzey, taupey mauve in the Beach palette..with that said, this recent version of Bahama Brown is thankfully the exact shade of the original BB that came out in the Beach palette.It became instant HG for me in 2005 when it first came out as I was able to use it all over as a bronzer and it was the PERFECT bronzer for my NC15 skin..so completely natural; more so then any other bronzer I've tried. My only complaint about the new Bahama Brown is that it seems to contain some larger,silver shimmer that the original doesn't contain.It's not too over the top but it is noticeable so, not being a fan of glitter or heavy shimmer, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.I think I can deal though.Especially for the color

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really need to rave about Bahama Brown - it's a gorgeous cool-toned shimmery medium mauve-brown blush. The pigment is moderately rich and there is enough shimmer to highlight the cheeks without being frosty - it's very similar to the shimmer in NARS' shimmer blushes (the non-glittery ones). I've been wearing it with Bobbi's Medium bronzer, which is one of her cooler-undertoned bronzers. These two together make the perfect summer "natural" duo. This shade on my pale olive skin makes me look like I got some color from the sun without looking ruddy, flushed or orange.
It's worn well for me - I haven't experienced fading after 9+ hours. It's worn over foundation and primer, so keep that in mind. ;)
I even love the new packaging. It's a black, streamlined plastic square container with a clear window to see what's inside. It's a permanent container and is completely attractive and durable on its own, but the blush can be easily popped out and inserted into Bobbi's new custom palettes. What's really-really cool is that you can pop the blush *back* into the original containers again if you want to rearrange the shades in your palettes! This is completely ingenious! So if you get tired of a palette combination - you can make the shades individual again without heat, magnets or glue. *love*
Permanent shade and the price is $22 for .14 oz. / 4 g
I've attached some pictures of Bahama Brown, alone and compared to NARS Lovejoy for color reference. Sorry, I don't have MAC to compare it against! :) All pictures were taken in natural daylight. From other MUA responses, this blush is the blush shade in the limited edition Beach Beauty Face Palette.
**click [continued] to see pictures**
Bahama Brown in the new packaging.

Bahama Brown and NARS Lovejoy