Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My mom is a Mary Kay consultant so of course I got this for free. I am reviewing this because of my personal opinion, not for my mother's benefit. I have always been afraid to try self tanners because of all of the horror stories I have heard but this being as easy to apply as a daily body lotion made me happy to try it. I have not experienced any streaking or patchiness and the "subtle color" allows this tan to look very natural and bronzed. I however don't believe I'd be wearing anything that shows my back especially since I have acne so I don't think being unable to reach that area to apply this product there would be an issue but just in case I am still on the search for a way to apply this on my back because I believe this to be the perfect natural tan.

There are both pros and cons to this product. I am a mary kay independent beauty consultant but I am being honest reviewing this product.
pros-
-the smell is not overwhelming it is like a coconut scent which I love and the smell lingers a bit but that is a good thing because this product smells good.
-it did not rub or peel off like some other tanners that I used although I did use a scrub in the shower before I used this to remove all of the dead skin.
-no streaking or orange color (apply a lotion to knee, elbows, and heels so that the color won't be darker in these areas)
cons-
-you have to apply it every day because it is a gradual tanner I would prefer a type of spray on tanner so that I do not have to apply every day because I always used a scrub before I put it on.
-you have to wait about 10-15 min. after applying to dress so that it wont stain clothes or streak.
-the packaging could be better
-if it were in some sort of spray for easier application and easier to apply to your back in those hard to reach areas.

I probably would buy this product again if I would be consistent and apply the product everyday.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Easy to apply with no streaking at all. Moisturizes skin nicely. Color is a little light so I use another self tanner to darken the color. Would buy again.

I saw it in the catalog when it first came out and had to try it. What I got? Dissapointment.... It didn't do anything for me at all!! I used it for about 2 weeks and there was no change in my skin tone whatsoever.

on 6/9/2008 12:41:00 AM

The only self tanner that doesn't make me itch or smell funny...I love the smell of this one and the color is perfect. Not orange on my fair skin and with extended use looks very nice natural golden. I have tried regular self tanners and the gradual kinds, but they all make me itchy and stinky.