Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

Filtered by age: 25-29
Bobbi Brown Bahama Brown Shimmer Blush

4.4

I'm surprised there are not more reviews for this blush. It does look kind of blah in the pan, and the name "brown" doesn't quite evoke a flushing effect, but this blush is in fact quite beautiful. It applies a tawny rose color, sort of like a sunkissed blush. The shimmer is not over the top; rather, it just gives a nice glow. The texture is good - not as finely milled as a Shu Uemura blush, but fine enough, and long- lasting and pigmented without fading of oxidizing. I've never used up a blush, but if I did finish this one, I would repurchase. For reference, I have light beige skin with dark hair and eyes.

on 9/3/2009 11:40:00 PM

Beautiful summer blush. Looks horrid in the pan, mostly brown and coppery. Once applied, it turns into a brownish reddish pinkish tan look, as if I had been out in the sun just enough to give some color. Wonderful, subtle shimmer. Package is small and convenient for travel. No mirror, no brush included (who needs them?) Relatively inexpensive ($22), looks like a lovely high end blush. No fading throughout the day. Medium pigmentation---easy to use for a subtle sweep, hard to over-do. This looks classic on me. I'll rebuy. I'm NC15.

on 5/15/2009 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is a blush that I've actually considered repurchasing (and I haven't repurchased a blush ever in my life yet). It's a gorgeous unique colour that looks great for nude/natural looks. It's a perfect blend of pink, brown, bronze and mauve. I discovered this blush when I bought the Beach Beauty Face Palette (which btw I totally love & wished it wasn't discontinued) in 2005 (i think). It has a hint of shimmer but it, as the other MUAers have mentioned, doesn't show up as shimmer. To me it shows up more like glow from within sort of effect. I normally pair this with nude/brown/pink lipsticks (similar to the l/s in the Beach palette). Will try it as a bronzer next (as someone mentioned it can be worn as such too). Either way I simply love it! Will repurchase always! EDIT: I did like this but I think this makes me look older as it clashes with my NC 20 skintone. Too muddy looking for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love that this blush is not too shimmery like other blushes, but rather looks more pearly once it settles on my cheeks. The color is an amazing perfect blend of both pink and brown. I wear this blush when I'm wearing BB Metallic eye shadows since they both have a similar texture and give off the same "lighted" effect. Don't forget to use a soft hand when applying this blush because a little goes a long way.

I just wanted to add how beautiful I think this is. I am very fair and most bronzers do not work on me. Bahama Brown works beautifully. It has the effect of a bronzer but with a little pink to it so it's believable. I werar it with Pink Sugar for a "pop" of pink on the apple.

Popular Blush Products