MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++

#13 Milky Beige - NC10
#21 Light Beige - NC20
#23 Natural Beige - NC20, NC25*, NC30
#27 Honey Beige - NC30, NC35

(All based on other people's reviews)
* most people using #23 state they have NC25 skin tone but there have been a few that caution #23 users to be below the color range of NC27-30. YMMV :/

Testers: in my experience as a NC20-25, #21 will be a closer match than #23 if you take into account of oxidation and (an accidentally) heavy hand.

The #21 has a strong pink base that is really obvious against someone with yellow skin tone (me). It has more of a brightening effect that is still natural if not put on too heavily.

The #23 has a STRONG yellow tone that would be great for those who are more tanned and have a yellow skin tone (NC25+). Personally I thought it had a slight orange tint as it oxidized...though the sales girl did say this had a 'natural finish' for those who matches the shade.

Neither had much lasting power. They were tried on the back of my hand right after being cleansed. It lasted maybe 2 hours? Not quite until the next time I had to wash my hands. It might last longer if set with powder.

Background on me: Asian, NC30 skintone, normal/not sensitive skin with acne scarring.

I love me some BB creams, and this one is at the top of the list. It boasts some extraordinary claims (covers! protects! lightens! does your laundry! does your taxes!) and if you're looking at the BB cream on its claims, it will NOT live up to what it says it will do for your skin. But that goes for ANY product out there - there is no end-all be all, all-in-one, multi-purpose moisturizer/primer/foundation/concealer/skincare product that will work for everybody.

THAT BEING SAID - I love this as a step above tinted moisturizer and a step below foundation. I am a student, I don't need full-coverage foundation every day or a flawless look everyday. But I have redness around my jawline that I want covered.

TEXTURE/FEEL: The BB cream itself is thick and gray when you first pump it out. You need to BLEND this and not apply a super thick layer over your face otherwise it will not oxidize. For me, this does change in color to fit my skin tone quite well, and I find that it seems to brighten my overall complexion and even out my skintone.

COVERAGE: Coverage-wise, this is one of the heavier BB creams. It covers a lot, and I only need a teeny bit of concealer for a few deep acne marks (I don't have a problem with undereye darkness) If you want more coverage, I think you could use a powder foundation over this to set/cover more and that would be perfect.

LONGEVITY: I find that this lasts fine when set with powder. If just used by itself, it doesn't really last too long/slides off easily/transfers on everything and anything.

PACKAGING: I love the pump, I have no problem with getting too much/too little. You may have to fiddle around to find out what is the perfect amount of pressure to add.

CONSIDER IF:
- You are lighter skinned (I don't know how dark the deepest shade is. I use No. 23)
- You don't need a heavy duty foundation but want some coverage
- You are normal to dry skinned

SKIP IF:
- You are oily
- You are expecting this product to stick the landing on a broken ankle and thus bring the gold medal and glory to the US

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN - NC30, normal to to dry skin. Occasional dry and flaky spots in the winter and occasional hormonal acne.
* MISSHA #23 REVIEW - (a) PACKAGING- in a hygienic, airtight, opaque 50 ml. upright container with an easy-to-control pump dispenser; (b) TEXTURE - a pleasant lightly-scented creamy liquid that blends easily without streaking or caking; (c) COVERAGE - light to medium coverage; (d) SUN PROTECTION - SPF42 PA+++, the PA+++ means that it contains UVA-filters, providing the highest protection against UVA; (e) WEARABILITY - wears like a very well-formulated "second skin" tinted moisturizer with very strong staying power; (f) COLOR - although the creamy liquid comes out of the bottle as an odd ashy gray color, it does oxidize to perfectly match my NC30 skin tone after about 10 minutes; (g) ADVERSE REACTIONS - absolutely none so far and I will update again if anything arises; (h) PRODUCT APPLICATION - I apply it like a tinted moisturizer with my fingers. One gentle pump is enough because a little bit of this BB cream goes a very long way. I don’t need to powder afterwards because it has a clean matte finish.
* ONLINE SHOPPING - I purchased from COSME-DE.com. The entire ordering process was smooth and worry-free from beginning to end. The international shipment arrived to me by safe and secure signed delivery, approximately 2 weeks after my order was placed and quickly dispatched.
* RECOMMENDATION – Good for normal to dry skin in the NC25-NC30 skin tone range.
* SUMMARY - The Missha Perfect Cover BB cream in #23 creates a smooth and satiny skin texture, giving me that nice, natural “no makeup” look. It instantly improves my complexion; my skin appears radiant and healthy. Thanks to Missha Perfect Cover BB cream #23, my skin looks flawless. Highly recommended!

This is a review for the shade No.27 Honey Beige. For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone and this suits me really well, although a bit on the light side.

I think I found my HG BB cream. I usually struggle with the undertone (either too pink, too orange or too ashy) on me but this shade looks great on me. It's a bit light but after bronzer it looks amazing. I'm also very impressed with the coverage. Because of my acne scars and redness I always prefer a medium/full coverage foundation and this really covers 80% of my imperfection and I can totally skip concealer. Don't get me wrong, you can still see the scars but it is not that noticeable anymore.

I also enjoy the package and the scent. It comes in a pump which I really liked and there is a sweet subtle scent.

The finish can be a bit on the dewy side and this is specially true if you use a dampened beauty blender. I'm not a fan with dewy looks since I am pretty oily already. I use my Real Techniques buffing or expert brush and they blend out the BB cream beautifully and really mattify the finish quite a bit.

I normally don't use a primer underneath and instead just set it with powder and setting spray. It last about 8 hours which I'm more than okay with, and if I want it to last longer I can just apply primer underneath.

Definitely recommend and have already bought a backup - love this stuff!

on 7/13/2015 4:42:00 AM

NC 20 Chinese skin, combination and oily on t-zone. Repurchased 3 bottles of this and always go back to this after several failed attempts on finding my HG. Long lasting and doesn't melt in the humid Singapore weather, not cakey either. Smells like baby powder but I like it. Would be even better if it has some yellow undertones.

Edit: No longer use liquid makeup anymore.

on 3/11/2013 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use the shade #27 and I am tan (NC40) and have acne-prone skin with large pores. I think the color matches me. I didn't get the darker shade #31 because it looks orange.
I love this stuff. I don't like the feeling of foundation on my face so I really love the weightless feeling of this BB cream. I also love that it minimizes my pores and evens out my face. It really gives a natural flawless finish. My face looks even better if I use the BB boomer prior to applying the BB cream. I've been using this for a few months now and it is my go to favorite "foundation" and it hasn't broken me out. It does have a floral scent but it fades out quickly. I don't even notice the smell anymore. I got this for 40% off at the Missha US website so check them out from time to time because they always go on sale throughout the year.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good product since its not too thick, doesn't have overpowering smell, and is cheap if you know where to buy.
It's sad that the other comment seem to have bought a fake Missha since the way they describe it fits the fake ones.
BEWARE OF FAKES. GO TO A TRUSTED SELLER.
signs that the product is fake: smell is overpowering, easily broken bottle, have slight defect or have poor quality packaging, more oily that when you put it in a tissue, the oil will easily spread. (don't put something like this on your face! be aware. :) )

I definitely like this BB cream more than Missha's M Signature Real Complete BB cream. It's much lighter on the face, it doesn't make me break out, and it covers the redness on my cheeks and T-Zone. It tones down acne scars, but they're not completely gone.

Since it's winter, I use a moisturizer before I put this cream on. I probably won't have to during the summer.

The cream stays on my face all day and it doesn't come off until I use soap.

BUT!!
If you have any fine lines or dry patches, the cream will cling on to them. It's not as bad as Signature Real Complete, where the cream's stickiness accentuates the dry patches/lines, but if you don't exfoliate or you cake on too much at once (a little goes a long, long way), it'll look disastrous. The BB cream is also comes on super dewy when you put it on first, though eventually that goes away.

There's a baby powder scent that can be strong if you're not used to it. It doesn't go away.

Would I recommend this BB cream? Absolutely. Just go a shade darker than you normally would. The swatches on the Missha website are darker than they are in real life. So if you're NC 25 ish, Missha's 23 would be good for you during the winter, and their 27 (honey beige) should be ideal for summer.

on 12/3/2013 2:16:00 AM

I've been using this BB cream for over a month now and I must say, it's LOVE! I have No. 27 Honey Beige (from Yesstyle) that is a tad too dark for my skin if layered on, but blends beautifully with my Missha Signature Real Complete BB Cream in #23. I decided not to purchase shade #23 for the Perfect Cover because it was a little too white and ashy for me. Missha needs to make a shade in 25 for us girls that sit in between 23 and 27. If I prep my skin well (exfoliate, rosehip oil, moisturiser), this BB cream goes on like a dream and my dry patches only becomes noticeable by the end of the day. Also I have an extremely dry patch just below my nose which I just can't seem to get rid off some days even with exfoliating/moisturising etc, but with this BB cream it is not too noticeable (unlike my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum which is supposedly for dry skin).

I apply this using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it buffs it in nicely. One layer evens out my skin tone, and if I layer it another time it gives a good medium coverage. Before using this BB cream I hadn't worn foundation for almost 6-7 years. This has been the perfect re-introduction into make-up for my face!

on 3/13/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Completely forgot to review this, have been using this on and off for 2 years now. Only after I stopped using this, realized how amazing it is !!! My 2 current favorites are this BB cream and NARS luminous. I am NC 40 girl. Like most of the gals here, had to select my shade after watching countless videos and swatches online. I have this in both #27 Honey Beige and #31 Golden Beige. I can wear both without any problems. Anyone who is in the NC35 - NC40 color range can get away with using this in #27 shade. Anyone who is in the NC45 can try the shade # 31( has slight orange undertones). I have normal skin, with redness around the chin area and prone to breakouts. Consistency of this BB cream is thick and very pigmented IMO. Little goes a long way and it covers imperfections very nicely. It stays about 4/5 hours on me and towards the end of the day it blends in and feels like a moisturizer. I apply this with my fingers, brush not required. Has a rose like scent, which does not bother me at all. It has not oxidized on me..so that is another pro. I don't get the cakey feeling at the end of the day. I buy this on Amazon for under 15 bucks including shipping, which is pretty awesome! This product has not broken me out, luckily.