Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax

Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax
Naturally Bare Honey WaxNaturally Bare Honey Wax

2.2

Zea Mays (Corn) syrup, fructose, glucose, saccharide hydrolysate, sucrose, glycerin, water, chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, carica papaya (Papaya) fruit extract, honey, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) juice, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) peel oil, acetic acid, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Didn't remove a single hair... I followed the instructions and tried both room temperature and warmed wax didn't change a thing. I even tried it on my face, since I figured the hair is more fine and easier to remove, but nothing the Veet strips for face worked better. :/ Waste of money. I have thick coarse black hair if that helps.

Avoid this product it doesn't do anything. At least it is easy to wash off.

on 1/23/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the worst product - it does not work *at all*. I do not have especially coarse or difficult hair to remove, and have had lots of success with other kits. This literally did not remove a *single* hair. I tried rubbing the strips between my hands, and when that didn't work, warmed it up with a blow dryer, which still did not work. Ridiculous, don't waste your money.

on 7/3/2010 12:44:00 AM

I thought maybe I was just unskilled in the art of waxing, but based on other reviews here, it simply doesn't work. I don't think a single hair came out.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This did not work at all. As a veteran self-waxer, I used to use the Sally Hansen "Brazilian Wax" but they must have changed their formula because suddenly hairs were not coming out like they used to, just breaking off or left behind. So I decided to find a new waxing product, one that wouldn't be difficult to use and would get the job done. That's when I came across this waste of money....and time!

This is NOT your classic sugar wax. Sally Hansen used to make a sugar wax that was pretty decent. I don't know what this is. All I know is that when I applied product and pulled the strip as directed, only a few hairs came out, the rest were left behind in a sticky mess. In short, the wax did not come off my skin. The only bonus is that it washes off easily with water. They use these weird clear plastic strips instead of the traditional cloth ones, and let me tell you, they suck. They don't do a good job of adhering to the wax at all. So I tried some cloth strips that I had, which worked a little better but still didn't get the hair.

I wish that Sally Hansen would go back to their traditional formula for the "Brazilian Wax", because that always used to work well for me. Save your money on this one ladies. The search for the perfect waxing kit continues...

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product did not work at all!! I used it on my brows and my upper lip and it didn't grab any hairs. Next time I'll buy the regular Sally Hansen wax strips.

on 9/13/2009 9:38:00 PM

I have very fine hairs so I figured I could use anything to remove my upper lip hair. No such luck. I tried my upper lip with multiple strips and nothing came off (it FELT like something came off, but my dark stache hairs were still there). I tried between my brows, and it only removed the blonde hairs, not the dark ones. I also tried the hairs above my bellybutton, again the blonde hairs were removed but not the darker ones. What a waste of a product. I did like that it was clear, however, and I could see my hairs embedded in the wax before yanking the strip off (to find that no hairs were removed - arg!).

Update: Few days later, I discover my upper lip has broken out in several small white pimples! Ahh!

on 6/18/2009 3:37:00 AM

I really want to love this product. I decided to start waxing my bikini line at home, and this was the first product that looked fairly simple for beginners. I thought I was doing everything correctly, but when I removed each strip NO HAIR came off. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

The first time I used this, I had no problems.. then I tried using it a little more, and it didn't pull up very much... I'd have to go over the spot over and over.. A little hard to spread, sometimes too much sometimes too little... sticky.. eh

Anyway this sat under my bathroom sink for a while...

I then used this again tuesday, It is thursday night... my skin is RED, bumpy, blotchy... it looks like the beginning of an acne breakout before the pimples get white heads... and it's been two days!! Mind you.. I don't have sensitive skin. Thanks Sally, I hate your nail polish, I hate your nail filers, now I will just never buy anything of yours EVERRRRRR

This product does not work at all! It couldn't even pull one hair off my leg... haha, it's sad... the other Sally product (Lavendar spa...) works a little better... Don't waste your money nor your hope. Poetic Wax works way way way better... but alot more $$$$$.

on 7/10/2008 5:01:00 PM

I'm sorry, i hated this stuff!! and how much i wanted to like it too .. The idea appeared so attractive ! Natural, honey ..The clear strips that came in the box were interesting, but they didn't discourage me either .I consider myself to be an expert in waxing ,so i just went ahead .. First of all it's very VERY messy to work with those strips (a lot messier then the usual mess of wax) your hands get are all sticky all the time (that's the only relation to honey,i found) and you can't wash them with water , need oil . It does not grab the hairs, but your skin in stead . I did 2 layers on my legs , there was still lots of hair left but i didn't dare do the third layer because my skin was flaming burning already .. So i got red bumpy ,AND hairy legs for days afterwards until they could recover enough for another wax treatment ...
/Sigh,back on the never ending quest to find the perfect waxing kit ..

Popular Body Skincare Products