LORAC Starry Eyed Baked Trio - Starlet

4.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really don't know why Lorac doesn't get more MUA love. These shadows are truly outstanding, as are every one of the (admittedly few) products I have tried.

I got amazing pigmentation from this trio, which yields rich, velvety color in just a stroke or two. The texture is insanely soft and smooth. I've never used shadows that blend so effortlessly. I'm not easily impressed, but this product really impressed me.

These particular colors are simply gorgeous. I'm too pale to pull off an evening eye using black and too warm to use gray, so purple is my go to color for a smoky look. And these colors are superb for that, although versatile enough to create a pretty, polished day look as well. These are pretty true plums, with no silver or gray cast to them. But they do have a deliciously smoky quality; no 1987 purple here.

I'm definitely going to be purchasing more of these little gems. They're a little high end for my pocketbook, but definitely worth the expenditure when I'm in the mood to treat myself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! This line continues to be one of the most underrated/unpopular line here on MUA, but its truly fantastic. I have never been disappointed with the quality of LORAC shadows and this is no exception. Starlet retails for $24 and is a mineralized trio of shadow in a square lucite type packaging. The colors are stunning. A light shimmery pale pink, shimmery medium violet and shimmery dark purple. All super pigmented with tons of shimmer. Excellent quality. Highly recommend this trio!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

AMAZING. I've been an eye shadow junkie for 25 years and own over 100 shadows, ranging from Wet 'n Wild to Dior limited editions. The blendability, pigmentation and depth of color of this brand is superior.

I am really picky about purples and shimmer is tricky on older skin. This palette handles those challenges beautifully. Not cheap, but you get a lot of the product and the quality is worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very nice eye-shadow trio. The quality of these eyeshadows simply cannot be overstated. In a word, they are awesome (yes, I am a child of the eighties). They are like butter! Very smooth, very pigmented, very easy to blend. I am an eyeshadow junkie, think I have tried too many brands to count, and these are hands-down the best I have ever experienced in terms of high pigmentation (color payoff), easiness to blend, and silky, smooth texture. They last a good 6 to 8 hours even without primer. I don't get any fall out at all.

In terms of these particular colors, this set consists of a light lavender-pinish-white highlighter that is beautiful and could be used for a variety of other looks--but obviously blends well with the other two colors. The darker purple is blue based that is quite similar in my opinion to my beloved French Violet MAC pigment. The medium color is a milky, medium toned slightly pinked purple that is again blue based. All of the colors have a slight grey or silver tone to them and they all have subtle, lovely shimmer. This trio makes a beautiful smokey lavender eye but can be toned down and used with a lighter hand work for 9 to 5.

I can't say this trio is my favorite shade of purple, but they blend together very well and make a complete look very easy. I hate buying a trio or quad and only being able to use some of the colors or having them all look the same. These complement each other very well.

I am definitely looking into buying more LORAC eyeshadows, and I wish there were more trios or palettes available, because the quality of these eyeshadows are simply sublime.

LOOOOOOOOVE everything about this shadow from the texture, lasting power, gorgeous casing, and perfect coordinating colors that blend into a metallic dream. Even though I know Lorac is a quality Iine I never would have thought these shadow trios were as amazing as they are and soo wish I ahd tried them years ago. I also have the Evening star trio but Starlet is my favorite for such a gorgeous popping brown champagne combo for a day look or going out. I have yet to not get compliments when wearing this all nite. I never buy palettes or trios mainly because I have so many individual shadows/Mac pigments but love that this trio makes things super quick with the perfect combos. I seriously don't get why Mac Shadows are so hyped as honestly they don't even begin to compare to the quality, richness, and pigmentation of my Lorac and Nars shadows. Flawless, buy asap if you haven't tried these. Hope they are never discontinued! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe how good these are! LORAC Starry Eyed Baked Trio in Starlet gives a smokey purple / dark plum look. The three shades look great together - did I mention they feel and blend like butter!!!

These are hands down the BEST eyeshadows I have EVER tried. The texture is unmatched, the pigmentation is unmatched, blending is a snap and the colors are beautiful. I could not believe how easy it was to work with. I typically use MAC, Urban Decay and MUFE but this is better than all of them. I hope they expand their color choices since MAC has been disappointing me lately.

I have waaaay too many purples hanging around and that is perhaps the most difficult shade for me to select. These are easy and I like that. The packaging is a little clunky for my taste but since the shades all go together it makes the packaging a little less important in my book.

I am planning to try all of the shades in the Starry Eyed Baked Trios. I would recommend this to anybody and everybody - especially if you have a hard time finding purple shades you like.

OH MY.. love it!! I have never tried Lorac eyeshadows.. but they are fab! Colors are pigmented and they last! These colors make my blue eyes pop! People kept telling me how good I look.. but they couldnt tell what was different! Run to get this!! I am going to try more!

This gorgeous purple trio was everything I wanted LM Wild Violet quad to be- pigmented, shimmery, & long lasting. The colors are beautiful;They compliment ea other perfectly & really make my brown eyes pop. And like all Lorac e/s, they go on silky smooth, blend easily, & stay on 12+hrs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think they sell this brand in my country (Norway), and when my mother brought it to me from vegas I was all... "Meh, where's the M.A.C products you bought?" But after a couple of days I picked it up and swatched it on the back of my hand and was pleasantly surprised. The baked formula is very smooth and pigmented, and even if it's shimmery it's not chunky and gross like other shimmer eye shadows tend to be. It can be a bit fallout if you pick up too much on the brush, but if you tap if off and put it on nice and carefully you should be alright.

And the colors are amazing - the perfect smokey eye trio. The black is just the right amount of shimmery with a subtle brown/purple undertone, and the brown is just such a pretty chocolate brown with a purple highlight effect. The highlight color is my absolute favorite. It's definitely the color I have used the most, and if they sold this color separately I would buy it in an instant. It's a very shimmery light pink/champagne color that's just gorgeous for the inner corner or as a brow highlighter. It just instantly brightens up my eye, and stay put all trough the day. Since it's a baked formulation you could probably use this wet too (the black and brown as an eyeliner?), but I find it pigmented enough as it is. I have tons of eye shadow trios and palettes, but this is the one I reach for the most. The quality can even be compared to M.A.C after my experience. I don't know the price of this, but I assume it was fairly cheap compared to other brands with the same quality. If you want a standard, yet high quality eye shadow trio, then this is for you.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

One of my favorite eyeshadow palettes. I don't know why I don't wear it more often. Last time I wore it, I received a lot of compliments. However, the compliments were from several middle-aged men. I swear I did not look like a prostitute though because I was wearing my Taekwondo dobok (martial arts uniform) and I wore the eyeshadow trio subtlety with the lighter purple color on the lids, a small amount of the dark purple in the outer corner, and the champagne color on my browbone.

Anyway, the pigmentation is great, the texture is fabulous, and its blend-ability is superb. Colors are beautiful for my light Asian skin and brown eyes. Perfect for creating a purple smokey eye. The colors work together, can work alone, and with colors from different palettes.

Price is reasonable for such high quality and 3 shadows. That's basically $8 per color, and there is A LOT of product. I feel like it would take me a very long time to go through the whole thing, even if I did use it daily.