MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.9

on 12/29/2018 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm using this in no.27 (honey beige) and the colour matches my medium skin tone extremely well. It provides light coverage and helps to even out my skin tone, leaving a velvety and natural-looking finish. I've worn this on multiple occasions over the past year, including formal events such as balls and weddings. It doesn't leave a white cast and it doesn't feel cakey. It looks so natural and it looks great in flash photography. It's also very buildable.

I wanted to love this, but each time I use it, I develop a couple of pimples the next day. My skin isn't typically very sensitive to most products, so that's saying something :( It also smells pretty funky hahaha I can smell it when it's on my face... which is quite a turnoff as well. If this didn't smell so strange and if it didn't break me out, I'd definitely repurchase it! I wish it didn't break me out /:

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can only use this when in colder climates. In hot weather this just 'melts' - firstly on my t-zone where I'm oiliest and then the rest of my face. I tend not to use primer but tried it once just to see if that would help. It did but only made it last a couple more hours before it started breaking up. A finishing powder such as Laura Mercier's helps but again cannot keep this on my face for a full day. Yes I do find the texture slightly oily and not overly keen on some of the ingredients...however I do love the dewy look and above all the excellent coverage I get from this. Finding I don't need to apply concealer afterwards. It's just a shame that I can only use it in cooler weather...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/22/2018 8:29:00 PM

The lightest shade in this, #13, is one of the few products pale enough that I don't need to use any white mixer with; it's pale enough by itself! It has neutral, leaning pink undertones so it suited my skin very well, those with very warm undertones may find this looks ashy on them.

Coverage is medium, just about buildable to full although it takes some effort to not make it look super cakey aiming for full coverage. However, it still ranks up there as one of the highest coverage BB creams I've tried. It's quite a thick, silicone-y feeling consistency and needs to be blended thoroughly on application as a base shade, but can then be used as a kind of spot covering product over areas with moderate pigmentation issues - on me, I can tap this product over healing acne marks or faint bruises and don't need to use a concealer on top. It won't cover darker marks though. It dries to a dewy finish, like most Korean base products, but in a 'healthy glow' way rather than an 'I just left the sauna' kind of look. I prefer to set with translucent powder for a more toned down look overall, used sparingly with a brush it's easy to get a more semi-matte look but be warned, on my combination skin this lasts only a few hours before needing to blot and re-powder. But as always, your mileage may vary.

Wear time is OK, better in winter as it's quite a moisturising formula and slides off in high heat. Lasts around 8 hours on me, with blotting papers used 2-3 times over the course of the day. I prefer using this in colder weather for that reason but it's also a good option when my skin is mildly irritated, after a glycolic acid treatment for example as it's a thick and moisturising formula. However this won't help hide flakiness so in cases of scaling and dryness, I need to remove that first with physical exfoliation before applying.

The price isn't too bad, but shade #13 does seem to be more difficult to find than the other shades, often where it is available this will be more expensive than the #21 & #23 shades. I've never been able to get a hold of this in the smaller 20g size, but the 50g has a pump dispenser which I like as it helps reduce contaminants getting at the product inside, like coffee dust on my fingers in the morning! The bottle itself is squeezy plastic so no need to worry about shattering or breaking. The downside is that you don't immediately see how much is left.

Overall, I'd say the reason this remains a popular "starter" BB cream is simply because it's a pretty good product - decent coverage, decent price, decent wear time, and a decent price. It's not my absolute favourite as I'm not a fan of the Korean super dewy look on me, but that's just my personal preference. For very pale girls, this is one of the best BB creams out there in terms of colour match, and when dry it oxidises only very, very slightly so there's no orange cast. I can't vouch for any skincare benefits aside from its SPF 42 & PA ++ - I need to wear a sunblock underneath anyway but it's a nice added bonus on top of it. I don't use this so often as it's only in winter or while my skin's healing, but I do find myself re-purchasing when it runs out as it does feel quite protective on my skin.

I'm NC20-25. The shade that best matches me is number 21 (although I've used number 23 in the past when I was more tanned i.e. NC25-30). This BB cream smoothes over imperfections and gives the skin a dewy, healthy looking finish. I have combination skin (oily nose) and this BB cream is pretty long wearing. When you first apply, it looks a little greyish but after a minute or so, it blends nicely into your skin and you don't see the grey cast anymore. Texture wise, the product glides on and its medium (not too liquid or dry) consistency makes it easy to blend. Smell is powdery, pleasant and not too strong/ overpowering. Overall, a reliable BB cream! I've gone through 3 tubes of this already.

on 4/21/2018 12:29:00 PM

medium coverage , creamy hydrating texture but not oily , good for everyday use
shade 27 honey beige has a strong yellow undertone , suitable for olive and tanned skin tones with warm undertones
packaging is good , a squeeze tube with a pump and the size is bigger than ordinary foundations (50 ml )

on 3/7/2018 1:50:00 PM

I am prone to congested pores and breakouts, and this product seriously broke me out. It bummed me out because this is a beautiful texture and awesome one-step, easy morning coverage (it's true that if you're close at all to the shade it somehow looks great on skin). I love the pump! However, I can't reach for this because I know it will mess with my skin.

on 2/25/2018 12:37:00 PM

I really wish this worked for me and I could join the ravers. The packaging is great, the price is reasonable, the SPF is good and the coverage is nice. To be fair, my skin isn't the easiest to work with and I tried this product with a few different moisturizers and primers but it just isn't for my face. I have dry cheeks with a pretty oily t-zone and large pores in my t-zone. This feels thick and looks a little cakey and settles into each pore and even the finest of lines within a couple of hours and does not look nice at all. I do recommend anyone give this a try because it is a good product, but my skin is particularly difficult and I won't be even finishing this bottle.

on 2/23/2018 1:52:00 AM

I'm a Nc 20-25, got the shade no. 21 , generally not liking the shade and its undertone , it is too gray , did swatches with every foundation/base makeup I have owned , it is the 'grayest' among all , just not a good undertone , I prefer much more a yellow undertone base.

The texture is nice , lightly scented , felt really comfortable on the skin , it gives a demi-matte, satin finished, if it is not for the gray undertone, I'll definitely be using this a lot.
The coverage was medium , not as buildable as everyone had rave about but it still gives the coverage I want , I have tons of hyperpigmenation , acne scarring and large pores , it covers up majority of my redness but some of my blemishes still peaking through , well i don't really mind it as concealer will do the job , it does blur out my pores .

It is an overall nice bb cream, but the undertone....Ugh
If they changed the undertone to more neutral I will definitely repurchase it again , but for now, it is a pass.

I really do love this B.B. cream, the only problem is that it takes some trial and error to find what other products work with it, and by that I mean primers. I wore it one day with the dermalogica skin perfect primer, and it only lasted a few hours until it started breaking up. Then I tried it with the dermalogica hydro blur, and it took me twice the time to blend it in. It worked perfectly with two faced hangover primer, however that primer breaks me out if I wear too many days in a row... so I’m still trying to see what works and what doesn’t. It really is a beautiful B.B. cream however.... I love the way it applies when paired with the right primer, or without a primer for that matter... the color #13 is great for me on the days I dont want to wear concealer as it really does brighten my face, without making me look ghostly. I also love the packaging, I am a huge fan of the pump. The price also cannot be beat! So affordable, you can get it on amazon for $11.00. All in all, I do love this stuff... much better than some of the other B.B. creams out there, and the high end ones while we are at it... for the price, I definitely say try it. I have dry skin with an oily T-zone due to fish oil supplements, and this really does hydrate and feel nourishing. I would definitely recommend to a friend!

This is the first and only BB cream I've tried, as I had a few requirements before delving into the BB cream world. 1) I wanted one as close to my shade as possible, and 2) I wanted a true Korean one as theirs have an intense focus on skincare.

Firstly, the packaging on this is amazing, I love the pump/squeeze tube style, it keeps it hygienic, and easy to use, plus the pump doesn't shoot the product out everywhere.

Secondly, I love the feel of this, it felt very heavy and thick going on, but once blended out with my fingers, or a damp sponge it feels weightless, even after a 12 hour day, which is rare. I usually feel every product on my face and it gets grosser with each hour its on my face so I'm glad this product does not feel this way at all.

Thirdly, it is so nice and moisturizing. I have oily, dehydrated, sensitive skin, and this feels so nice on, it starts off a bit tacky, but dries down to being soo comfortable, it also has not caused any reactions, like breakouts, rashes or eczema flare-ups for me.

The only reason I took off a lippie was due to the fact that while they offer a shade close to my skin tone to pass, it's still not exactly right, I have shade number 27 (Honey Beige), which is very close but just slightly, too dark for me, as well as a touch orangey. Now I don't really mind this as its relatively undetectable to most people (even my make-up obsessed friends couldn't tell), but I noticed, so I usually add a couple drops of a lighter foundation to make it match me perfectly.

Overall, this is a great product, I will definitely be repurchasing this when my current tube runs out. I do wish though they had more shades, but I feel like that's the story of most of our lives.