MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

MISSHA  M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

3.4

on 5/25/2017 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love it! Is perfect for my super oily acne prone skin. The color matches perfectly my skin. Great coverage for a bb cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First off I want to clarify to everyone that in order to get the advertised SPF in a product, you must apply 1/4th tsp. Scientists factor this in when rating SS. I tried using 1/4th tsp of this and boy was I ugly.

This is an okay product. It gives decent coverage. And the lightest shade (13) is ALMOST pale enough for me. I'm NC10 so it's not often I find a shade match. I would say shade 13 leans cool toned.

This actually reminds me of IT Cosmetics CC Your Skin But Better cream. Neither are HG quality to me, but you can save a lot of money ordering this instead. The IT Cosmetics option is not very rosacea friendly, whereas with the Missha I didn't have any flaring. The Missha doesn't have any snail secretion, but it does have a bunch of anti aging ingredients (IE collagen).

Now for the cons... it's too emollient for me. I found it very hard to set. I *am* very oily though, and live in hot humid Texas. The only foundation matte enough for me is Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse (my HG). Another issue is it got cakey quite quickly. I suppose if you're not using it for the SPF and you only apply 1 pump it'd be fine.

I probably won't repurchase. But I will admit it is a decent product.

on 3/23/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wanted to like this product so badly as it felt and looked good on my skin. However, I did get blemishes within days of using it. I used to be seriously acne-prone, but my skin has changed and for many years now, I have been blemish-free. I don't normally get reactions to fragrance or other comedogenic ingredients - I mean hardly a spot for over 5 years now - so I was really dissappointed with my experience with this bb cream.

The things I liked about it:
People have commented negatively on the ashen/grey shade it provides, but to me, this quickly fades and the shade within seconds adjusts to my skin tone. I like the way it makes my skin feels healthy and moisturised when I have this on. I like the packaging a lot, which is a tube-pump combo. The coverage is great for a bb cream, very buildable. And generally, the price is quite competitive compared to some western brands.

There's so much to like, so I really wish it didn't cause break outs. Perhaps change your formulation, Missha?

on 2/17/2016 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Decent, but not spectacular. Have used it off and on for about a year now.

Good shade match for me (27 in Honey Beige will match NC 32 - 35), but there are a few flaws with this product that I don't like about it. One is the transferring. Two is the lack of longevity and oil control. Three is the sheer-to-medium coverage that fades throughout the day.

Pros include the high spf (42, to be exact) and my grudging admittance it DOES look good for three hours before it fades. I snagged it for $11 on eBay (yes it was real) and it did not clog my pores or make my then-acne struggle worse. I LOVE the tube packaging, it makes it easy to travel with and the pump is fantastic.

I would not purchase this again, but it's not a troublesome task to attempt to finish the rest of the BB cream. I think for people who have pretty good, dry-to-combo skin would enjoy this more than I did.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Soo sun protection, skincare, and makeup/foundation all in one? for a really affordable price? Made in Korea in which skincare is an obsession? This sounds like HG!

UNFORTUNATELY, NOT. A REALLY BIG NO.

I'll be frank, I really like Missha because their essence treatment really made a difference in my skin. Finally at the age of 27 I am free of acne, and the scars have diminished where I can confidently wear no makeup going outside. I took a leap of faith and purchased my first BB cream with this company in color No 27 (I am Asian. This has the most yellow undertone, but not a light color. Would match Nc30+) because who wouldn't want to wear makeup that would make your skin better?

Outcome: I wore this for 2 days and cystic acne e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e! nope not white heads or black heads (I wish it were those, those heal faster) but these are cystic acne that are trying to bulge from under your skin- big, red, & inflamed trying to come out like a zit. And it's not just 1, 2, or 3 acne. This is acne thats coming out from everywhere in patches! my skin hurts to be touched now.

Then it dawned on me...
-Have you ever applied thick sunblock where it has broken you out before?
- Have you ever had makeup that has broken you out before?
- Have you ever tried creams that contained fragrance that has broken you out before?
- Does mineral oil/baby oil ever break you out?

If any of the above has ever caused you acne, well imagine ALL 4 of the above combined in ONE tube!

For other ladies thinking about trying this, be cautious and think about what I mentioned above. There's too many things in this tube that can trigger breakout/rash. AND I DO NOT even have sensitive skin! I'm so upset because healing my skin and scars from this product is going to take over a year!

The only pros is that the packaging is wonderful (sanitary), the finish is dewy, and the price is great. The coverage is light, but can easily rub off even if set with powder..Still I don't care, I'm still running away from this stuff like a f*cking disease!

on 8/10/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought it because of its colour (#13) which matches my pale skin perfectly.

My skin is VERY VERY oily, so it was a big mistake to buy it. I get a little bit oily before I even finish to apply it. My face is all shiny just an hour later. This thing makes my face sticky, it's disgusting to touch it. Also, it completely slides off my face after 2-3 hours. This BB cream leaves its colour on everything you touch: your clothes, your hands, your phone.

Coverage is great for a BB cream. It applies smoothly (I apply it with my fingers). Didn't clog my pores. It has relatively low price and really bright colour, which is difficult to find for me.

Despite that, I will never buy it again. And don't recommend to do this for those who have oily/very oily skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE--
THIS Gave me VERY bad cystic acne. Its barely clearing up And its September!!.. I still have marks from hyper pigmentmentation. At the time--i thought it was great stuff..but I started breaking out..not too bad at first..but they were deep cystic pimples that took forever to go away. I thought-its something else. But it wasn't :-( I finally gave this to my mom..she uses Skin 79 intense classic BB cream. She is a 60 yr old woman... AND IT BROKE HER OUT TOO!!! AT THE END OF THE DAY SHE HAD A PIMPLE TOO!! AFTER 20 YRS!! I don't recommend this at all anymore...

I think this is the Best BB cream I ve purchased. I got honey beige #27. its a lot thicker then American Bb creams which r basically just glorified tinted moisturizer. I have SUPER OILY skin with some acne and acne scarring as well as some scars from an auto pedestrian accident in which I was the pedestrian-it covered well without settling in divets and marks--scars :-(
it has SOME staying power since I'm doing this review in July in Utah. not as much as I like but I just mix it with a TINY bit of my Revlon color stay foundation And it works terrific!!
I do not think it breaks me out but I will do an update at later time about that as well as any lightening and such it claims to do. I wish it was available in stores here is the only con so far... good stuff :-)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have super oily skin and I have to say this is my favorite foundation. It looks flawless, great in pictures, and it gives your face a nice dewy glow. It's SPF45 I like to wear just this on my face to the beach or pool, it's perfect. The only con is staying power in the summer time :( for me it's perfect for the fall and winter seasons, summer ehh not so much.

on 2/17/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very excited to try this popular BB cream but unfortunately I'm not going to buy it ever again. The main reason is that this product smells VERY WEIRD, VERY BAD after 5 hours on my face. It is a very strong scent that I can't ignore and others near my face can detect.

I have this same problem with korean face creams, not just BB Creams.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first and only BB cream I've tried, so I can't really compare it to other brands. I do really like this BB cream though. #27 Honey Beige matches perfectly and beautifully with my skin, so that's why I always come back to this BB cream. It does leave a dewy finish though, so it doesn't work well in the summer (unless you finish/set it with powder I suppose) but does keep your skin moisturized in the winter. It has a light-medium coverage for me, so sometimes I do have to use concealer along with it. It applies easily, more like a thick liquid lotion, so I just tap it into my face with my clean fingers. It does NOT control oil for me at all. My oil shines through in about 30 minutes after applying BB cream and I have to blot like crazy throughout the day. I'd say the wear is about 4 hours for me before it starts caking up and settling around my pores and into my laugh lines. It is quite fragrant as well; a flowery baby powder kind of smell. I've gotten used to it and I actually like it a lot now lol. Another reason I keep coming back to this BB cream is that it doesn't break me out and has SPF 42. So even though it doesn't control oil or has a long wearing time (hence the 3 lippies), the colour shade, the harmlessness on my skin, the sunscreen and the smell has got me hooked!

One bottle does last you a long time too. I bought the travel size back in January to sample the BB cream but didn't use it daily. From March to now though, I've used it pretty much daily and I'm still using the same travel size bottle!

Also, to test out another shade, I bought #23 of the Missha sensitive skin BB cream. The shade difference is HUGE. Not only is #23 slightly lighter in colour, but it also has a grayish, pinkish white undertone that makes me look disgustingly pale. #27 is warmer and yellow in colour and since I have yellow undertones, it matches me PERFECTLY.