LORAC Starry Eyed Baked Trio - Starlet

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think they sell this brand in my country (Norway), and when my mother brought it to me from vegas I was all... "Meh, where's the M.A.C products you bought?" But after a couple of days I picked it up and swatched it on the back of my hand and was pleasantly surprised. The baked formula is very smooth and pigmented, and even if it's shimmery it's not chunky and gross like other shimmer eye shadows tend to be. It can be a bit fallout if you pick up too much on the brush, but if you tap if off and put it on nice and carefully you should be alright.

And the colors are amazing - the perfect smokey eye trio. The black is just the right amount of shimmery with a subtle brown/purple undertone, and the brown is just such a pretty chocolate brown with a purple highlight effect. The highlight color is my absolute favorite. It's definitely the color I have used the most, and if they sold this color separately I would buy it in an instant. It's a very shimmery light pink/champagne color that's just gorgeous for the inner corner or as a brow highlighter. It just instantly brightens up my eye, and stay put all trough the day. Since it's a baked formulation you could probably use this wet too (the black and brown as an eyeliner?), but I find it pigmented enough as it is. I have tons of eye shadow trios and palettes, but this is the one I reach for the most. The quality can even be compared to M.A.C after my experience. I don't know the price of this, but I assume it was fairly cheap compared to other brands with the same quality. If you want a standard, yet high quality eye shadow trio, then this is for you.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Amazing eye shadow that I would recommend to anyone! There really aren't any downsides to this product at all (maybe aside from the price; it is not the most budget-friendly item out there). It is very pigmented, long lasting, good texture and no fallout. The packaging is one of my favs. It comes in a thick, solid case that has good weight to it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

At first look these are just beautiful shades right off the bat. They are very pigmented so a tiny bit does so much. I love that these are very easy to blend and can be used day or night. These shades are perfectly matched and you can use two colors or all three which offers multiple looks to play with. The one thing I do not like is the hard plastic shell casing. It is very easy for it to break if you drop it. Altogether though this is so worth the purchase price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! This line continues to be one of the most underrated/unpopular line here on MUA, but its truly fantastic. I have never been disappointed with the quality of LORAC shadows and this is no exception. Starlet retails for $24 and is a mineralized trio of shadow in a square lucite type packaging. The colors are stunning. A light shimmery pale pink, shimmery medium violet and shimmery dark purple. All super pigmented with tons of shimmer. Excellent quality. Highly recommend this trio!