MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

Filtered by hair type : Straight
MISSHA  M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

3.8

This is a review for the shade No.27 Honey Beige. For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone and this suits me really well, although a bit on the light side.

I think I found my HG BB cream. I usually struggle with the undertone (either too pink, too orange or too ashy) on me but this shade looks great on me. It's a bit light but after bronzer it looks amazing. I'm also very impressed with the coverage. Because of my acne scars and redness I always prefer a medium/full coverage foundation and this really covers 80% of my imperfection and I can totally skip concealer. Don't get me wrong, you can still see the scars but it is not that noticeable anymore.

I also enjoy the package and the scent. It comes in a pump which I really liked and there is a sweet subtle scent.

The finish can be a bit on the dewy side and this is specially true if you use a dampened beauty blender. I'm not a fan with dewy looks since I am pretty oily already. I use my Real Techniques buffing or expert brush and they blend out the BB cream beautifully and really mattify the finish quite a bit.

I normally don't use a primer underneath and instead just set it with powder and setting spray. It last about 8 hours which I'm more than okay with, and if I want it to last longer I can just apply primer underneath.

Definitely recommend and have already bought a backup - love this stuff!

on 9/14/2017 11:57:00 AM

Bought a pack with three small sizes of the lighter shades. One made me orange, one brown and one was the right shade but the undertone made me grey. I looked dead for a few days until I figured it out. Also gave me two spots. I've had under ten spots in my entire life (am now 35),so that's quite the accomplishment. Went back to my regular brand, this is in the bin.

on 9/6/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

aside from the pink grey undertone of the shades it comes in, this bb cream is a very good base product. it has a very good coverage/buildable medium-full coverage (similar to that of a foundation), satin finish, non-drying, has a mixed chemical/physical uv filters and spf 42 pa+++, longlasting and very cheap considering what you get. i love it although they really need to get rid of the fragrance in the product... i got this in 21 light beige and it is a light pink with a grey undertone.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

on the fence...
the consistency is quite thick, but with application it goes on very smoothly & blend easily.
Doesn’t cling to dry patches (hallelujah!!)
have a medium coverage, but feel light & breathable, Absorbs quickly, non tacky, Dewy finish, SPF 42 PA+++...
a HG, right?
Well... everyone fail to mention that the No 23 - "Natural Beige" have a distinct grayish tone!
I don't know anyone who have a grayish undertone or is aiming to look ashy...almost to the verge of “seek”/unflattering appearance .
For that reason alone I’ve stop using it.
The shade range is limited as well, so there isn’t a lot options to “play” with. What a shame! :(

on 7/25/2017 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like almost everything about this BB cream - it is very easy for apply, it has a high SPF, it has a great coverage for a BB cream, ingredients are not terrible and, what surprised me the most, it mattifies my oily skin so I don't need to put powder over it. This is something no BB cream has achieved for me.
And then comes the ashy shade. I have it in 21 and at first I thought maybe it's just that one shade that is off, but now that I read the reviews, I guess it's some general problem with this BB cream. It makes me look tired and even a little sick. NOT the look I was going for. I put a very thin layer but the problem still persists.
It's a pity because this would be the perfect BB cream if it wasn't for the ashy shade.

on 7/24/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in #13 Bright Beige as I heard it was a good match for NW10 skin. I found the consistency, coverage and finish what you would expect of a BB cream_ moisturizing, semi-glowy with to light-med coverage. I don't particularly care about the spf factor as there can never be enough in your foundation to give you adequate protection unless you wear 1/4th tsp of foundation on your face. Anyway, I've giving this 4 lippies because the formula was fine. So why the one lippie off? Well #13 shade is really weird! I don't typically take lippies off for color match because what doesn't work for me may be perfect for someone else. However, in this case, there is something really wrong with #13, and I have noticed in reviews that I am not the first to mention this. When I swatched, it looked so perfect for nw10 (super pale with serious pink undertones), however when I applied it I had a noticeably gray cast. Considering the shade is called "Bright Beige" and I ended up looking flat and gray, I took a lippie off. Maybe other shades are much better.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade 23, it's a bit too pink on my yellow-toned medium skin but I can still say it's not that bad at all. I would say that this has a natural coverage, and that's what I love about this because I don't like detectable makeup base on me plus it's not cakey! This is also oily skin friendly, it has a dewy effect which makes the skin looks healthy, but it still doesn't make my skin look like a disco ball by the end of the day unlike some bb creams and foundations. I love that this doesn't break me out as well which is a bonus. I took flashback photos and I don't see any white cast even if it says it has spf in it! Would definitely purchase again, the only thing I don't like about this is it's not that affordable, but this has 50 mL in it and for how it works I think it's reasonable!

on 3/13/2017 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream is one of the most hyped BB creams out there and was said to be good for oily skin. I bought mine online at Althea Korea because they offer the best prize compared to buying it at the mall. I got the shade No. 23, Natural Beige.

When I tried the BB cream, the first thing that I noticed was that it's grayish and it has a perfume-like scent to it. I was scared that the shade won't match with my skin tone. Fortunately, when I blended it on my skin, it actually matched pretty well and the color progressively looked better. It provided a decent amount of coverage and has a dewy, natural finish. The BB cream's thick but it feels light and gentle on the skin. A little goes a long way, one pump is enough for the whole face. I just add a little more on the areas that need more coverage, like my acne scars. I'm not much of a fan of the dewy look because I'm naturally oily so I set everything with loose powder to tone down the shine. The BB cream lasted for about 5 to 7 hours on my face. I still got oily and had to blot once in a while but I noticed that I'm not as oily as I normally do.

I've only used this BB cream for a week and so far, I'm loving it. I haven't broken out from it and my skin looks and feels better, probably because of the skincare properties it has. Overall, I am satisfied with the performance of this BB cream. I highly recommend everyone to try it. It's perfect for every day use.

on 1/23/2017 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Would not order again. Shows up my dry spots, doesn't last good for even few hours (unless I use a massive amount ~2ts of moisturiser and primer both) and too shiny for my liking. Decent coverage but that doesn't last - starts to disappear soon from spots such as chin, near the nose and cheeks.
A disappointment really after I heard that this was supposed to be a holy grail product to so many.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this product for the winter when my skin is drier than normal. I have very oily skin in the summer, but when Canadian winter hits I get a lot of dryness alongside super fair skin. I have no.21, which is the closest match to my skin (MAC NC15/Estee Lauder 1W1) although this has a more grey/pink undertone compared to my yellow undertone but you can only see the difference if you're a perfectionist like me. It looks super grey when you pump it out but after you've blended it in it oxidises to a more natural skin colour.
If my skin is really dry then I don't set this with any powder and it dries down very nicely, and I like the light-medium coverage of this plus the fact that it has some spf and I can easily blend it in with my fingers.
Be warned those who want to try this, this product can range from $10-35 depending on where you buy it from, if you order from Korea or some international retailer it is much cheaper than ordering from a local retailer (shipping is way longer tho). I got mine for $15CAD off amazon prime, amazon is really good about not selling counterfeits but I would still recommend reading the reviews to see if it's legit.
The reason I gave this four stars is because it has only five shades, and the darkest is seriously not dark at all. I know that it's standard to only offer three shades with Korean brands, but omg guys get it together