Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax
Naturally Bare Honey WaxNaturally Bare Honey Wax

3.0

Zea Mays (Corn) syrup, fructose, glucose, saccharide hydrolysate, sucrose, glycerin, water, chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, carica papaya (Papaya) fruit extract, honey, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) juice, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) peel oil, acetic acid, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

this product worked fairly decently once i got the hang of the plastic strips and the fact that you literally have to put the thinnest amount of wax possible for it to remove the hairs... but by the time i got the hang of it, i was out of strips. i hope they start to include a bigger roll of strips or something... i only got from the knee down waxed on ONE leg. i wouldn't mind buying this again because i like that it washes off with water (unlike the parissa wax i tried the other week that was SUPER messy) but i'd stop by sally beauty supply and buy extra strips or something....

on 3/29/2010 5:15:00 PM

After trying the Sally Hansen lavender wax kit (the lavender wax is VERY hard to clean up/remove) I tried this honey wax kit. LOVE IT! Clean up is a snap because the wax washes off with water - no scrubbing or peeling off required - and depending on where you use the wax, you can even jump in the shower to rinse off instead of your body parts being glued together until you're able to pry the wax off. I hope this honey wax kit is never discontinued! I forgot to mention - this honey wax doesn't have to be heated; you can use it straight out of the tub, which my previously heated-wax-burned-skin appreciates!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product did not work at all!! I used it on my brows and my upper lip and it didn't grab any hairs. Next time I'll buy the regular Sally Hansen wax strips.

on 6/21/2009 11:20:00 PM

I've used Nads before and I really liked the concept. WIth regular wax-at-home kits (not Nads-types) I always have tiny bumps of wax left that I have to painfully pry off. But the honey wax that this Sally Hansen product has, and Nads has, allows any residue to be simply & quickly washed off with soap and water. If it gets on your hands you wash 'em. If it gets on the floor or tub - no biggie, just a quick couple of swipes with a washcloth.

I also like the honey wax better because you don't run into issues with getting the wax soft enough to use, but not too hot that it burns. Honey waxing allows one to gently warm the product or use it at room temperature.

In terms of pain, I think this is less painful that typical wax, and less painful than epilators, like SilkEpil, too.

This product is half of Nads price, has cool transparent strips so you can see what you're doing. Works well once you get the hang of it.

I wanted to have more strips included in the kit though. I haven't gotten the knack of using a strip more than twice. Will repurchase.

I just tried this out, and while it worked decently on me, it also coated me in hives. Not a fan. If you can get it to work for you without the allergic reaction, it's decent. Overall, it's not worth the price or something i'd ever try again.

The first time I used this, I had no problems.. then I tried using it a little more, and it didn't pull up very much... I'd have to go over the spot over and over.. A little hard to spread, sometimes too much sometimes too little... sticky.. eh

Anyway this sat under my bathroom sink for a while...

I then used this again tuesday, It is thursday night... my skin is RED, bumpy, blotchy... it looks like the beginning of an acne breakout before the pimples get white heads... and it's been two days!! Mind you.. I don't have sensitive skin. Thanks Sally, I hate your nail polish, I hate your nail filers, now I will just never buy anything of yours EVERRRRRR

This works like a charm, and is just as good as getting a wax done at a salon. You can apply it hot or room temperature - you don't have to heat it up, but it's easier to spread if you do. It comes with a little bottle of aloe to apply after you wax. I took off 1 lippie because it left my skin very red and inflamed. It took about 2 hours for it to go away. Comes with wooden spatulas, and a clear roll of sheets to take the wax off, which is great so you can see the hair that's under it!

on 5/5/2008 1:42:00 PM

I am so incredibly impressed with this stuff! I used Nads for a long time, and then the roll-on Nair sugar wax that was discontinued. I got this to use for bikini waxing on myself. There is also a similar kit that is specifically for bikini waxing, but I couldn't tell if it was honey-based or not, and being able to easily rinse the wax off of this sensitive area was important to me! The bikini kit came with a mirror and scissors and was a little more expensive, too. Anyway, the kit I got was $10 at Walgreens and came with wax, some wooden smearing sticks, aloe gel for afterward, and these super cool clear cellophane strips that are corn-based. I let everything grow out for about two weeks, and then went to work. My first strip broke some hairs instead of pulling them out, but chalk that up to user error. The rest came out really well, and either I'm getting used to the chilling pain of ripping hundreds of hairs out, or this wax stuck much less to my skin than anything else I've ever used. The end result was really good. I'm sore, but not even a hint of the purple bruising that I've inflicted upon myself before, and only twice during the whole procedure did I have to rewax a tiny area that missed being ripped out when it should have been. The only thing I disliked was smearing the wax on--that was almost more painful than the ripping itself. I did not heat up the wax (heating is optional) but applied it directly from the pot, and it would tug pretty badly in tender places. Aside from that uncomfortable part, I would buy this again 100%.

Popular Body Skincare Products