LORAC Starry Eyed Baked Trio - Starlet

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have had this Lorac shadow palette for quite a while and just started using it recently. The colors are quite lovely. The shadow blends beautifully. The shadows really accentuate brown eyes. I would definately recommend, esspecially if you are new to purple makeup.

I was super-excited to try this eye shadow as I've been looking for a nice set of purple eye shadows. This trio looks oh-so-dazzling in the pot, but I have to say that I was underwhelmed. I have tried applying the eye shadows in different ways and I keep coming to the same conclusion: there's something "off" about this set. It's hard to describe, but I felt like the medium and dark shadows were a little dull. I expected the shadows to make my eyes pop, but instead the eye shadows looked a little too dark/opaque and made for a slightly dirty and gloomy look due to purple shades and their undertones.

To be clear, this isn't a terrible set - just an average one. In fact, I'd like to keep it around and experiment with it from time to time (who hasn't bought something, only to re-discover it at a later date?). However, at $24 I think it's best returned to Sephora as I'm looking for something that has a small "wow" factor and is wearable for day and night. This set does have it's good points: I liked the darkest shade as an eyeliner and think it would work well with other eye shadow sets (I'd like to purchase it as a single shadow for this purpose); also, I love the idea of eye shadow trios since they take the guess work out of color coordinating (when done well).

LOOOOOOOOVE everything about this shadow from the texture, lasting power, gorgeous casing, and perfect coordinating colors that blend into a metallic dream. Even though I know Lorac is a quality Iine I never would have thought these shadow trios were as amazing as they are and soo wish I ahd tried them years ago. I also have the Evening star trio but Starlet is my favorite for such a gorgeous popping brown champagne combo for a day look or going out. I have yet to not get compliments when wearing this all nite. I never buy palettes or trios mainly because I have so many individual shadows/Mac pigments but love that this trio makes things super quick with the perfect combos. I seriously don't get why Mac Shadows are so hyped as honestly they don't even begin to compare to the quality, richness, and pigmentation of my Lorac and Nars shadows. Flawless, buy asap if you haven't tried these. Hope they are never discontinued! :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

WOW!!! I thought I loved Evening Star (see my review)- Starlet may be even more beautiful (if that is possible!). I'm just mad at myself I waited so long to get this product. I apply Starlet the exact way I use Evening Star. I put the lightest color from lid to eyebrows, then dip a thin brush (Laura Mercier smudge brush) in the darkest shadow (a beautiful plummy charcoal color that really brings the green out in my eyes) and line the upper lid extending a little bit out. For night, I add the medium shade to the crease. I think I may also try using the medium shade using an eyeshadow applicator all over the lid (not just lining it) and then using the lighest shade as a highlighter by the brow bone for an easy smoky eye. I will update when I try that makeup technique with this product. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeshadow and you will too!

These colours are so beautiful and so easy to blend. No creasing or fading on me when I use a primer and when I don't use a primer, every brand creases on me! I'm so in love with LORAC, I now want the other two versions.

Hate to be the party pooper here, but I was disappointed when the dreaded dark line showed up on my eyelids. The shades were great with my dark hair, hazel eyes and really pale warm-toned skin - pinky silver with two coordinated purples, but it just didn't hold up for me. Even on a cold day, by noon I had almost black lines in my creases, primer or not. Embarassing and high-maintenence when I have a busy day. Hopefully I can make these great shades work.

I think LORAC is a highly underrated high end brand. I think the quality of their products exceed their prices, even though LORAC isn't a very inexpensive brand. For example, this Starry Eyed Baked Trio is huge. It's a mineralized baked shadow trio in a dome shape and honestly, it's almost the size of one of MAC's mineralize blushes. Since I'm getting three shades out of it, I think $24 isn't that bad.

Also, the quality is superb. It's incredibly soft and buttery and highly pigmented. You only need a tiny swipe of your brush to get a great color payoff. It doens't have fallout like some mineralize shadows and it stays put on your eyes also.

As for the colors, they are gorgeous!! The lightest one is a light shimmery pink shade, I think it's comparable to MAC Naked Lunch. The other two are shades of shimmery lavender and deep purple. Combined, it makes for an amazing smokey eye look that's dramatic but not clownish.

I usually wear this trio as a dramtic smokey eye, I'm NC30 as a reference with brown eyes, but I think the colors are definitely wearable on a daily basis as a wash or paired with other shadows as well.

Highly Recommended!!

Awesome eye shadow. I wear this almost everyday! Great pigment. I wear mine with urban decay e/s primer. The color stays on all day. Goes on easy and smooth.

This gorgeous purple trio was everything I wanted LM Wild Violet quad to be- pigmented, shimmery, & long lasting. The colors are beautiful;They compliment ea other perfectly & really make my brown eyes pop. And like all Lorac e/s, they go on silky smooth, blend easily, & stay on 12+hrs.