Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion

Mary Kay Subtle Tanning Lotion

3.8

on 6/5/2010 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

If you have never used a self tanning lotion, I would reccomend trying this one out. I have an olive skin tone, and was afraid of turning too orange, but after 4 days I noticed a nice bronze color. I had no streaking at all, and the lotion smells very good :)

I saw it in the catalog when it first came out and had to try it. What I got? Dissapointment.... It didn't do anything for me at all!! I used it for about 2 weeks and there was no change in my skin tone whatsoever.

on 7/15/2008 9:15:00 PM

Something in Jergens (the most popular gradual tanner) irritates my skin- I get bumpy and itchy... bleh. So when I saw this in the catalog, I had to try it. LOVE IT. It is VERY gradual, which is great because you don't get an obvious line where you left off and its pretty goof proof. On my super pale skin, it gave me a subtle believable tan. People noticed I looked less pasty, but thought I just spent a weekend outside! The smell is superb; kind of like a citrus but not at all "fermented". Highly recommend!

on 5/17/2008 11:10:00 AM

My good friend started selling MK a little while ago and invited me to her kickoff party. While there, I decided to try a bunch of stuff (why not, eh? my friend makes money, I get more makeup...) and i went crazy. Including the purchase of the subtle self tanner. I am so happy I found this! I am super fair- my friends tell me I glow in the dark! And this product gave me a great glow that looked natural (most I try make me look orange and very fake). I got asked if I had spent time at the beach! It was great! I don't know how this works on darker skin, but I imagine that the color would be darker.

Oh, and buy 2. The first one will be gone in about 3 weeks if you use it daily for the first week.