MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

3.9

on 6/22/2018 8:29:00 PM

The lightest shade in this, #13, is one of the few products pale enough that I don't need to use any white mixer with; it's pale enough by itself! It has neutral, leaning pink undertones so it suited my skin very well, those with very warm undertones may find this looks ashy on them.

Coverage is medium, just about buildable to full although it takes some effort to not make it look super cakey aiming for full coverage. However, it still ranks up there as one of the highest coverage BB creams I've tried. It's quite a thick, silicone-y feeling consistency and needs to be blended thoroughly on application as a base shade, but can then be used as a kind of spot covering product over areas with moderate pigmentation issues - on me, I can tap this product over healing acne marks or faint bruises and don't need to use a concealer on top. It won't cover darker marks though. It dries to a dewy finish, like most Korean base products, but in a 'healthy glow' way rather than an 'I just left the sauna' kind of look. I prefer to set with translucent powder for a more toned down look overall, used sparingly with a brush it's easy to get a more semi-matte look but be warned, on my combination skin this lasts only a few hours before needing to blot and re-powder. But as always, your mileage may vary.

Wear time is OK, better in winter as it's quite a moisturising formula and slides off in high heat. Lasts around 8 hours on me, with blotting papers used 2-3 times over the course of the day. I prefer using this in colder weather for that reason but it's also a good option when my skin is mildly irritated, after a glycolic acid treatment for example as it's a thick and moisturising formula. However this won't help hide flakiness so in cases of scaling and dryness, I need to remove that first with physical exfoliation before applying.

The price isn't too bad, but shade #13 does seem to be more difficult to find than the other shades, often where it is available this will be more expensive than the #21 & #23 shades. I've never been able to get a hold of this in the smaller 20g size, but the 50g has a pump dispenser which I like as it helps reduce contaminants getting at the product inside, like coffee dust on my fingers in the morning! The bottle itself is squeezy plastic so no need to worry about shattering or breaking. The downside is that you don't immediately see how much is left.

Overall, I'd say the reason this remains a popular "starter" BB cream is simply because it's a pretty good product - decent coverage, decent price, decent wear time, and a decent price. It's not my absolute favourite as I'm not a fan of the Korean super dewy look on me, but that's just my personal preference. For very pale girls, this is one of the best BB creams out there in terms of colour match, and when dry it oxidises only very, very slightly so there's no orange cast. I can't vouch for any skincare benefits aside from its SPF 42 & PA ++ - I need to wear a sunblock underneath anyway but it's a nice added bonus on top of it. I don't use this so often as it's only in winter or while my skin's healing, but I do find myself re-purchasing when it runs out as it does feel quite protective on my skin.

on 5/24/2018 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This replaced all my foundations at the moment. I find it a bit glowy and it gives the perfectly smooth, bright, natural look to your face. It really looks like there's no makeup. Of course, don't expect super full coverage but it is a high medium coverage, better than most of the foundations. The longevity is pretty amazing, especially because it seems slippery at first, but it hangs on in the most beautiful way, it doesn't crack or become weird, it just fades a bit. I set it with powder in my t-zone and on my chin. I am not super oily at the end of the day, I just have that healthy glow. I know the shade-range is awful for deeper skin tones, but for me, this is a blessing because I'm super fair with a neutral undertone. It might seem a little bit on the grey side but it blends perfectly and seamlessly even with my hands. Plus the high spf. I absolutely love it!

I'm NC20-25. The shade that best matches me is number 21 (although I've used number 23 in the past when I was more tanned i.e. NC25-30). This BB cream smoothes over imperfections and gives the skin a dewy, healthy looking finish. I have combination skin (oily nose) and this BB cream is pretty long wearing. When you first apply, it looks a little greyish but after a minute or so, it blends nicely into your skin and you don't see the grey cast anymore. Texture wise, the product glides on and its medium (not too liquid or dry) consistency makes it easy to blend. Smell is powdery, pleasant and not too strong/ overpowering. Overall, a reliable BB cream! I've gone through 3 tubes of this already.

on 3/7/2018 1:50:00 PM

I am prone to congested pores and breakouts, and this product seriously broke me out. It bummed me out because this is a beautiful texture and awesome one-step, easy morning coverage (it's true that if you're close at all to the shade it somehow looks great on skin). I love the pump! However, I can't reach for this because I know it will mess with my skin.

on 2/25/2018 12:37:00 PM

I really wish this worked for me and I could join the ravers. The packaging is great, the price is reasonable, the SPF is good and the coverage is nice. To be fair, my skin isn't the easiest to work with and I tried this product with a few different moisturizers and primers but it just isn't for my face. I have dry cheeks with a pretty oily t-zone and large pores in my t-zone. This feels thick and looks a little cakey and settles into each pore and even the finest of lines within a couple of hours and does not look nice at all. I do recommend anyone give this a try because it is a good product, but my skin is particularly difficult and I won't be even finishing this bottle.

I really do love this B.B. cream, the only problem is that it takes some trial and error to find what other products work with it, and by that I mean primers. I wore it one day with the dermalogica skin perfect primer, and it only lasted a few hours until it started breaking up. Then I tried it with the dermalogica hydro blur, and it took me twice the time to blend it in. It worked perfectly with two faced hangover primer, however that primer breaks me out if I wear too many days in a row... so I’m still trying to see what works and what doesn’t. It really is a beautiful B.B. cream however.... I love the way it applies when paired with the right primer, or without a primer for that matter... the color #13 is great for me on the days I dont want to wear concealer as it really does brighten my face, without making me look ghostly. I also love the packaging, I am a huge fan of the pump. The price also cannot be beat! So affordable, you can get it on amazon for $11.00. All in all, I do love this stuff... much better than some of the other B.B. creams out there, and the high end ones while we are at it... for the price, I definitely say try it. I have dry skin with an oily T-zone due to fish oil supplements, and this really does hydrate and feel nourishing. I would definitely recommend to a friend!

on 2/1/2018 6:07:00 PM

This is my current foundation and I LOVE IT! I have the No.13, a greish-pinky pale bb cream which fits my skin better than any other foundation I've used :) It's definitely on the dewy side - which is awesome for very dry skin like mine - but not supercrazy, it smells like sunscreen, and the only con I have to say (apart from not being cruelty free, I think!) is that it starts to come off if I don't set it with setting spray + powder!
I would totally repurchase but since it's not cruelty free and it's difficult to find where I live I don't know if I would! D:

on 9/14/2017 11:57:00 AM

Bought a pack with three small sizes of the lighter shades. One made me orange, one brown and one was the right shade but the undertone made me grey. I looked dead for a few days until I figured it out. Also gave me two spots. I've had under ten spots in my entire life (am now 35),so that's quite the accomplishment. Went back to my regular brand, this is in the bin.

on 7/25/2017 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I like almost everything about this BB cream - it is very easy for apply, it has a high SPF, it has a great coverage for a BB cream, ingredients are not terrible and, what surprised me the most, it mattifies my oily skin so I don't need to put powder over it. This is something no BB cream has achieved for me.
And then comes the ashy shade. I have it in 21 and at first I thought maybe it's just that one shade that is off, but now that I read the reviews, I guess it's some general problem with this BB cream. It makes me look tired and even a little sick. NOT the look I was going for. I put a very thin layer but the problem still persists.
It's a pity because this would be the perfect BB cream if it wasn't for the ashy shade.

on 7/24/2017 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this in #13 Bright Beige as I heard it was a good match for NW10 skin. I found the consistency, coverage and finish what you would expect of a BB cream_ moisturizing, semi-glowy with to light-med coverage. I don't particularly care about the spf factor as there can never be enough in your foundation to give you adequate protection unless you wear 1/4th tsp of foundation on your face. Anyway, I've giving this 4 lippies because the formula was fine. So why the one lippie off? Well #13 shade is really weird! I don't typically take lippies off for color match because what doesn't work for me may be perfect for someone else. However, in this case, there is something really wrong with #13, and I have noticed in reviews that I am not the first to mention this. When I swatched, it looked so perfect for nw10 (super pale with serious pink undertones), however when I applied it I had a noticeably gray cast. Considering the shade is called "Bright Beige" and I ended up looking flat and gray, I took a lippie off. Maybe other shades are much better.