OPI Heatcure Top Coat

No Image

2.5

on 6/7/2014 7:48:00 PM

I really wanted this to work, but it just doesn't.
I can't find a standard 75w bulb in my area, so I purchased two GE Reveal bulbs to try. 100w replacement using 73w, and a 75w replacement using 53w. Who knew it was so difficult to find your average run of the mill 75w bulb....
None of them worked in any amount of time. I even measured the distance from my nails to the bulb in case it was just very finicky. After three ruined manicures I tried it out on artificial tips, just so I could test out a million different methods but they all had the same result of not curing. It took at least a full day for each one no matter what I tried, including an LED lamp and a UV lamp.
It's a professional product and I *am* a professional, but I still couldn't get it to work and I got frustrated so I haven't gotten around to asking my rep about it. I'm still keeping my eye out for a standard 75w bulb, in hopes that exact wattage really will make a difference. I had the same results with the Soleil Heat Cure Top Coat so I can't help but think I'm missing something but I just don't know what it could be.

I bought this topcoat specifically to use over my CND polishes. They make such great colors but they. never. dry. I once painted my nails at 11a on a Sunday, went about my day, went to bed and when I got up the next morning I had sheet marks. Yes, sheet marks! Almost a full 24hs after applying the polish. Grr. I've tried the CND topcoat and SV and neither has worked to dry CND polishes. A lovely NBer emailed CND to see if there was anything else we might try. It was suggested she use heat sensitive topcoats. Bingo. So I found this at a Beauty One store and brought it home.

The package says it cures with a standard 75w bulb. For some odd reason I only have 100 or 60w in my house at the present time. The packaging says not to use with a lightbulb higher than 75w so my experiment was done with the 60w. I applied my basecoat, 2 coats of CND color then this OPI topcoat. I let it sit for a full minute, as the directions suggest, then held my hand directly under the lightbulb. It said to wait 3 minutes but I waited 4 because I was using a smaller wattage than suggested.

4 minutes later I touched one finger to test...and I smuged the polish. Well, that's that. I put a layer of SV over the top, painted the other hand with no Heatcure and went on with my day. A few hours later I noticed that the hand with no Heatcure was smudged and I had a few fingers with major tip smudges. The hand I tested with the Heatcure was perfect. Really? Is is possible I found something that will dry these stubborn CNDs?! It seems that way. Another few hours later and the only mark I have is the smudge I initially put on that one finger. The rest all seem perfect, even though I have been purposefully touching the nails and doing housework. So maybe if I try this again with a 75w bulb and sit still for a few minutes I'll find that this is the product I've been looking for. I have high hopes.

Since I've only used this once I will come back and update if my findings change but for now this seems to do what I wanted it to.