MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

MISSHA  M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42

3.7

on 8/7/2017 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have repurchased this twice already. This was a very good bb cream back when I first started wearing foundation and bb creams. However the one I got is too orange for my skin. I have to mix it with a another product to balance it out.

on 2/20/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

My holy grail face product! I love this stuff! The right light amount of coverage for me that feels good on the skin.

on 10/3/2016 3:53:00 AM

I got the shade 23, which was a bit too light and had a gray cast on my nc30/35 skin. After waiting a few minutes it looked acceptable though. I think shade 27 would be a better match.
This BB cream is quite moisturizing on me, but I have oily skin. When I wear this I could skip the moisturizer and my skin felt fine. If you have dry to normal skin you would probably like this BB cream- oily skin is a bit iffy. Since I live in a dry climate I don't mind the moisture, but keep in mind if you have oily/combo skin you will have to retouch as it has no oil absorbing properties.
Lasting power was about average on me. I like the fact that it has decent SPF. I wouldn't wear it alone, but as a second layer on top of sunscreen it works well.
This is a great everyday product. It also makes a great in a rush product for me since I can skip a few moisturizing steps, and since it blends so easily. I can use my fingers, buffer brush, or a sponge and it still looks good.
Overall, a decent product. I am still on the hunt for something that's more of a demi-matte finish that I won't have to touch up as much, but this is still a great product.

I thought this product was suppose to make your skin better. Too bad I havent noticed or heard any of that. If it doesnt make your skin better than there are way better concealers for that price.

on 8/10/2015 9:39:00 PM

On the one hand, this has a great SPF rating (which is why I bought it), moisturizers and works as a sheer-to-medium buildable foundation. On the other, the color selection is wretched.

It applies smoothly and I wear it pretty sheer. It is easily buildable to a more medium coverage and doesn't streak. The finish is slightly dewy, and it does cover the unevenness in my skin tone quite well even applied moderately.

I'm on the extremely oily end of the combo spectrum, so I set it with translucent loose powder, and it holds up pretty well under that- I can see it trying to break down mid-day after sweating to death in a 90+ degree building (basically, it takes a miracle product to hold up to the current weather and my general oilyness- Nyx BB is the only thing I've found that does). But, it doesn't look terrible and it holds up better than a lot of things.

However, and this is a huge caveat, the color range just sucks. I purchased 23, as I've tanned some in spite of myself (and thus I'm not my usual pale self) and I tan very golden. Unfortunately, though it matches my face to my arms/chest pretty well as far as light-dark value is concerned, the pink/grey/brown undertone is rather terrible on me. It just looks off, kind of dirty and ashy. It alllllmost works applied lightly enough but it is pretty far from my general skin tone. If they ever make a yellower shade, I would repurchase in a heartbeat. And I'll probably use it when I know I'm going to be in the sun, like for travelling, but day-to-day, no. It's too jarringly wrong colored, sadly. I'll try the lighter shades in the winter and hope they match better, though.

EDIT a couple of years later. I started mixing 23 with 31, this summer. I discovered my mineral makeup physical SPF works better than Neutrogena's chemical SPF 100, resulting in a WILD mismatch between my face and body since I've had to be out in the sun this summer. Wat do? I got the shade up from 23 and sure enough mixed 50/50 it works fabulously. It holds up in the heat (well, with a strong translucent powder over top) wayyyyyy better than my usual mineral powder and has more coverage, which I need to make my face match my body right now. I mean, I've been sweating like crazy, rubbing my face a little... it doesn't break down or budge- a bit of oiliness mid-day but no melting or breaking down! No breakouts, have gotten many compliments on it even. With a good color match it's the best I've found for oily skin in the summer.

on 2/11/2015 6:20:00 PM

Hello. Rubyruby76 sells counterfeit. Or maybe I was just unlucky. She sold me a fake Nature Republic aloe vera gel. I don't know why so many people are recommending her because when I left a feedback about the counterfeit product, she wrote me an email asking me to retract my feedback and offering to give me a full refund if I agreed. That means she KNEW that she was sending me a fake product, though I have no idea why. Perhaps it's because my shipping address is based in Germany and there are no Nature Republic stores here? Unfortunately for her, I am Singaporean and right before I came back to Germany for winter semester, I actually bought a tub of the aloe vera gel from the NR store in Singapore. I paid 9euros including free shipping, so this item is by no means "cheap". I wasn't looking for a cheap deal when I purchased from her ebay store. I simply wanted to replenish my diminishing tub. I'm writing this email because I hope to raise cyber awareness about Rubyruby76. I thought she was a good choice because I did some research and almost all the bloggers recommend her or her store (RoseRoseShop). This must mean she sends counterfeits selectively. Probably only to countries without the brick-and-mortar stores.

After a year or two using Clinique's tinted moisturiser, I decided for a change as I found the colour (Neutral 03) was a bit touch-and-go for me, and it ended up giving me a very oily nose very quickly!

After doing a lot of research online, I purchased the BB cream last week in #27 - for Sydney siders, I had heard a rumour that the Missha store in QVB had closed (sadness), but the Terry White Chemist in Strathfield Plaza stocks this BB cream. I was able to 'try' on the cream on my face after asking the nice shop attendant there about her opinion on colours.

Originally I had tried #23, after reading many reviews on it and thinking it was my colour, and even though it actually blended into my skin quite well, I tried on #27 on my other cheek and found that the yellow tones matched my skin quite well. I purchased this for around $32 - $34 AUD for 50ml (which is actually a bit of a better deal than the 30ml Clinique moisturiser I usually get).

The texture is thicker than my tinted moisturiser, and I find that one light pump from the pack is enough for my whole face. When I first took it home, I applied it using my fingers near a window to see the colour under natural light (as I find indoor lights are quite different!). I was a bit shocked when I first applied it as it was so yellow!! But then after about 10 seconds, I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see that the BB cream had oxidised to my face colour. The smell is a light florally scent which I don't mind as it disappears after application.

This BB cream feels light on my face, and gives my acne scars moderate coverage - I apply one extra layer to my red acne marks which gives me almost total coverage. One thing I really like about how this BB cream sits on my face is that it looks SO natural! It honestly probably looks less natural when I set it with a bit of bare minerals powder because I want to prevent T-zone from being oily. I find it does accentuate any flakes on my face though, so I would probably exfoliate the night beforehand just to get rid of these before applying.

I wear this to work, and find the staying power is fantastic (again this compared to my old tinted moisturiser), and I only have to blot once or twice during the day with an oil blotting sheet. I have not found wearing this BB cream to cause any more pimples than usual (yay!).

I would definitely repurchase after using this tube, perhaps online now that I know what colour I am as I think Missha often has sales online.

on 6/27/2014 2:48:00 PM

Edit: Tip! I now mix in a drop of serum before applying rather than adding the Fix+, and it works gloriously to make my skin look like a naturally glowy dream.

I am in love with this stuff. It looks absolutely natural on me which is one of my major goals when picking a foundation. It's the perfect combination of covering imperfections while also letting my actual skin show through. I'm in love with the color match, staying power (I sometimes have 12+ hour days), and finish (semi-matte).

I was skeptical of trying bb creams because color match is so important to me, and I absolutely will not stand for any of this gray nonsense. I'm a neutral/yellow NC20 so after some research online it seemed that #23 should be my closest match. However, I was lucky enough to be able to go to a Missha pop-up shop where a makeup artist figured out my exact shade. Turns out that my perfect color is a mix of #27 and #21 (using slightly more #27). This mix really works!! No more gray tone at all.

Now that it's summer I prefer a little more of a dewy finish so I use MAC Fix+ to accomplish that. After moisturizing, I lightly spray my face with MAC Fix+ (4-5 sprays), then mix the colors on the back of my hand (this gives the Fix+ a little time to settle down a bit). Then I apply with my fingers which is a breeze with the added slip from the Fix+. I pat on a little extra where I have some more redness. Then after I'm finished with the rest of my makeup, I give myself a few final sprays of Fix+, and I'm done!

Anyway, I hope my review will help some of you avoid the dreaded grayness. Missha has so many sales, it's easy to pick up two different colors to mix at a price that's lower than a lot of other foundations. It's really worth it!

on 3/1/2014 6:11:00 AM

I may be the only person on this planet who dislikes this. It's expensive compared to the other BB creams I love. It's sticky and watery. Coverage is sheer. Feels like it just sits on top of the skin and doesn't blend well. Gives me a grey cast. Feels heavy like I have a ton of cream on my face. I only love matte bb creams and this is definitely sheer and zombie looking.

First off, my skin is dry, sensitive and very acne prone. I have acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone. I normally wear full coverage foundation and I have use a lot of them to cover up and none of them ever looks natural. I decided to try an Asian BB cream finally and after using it for a month I will stop buying foundation. This stuff has been seriously almost life-changing for me and my problem skin. It definitely covers up redness and pores and acne scars while looking natural. I won't say this gives complete total coverage but the coverage is high enough but still remains natural. Wearing this someone said to me that my skin was looking good and that they could not see that I was wearing makeup on my skin. Although it was such a deception, I knew this BB cream has done wonders, especially a comment from someone that doesn't wear/like heavy makeup. This also has the longevity that I need my makeup to be for a whole work day. It lasts the entire day and with a few touch ups can be worn into the night. Even with my dry skin I set it with powder to keep it in place. The packaging is great too. Depending on the size of tube you buy it comes in a pump in the larger size and a squeeze tube in the smaller size. The price is reasonable around $19 CAD for the large size from missha.ca or prettyandcute.com.

I absolutely love this BB cream and other non-asian BB can't compare. I have also used Tarte's BB cream and one from Revlon - although both felt nice on the skin they did not give the same coverage or look of the missha.

I am around nc40/nc42 and asian BB creams rarely come in darker shades. I use #27 and #31 to give me my perfect shade. #27 is more yellow while #31 is more red/pink. (another BB alternative for those with nc42-44 is skin79 bronze). I use #27 on the inner parts of my face and a tad of #31 on the outer areas.

For reference, other foundations I had used to coverup: dermablend, cover fx, kat von d lock it, revlon whipped, mufe mat velvet, mac prolongwear, mac studio fix fluid, estee lauder double wear. The missha bb cream has replaced my foundations and with a tad bid of mac prolonwear concealer in areas for extra coverage, my skin looks better then it ever has. I have also not broken out from this or had any type of reaction. I will update if anything does change.

#Update: 3 months later (3/30/2014) - I still love this BB cream and use this daily. No issues with breaking out. Was a bit drying during January but I switched primers and no setting powder and it helped.