Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax

Filtered by age: 25-29
Sally Hansen Naturally Bare Honey Wax
Naturally Bare Honey WaxNaturally Bare Honey Wax

2.5

Zea Mays (Corn) syrup, fructose, glucose, saccharide hydrolysate, sucrose, glycerin, water, chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) flower extract, carica papaya (Papaya) fruit extract, honey, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) juice, citrus medica limonum (Lemon) peel oil, acetic acid, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This did not work at all. As a veteran self-waxer, I used to use the Sally Hansen "Brazilian Wax" but they must have changed their formula because suddenly hairs were not coming out like they used to, just breaking off or left behind. So I decided to find a new waxing product, one that wouldn't be difficult to use and would get the job done. That's when I came across this waste of money....and time!

This is NOT your classic sugar wax. Sally Hansen used to make a sugar wax that was pretty decent. I don't know what this is. All I know is that when I applied product and pulled the strip as directed, only a few hairs came out, the rest were left behind in a sticky mess. In short, the wax did not come off my skin. The only bonus is that it washes off easily with water. They use these weird clear plastic strips instead of the traditional cloth ones, and let me tell you, they suck. They don't do a good job of adhering to the wax at all. So I tried some cloth strips that I had, which worked a little better but still didn't get the hair.

I wish that Sally Hansen would go back to their traditional formula for the "Brazilian Wax", because that always used to work well for me. Save your money on this one ladies. The search for the perfect waxing kit continues...

on 5/5/2008 1:42:00 PM

I am so incredibly impressed with this stuff! I used Nads for a long time, and then the roll-on Nair sugar wax that was discontinued. I got this to use for bikini waxing on myself. There is also a similar kit that is specifically for bikini waxing, but I couldn't tell if it was honey-based or not, and being able to easily rinse the wax off of this sensitive area was important to me! The bikini kit came with a mirror and scissors and was a little more expensive, too. Anyway, the kit I got was $10 at Walgreens and came with wax, some wooden smearing sticks, aloe gel for afterward, and these super cool clear cellophane strips that are corn-based. I let everything grow out for about two weeks, and then went to work. My first strip broke some hairs instead of pulling them out, but chalk that up to user error. The rest came out really well, and either I'm getting used to the chilling pain of ripping hundreds of hairs out, or this wax stuck much less to my skin than anything else I've ever used. The end result was really good. I'm sore, but not even a hint of the purple bruising that I've inflicted upon myself before, and only twice during the whole procedure did I have to rewax a tiny area that missed being ripped out when it should have been. The only thing I disliked was smearing the wax on--that was almost more painful than the ripping itself. I did not heat up the wax (heating is optional) but applied it directly from the pot, and it would tug pretty badly in tender places. Aside from that uncomfortable part, I would buy this again 100%.

Popular Body Skincare Products