Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Filtered by age: 30-35
Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm not quite sure how to rate this, simply because the shimmer is the most finely milled i have experienced of her shimmer blushes. So formula wise, definitely a 5/5, however this was too ashy for me. It was still a very nice mauve brown, but I need more pink for my complexion. Antigua ended up doing for me what I had hoped this would. I was hoping for a pinker, less ruddy version of NARS Lovejoy, perhaps a pinker, cooler version of NARS madly. I have a strong yellow undertone with predominant surface redness, so a blush that can look "blushy" against my hand usu wears too brown/fleshy against my cheeks. This does tone down the redness in my cheeks, however there isn't enough pink to carry it off as a blush. I'd say for someone who is fair and lacking in ruddiness, I'd recommend. If you've tried other mauve-browns and they still can pull some orange tones on you, I'd recommend this shade as it's truly a neutral-cool mauve brown with no orange tones in it whatsoever.

This makes a nice contour/bronzer (ironically, Antigua does what I thought this would do and Bahama Brown does what I thought Antigua would do). I like this for formula, shimmer and subtle contour/brightening. It's such a great multi-tasker otherwise, I still give it a 4/5. This could make a nice e/s as that dab of brightening warmth just above the crease on a warmer, deep toned individual. Overall, I'd rate this at a 3/5 for my own shading, simply because this didn't perform for me as a blush *as I had purchased with the intent of,* but it was still workable: not as muddy/orange as Madly, not as ruddy/orange as Lovejoy. Def. workable for other purposes but just not the blush as I had intended, which I'm disappointed about because I love the shimmer in this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really into neutrals: neutral eyes, neutral lips, neutral cheeks. So naturally, I am all over this neutral blush. I am not a big fan of Bobbi Brown blushes (I find that there are better blushes out there for less money), but I have a backup of this one! It's a gorgeous color that gives that healthy glow that most people yearn for. However, I deduct a lippie because of the shimmer factor. It's called a "shimmer blush" and it lives up to that expectation. Shimmery....

on 6/14/2008 9:00:00 PM

I agree w/ many of the previous reviews. Bahama Brown is a shimmery pink-bronze-brown shade. When I saw this at the BB counter, I had to have it. It isn't a unique shade, but it's one I didn't have already & had been searching for a long time. I love pink-bronze blushes, but it's been tough to find the one that is the right mix for my skintone that I don't get too much pink or too much bronze. This provides a good balance of both for my skin (LM Warm Ivory). Bahama Brown has the same great smooth texture as my other BB blushes & blends beautifully. The only thing is that I have to be careful & not apply too much. If I do, then I get that overly shimmered-cheek look that is not attractive at all on me. However, because this blush blends so well, the couple of times I've done that, I've just gone over it w/ a kabuki brush - problem solved. Still, for me this blush applies best in light layers w/ a skunk brush or a fluffy blush brush.

on 5/12/2008 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this blush. It is ther perfect color to go with a (faux) tan and bronzer. It really has a slight pink tint to it so I think this color brightens up your face. The shimmer is not so pronounced that I can't wear it to work so that is a plus too. I got this in the beach Palette from a couple of years ago but it is being released as a single for the new personal palettes BB is doing. Wore it on my honeymoon cruise everyday!