Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax
Naturally Bare Honey WaxNaturally Bare Honey Wax

1 review

Zea Mays (Corn) syrup, fructose, glucose, saccharide hydrolysate, sucrose, glycerin, water, chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, carica papaya (Papaya) fruit extract, honey, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) juice, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) peel oil, acetic acid, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

on 3/4/2011 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this waxing kit! It works very well in removing all the hairs and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft. It is important to read and use according to the instructions. I'm not sure howcome this product have so many bad reviews. I use it on my arms, underarms, legs, and bikini area. One thing to remember, that the instructions also say, is that use a small amount and spread it on the hairs. They should get flatted out with no extra smooth shiny layer of wax on top; if it's there, it means you have too much wax there and sweep some off with the spatula. Do keep in mind to wash your skin prior to waxing so that it can be oil-free, tht's how the wax can work more effectively. In my opinion,

The Pros:

-I used NADS before, which was also a great product, but twice the price of this. This was around eleven dollars at my Walgreens pharmacy whereas NADS was around 20 or 21.
-It can work at room temperature, but I prefer heating it just enough to make it less dense and easy to work with.
-A roll of transparent strips is provided, and they aren't stiff. I like to reuse some of the left over wax from the strip that I just used on one side as it helps save the roll; ofcourse reusing doesn't guarantee taking off all the hairs.
-All the hairs come off as long as the strip is rubbed well and the skin is held taught, the strip should be peeled off quickly, parallel to the skin, instead of ripping it away from the skin.
-It can be rinsed off wit water.
-Wooden spatulas provided, and a complete instructions manuel.
-My skin is sensitive to heat and the wax doesn't have to be too hot to use.
-It comes with a soothing after-wax gel which leaves the skin smooth.
-Results last up to 3-4 weeks.
-The wax has lasted me a little over 6 months since I bought it.

The Cons:

-The skin looks like it has goosebumps after being freshly waxed, this can last for about 30 mins to an hour.
-I haven't experienced this before, but I have a feeling that I might have to repurchase the pack to get more strips if I do run out of them.

In case anybody ever experienced minor pore-size blood after waxing, I had this happen, but maybe because my skin is not adapted to this kind of pressure from waxing although I've been waxing for about a year. Also, it isn't totally fragrance-free as they say, but there is a mild sugary smell, I don't mind it.

Popular Body Skincare Products