Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion

Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion

3.9

on 5/17/2008 11:10:00 AM

My good friend started selling MK a little while ago and invited me to her kickoff party. While there, I decided to try a bunch of stuff (why not, eh? my friend makes money, I get more makeup...) and i went crazy. Including the purchase of the subtle self tanner. I am so happy I found this! I am super fair- my friends tell me I glow in the dark! And this product gave me a great glow that looked natural (most I try make me look orange and very fake). I got asked if I had spent time at the beach! It was great! I don't know how this works on darker skin, but I imagine that the color would be darker.

Oh, and buy 2. The first one will be gone in about 3 weeks if you use it daily for the first week.

on 6/9/2008 12:41:00 AM

The only self tanner that doesn't make me itch or smell funny...I love the smell of this one and the color is perfect. Not orange on my fair skin and with extended use looks very nice natural golden. I have tried regular self tanners and the gradual kinds, but they all make me itchy and stinky.

on 6/18/2008 12:20:00 PM

I like this. It is more moisturizing than a lot of self tanners and does not have the icky self tanner smell. I wish it would develop just a little darker and a little bit of shimmer in it would be nice. I have begun using a Loreal spray self tanner which I like and I love the ease of application of a spray, but all in all this is a good lotion type of self tanner and I would buy again.

on 7/15/2008 9:15:00 PM

Something in Jergens (the most popular gradual tanner) irritates my skin- I get bumpy and itchy... bleh. So when I saw this in the catalog, I had to try it. LOVE IT. It is VERY gradual, which is great because you don't get an obvious line where you left off and its pretty goof proof. On my super pale skin, it gave me a subtle believable tan. People noticed I looked less pasty, but thought I just spent a weekend outside! The smell is superb; kind of like a citrus but not at all "fermented". Highly recommend!

I saw it in the catalog when it first came out and had to try it. What I got? Dissapointment.... It didn't do anything for me at all!! I used it for about 2 weeks and there was no change in my skin tone whatsoever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Easy to apply with no streaking at all. Moisturizes skin nicely. Color is a little light so I use another self tanner to darken the color. Would buy again.

on 6/5/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

If you have never used a self tanning lotion, I would reccomend trying this one out. I have an olive skin tone, and was afraid of turning too orange, but after 4 days I noticed a nice bronze color. I had no streaking at all, and the lotion smells very good :)

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This lotion made my skin orange. After only 3 days, applying it once everyday. I don't know if it's because I'm asian or not, because when I tan in the sun (even with sunscreen, I tan very easily) my skin gets a bit more brown, not even close to orange, each time. I used this lotion on my legs and after only 3 days I saw a vibrant, fake, uneven orange. It was not subtle, because the first 2 days I applied it I didn't see any difference, so I decided to keep using it until I saw a difference. But for anyone else who likes that orange look, the lotion smells really good and it is moisturizing. So, if you're into that orange look, go for it.

There are both pros and cons to this product. I am a mary kay independent beauty consultant but I am being honest reviewing this product.
pros-
-the smell is not overwhelming it is like a coconut scent which I love and the smell lingers a bit but that is a good thing because this product smells good.
-it did not rub or peel off like some other tanners that I used although I did use a scrub in the shower before I used this to remove all of the dead skin.
-no streaking or orange color (apply a lotion to knee, elbows, and heels so that the color won't be darker in these areas)
cons-
-you have to apply it every day because it is a gradual tanner I would prefer a type of spray on tanner so that I do not have to apply every day because I always used a scrub before I put it on.
-you have to wait about 10-15 min. after applying to dress so that it wont stain clothes or streak.
-the packaging could be better
-if it were in some sort of spray for easier application and easier to apply to your back in those hard to reach areas.

I probably would buy this product again if I would be consistent and apply the product everyday.

I love this self tanner! I am pale, and everything I have tried in the past left me orange. After using for 3 days I have a very natural looking tan, and the best part is it doesn't smell awful like most self tanners! love it!