MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.9

on 6/22/2018 8:29:00 PM

The lightest shade in this, #13, is one of the few products pale enough that I don't need to use any white mixer with; it's pale enough by itself! It has neutral, leaning pink undertones so it suited my skin very well, those with very warm undertones may find this looks ashy on them.

Coverage is medium, just about buildable to full although it takes some effort to not make it look super cakey aiming for full coverage. However, it still ranks up there as one of the highest coverage BB creams I've tried. It's quite a thick, silicone-y feeling consistency and needs to be blended thoroughly on application as a base shade, but can then be used as a kind of spot covering product over areas with moderate pigmentation issues - on me, I can tap this product over healing acne marks or faint bruises and don't need to use a concealer on top. It won't cover darker marks though. It dries to a dewy finish, like most Korean base products, but in a 'healthy glow' way rather than an 'I just left the sauna' kind of look. I prefer to set with translucent powder for a more toned down look overall, used sparingly with a brush it's easy to get a more semi-matte look but be warned, on my combination skin this lasts only a few hours before needing to blot and re-powder. But as always, your mileage may vary.

Wear time is OK, better in winter as it's quite a moisturising formula and slides off in high heat. Lasts around 8 hours on me, with blotting papers used 2-3 times over the course of the day. I prefer using this in colder weather for that reason but it's also a good option when my skin is mildly irritated, after a glycolic acid treatment for example as it's a thick and moisturising formula. However this won't help hide flakiness so in cases of scaling and dryness, I need to remove that first with physical exfoliation before applying.

The price isn't too bad, but shade #13 does seem to be more difficult to find than the other shades, often where it is available this will be more expensive than the #21 & #23 shades. I've never been able to get a hold of this in the smaller 20g size, but the 50g has a pump dispenser which I like as it helps reduce contaminants getting at the product inside, like coffee dust on my fingers in the morning! The bottle itself is squeezy plastic so no need to worry about shattering or breaking. The downside is that you don't immediately see how much is left.

Overall, I'd say the reason this remains a popular "starter" BB cream is simply because it's a pretty good product - decent coverage, decent price, decent wear time, and a decent price. It's not my absolute favourite as I'm not a fan of the Korean super dewy look on me, but that's just my personal preference. For very pale girls, this is one of the best BB creams out there in terms of colour match, and when dry it oxidises only very, very slightly so there's no orange cast. I can't vouch for any skincare benefits aside from its SPF 42 & PA ++ - I need to wear a sunblock underneath anyway but it's a nice added bonus on top of it. I don't use this so often as it's only in winter or while my skin's healing, but I do find myself re-purchasing when it runs out as it does feel quite protective on my skin.

on 5/24/2018 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This replaced all my foundations at the moment. I find it a bit glowy and it gives the perfectly smooth, bright, natural look to your face. It really looks like there's no makeup. Of course, don't expect super full coverage but it is a high medium coverage, better than most of the foundations. The longevity is pretty amazing, especially because it seems slippery at first, but it hangs on in the most beautiful way, it doesn't crack or become weird, it just fades a bit. I set it with powder in my t-zone and on my chin. I am not super oily at the end of the day, I just have that healthy glow. I know the shade-range is awful for deeper skin tones, but for me, this is a blessing because I'm super fair with a neutral undertone. It might seem a little bit on the grey side but it blends perfectly and seamlessly even with my hands. Plus the high spf. I absolutely love it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Nice creamy BB cream which guess medium coverage. I chose no 27 Honey Beige as the best match for my NC35 skin. It's a pretty good match: applies on the light side but oxidizes quickly to the color that's right for me.
I can't get it to last longer than lunch time however. By midday I notice it breaking on the t zone. Even when combining with primer and fixing powder.
Can't bring myself to tossing it yet as I want the texture is nice and I like the high SPF. Am I doing it wrong? :/

on 4/7/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great BB cream! One pump gives me a solid light- medium coverage that will last a good 6 to 8 hours. I love the finish, it's a dewy/satin finish; very natural looking. The pump is awesome. My only complaint is the shade range, they definitely need to work on having more of a variety of shades.
I am a SAHM so I don't need a full face of makeup everyday just to run errands, and this is quick and easy to put on and get out the door. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

on 2/25/2018 12:37:00 PM

I really wish this worked for me and I could join the ravers. The packaging is great, the price is reasonable, the SPF is good and the coverage is nice. To be fair, my skin isn't the easiest to work with and I tried this product with a few different moisturizers and primers but it just isn't for my face. I have dry cheeks with a pretty oily t-zone and large pores in my t-zone. This feels thick and looks a little cakey and settles into each pore and even the finest of lines within a couple of hours and does not look nice at all. I do recommend anyone give this a try because it is a good product, but my skin is particularly difficult and I won't be even finishing this bottle.

on 2/1/2018 6:07:00 PM

This is my current foundation and I LOVE IT! I have the No.13, a greish-pinky pale bb cream which fits my skin better than any other foundation I've used :) It's definitely on the dewy side - which is awesome for very dry skin like mine - but not supercrazy, it smells like sunscreen, and the only con I have to say (apart from not being cruelty free, I think!) is that it starts to come off if I don't set it with setting spray + powder!
I would totally repurchase but since it's not cruelty free and it's difficult to find where I live I don't know if I would! D:

on 9/22/2017 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I started using in my 20s and it was one of my favourite BB creams. The last one I bought was three years ago and I still have it. I tried other BB creams from Clinique, Olay, Garnier and so on. I like this brand better. I know you have to be careful when buying online because there are counterfeit ones too. I hope the formula is the same or better than the last one I bought. If it's different, I will update it here.

on 8/14/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

I find this cream to be between matte and dewy and a medium coverage. Their shade range is a little odd, I mix 23 and 27 and I am an NC20-25. Shade 23 is ashy and she 27 is too orange but mixing helps me find a happy medium. I would recommend checking out lots of swatches before purchasing. I love the container, the pump functions well and is more sanitary. This product keeps my skin happy and provides me some coverage. Though the SPF is great please still use a sunscreen, you are likely not applying enough!

on 5/25/2017 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love it! Is perfect for my super oily acne prone skin. The color matches perfectly my skin. Great coverage for a bb cream.

on 12/13/2016 11:32:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I love this stuff! Especially for winter. It lives in my gym bag and I put it on after swimming, for my trek home on the subway. It evens out the skin, and (I like to think) comforts it a bit after an hour in chlorinated water.

I use this, La Prairie cream blush, and Josie Maran stick illuminator, and I look like I've been to the gym (or having sex) (possibly having sex at the gym). Very glowy and happy..

By the time I want to take it off -- there is nothing there. I dunno where it went to, but there is no color on my micellar water soaked cotton. Magic.

I don't know if this will remain a favorite when the warm weather strikes. But for now, it feels very good on and for my skin.

Highly recommend. The only BB cream I really can see the point of.