OPI Dulce de Leche

OPI Dulce de Leche

4.2

on 10/18/2018 9:42:00 AM

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of OPI polishes. But I'm currently living abroad (SE Asia) and regular polishes at nail salons are hard to come by. They use mostly gel colours, which I don't like due to what it does to the quality of my nails. So lately, I'm having to get lots of manicures with OPI polishes. The latest one I've tried is Dulce de Leche, based on reviews I've read online.

The colour really is beautiful. A perfect, elegant, classy nude tone. Its also a great transition colour for fall, IMO. However, I found that it took AGES to cure. I'm not sure if this was due to the super low quality top coat that was used, or if it's the polish itself. I'm going to try it again at my next manicure with Seche Vite and update.

This color is so pretty, ladylike, demure, elegant, beautiful. This is great for when you just want your nails to be perfectly beautiful in any situation. It's foolproof. Opi is always good quality too, you can't go wrong with this one. I hope they don't discontinue this one!!!!!!

on 9/18/2016 7:58:00 PM

I almost never buy OPI (though I think it is the best quality polish) because I just can't justify $10 on a polish. But Ulta had a BOGO free and I couldn't resist. Picked up Dulce de Leche and pleased with it.

One coat is a little streaky, but two coats is completely opaque and smooth. Dries quickly and evenly without bubbles. Pigmentation is good, formula is good. Lasts well if using a base and top and caring for properly. The color is lovely. A neutral rose nude that could flatter practically all skin tones. No shimmer or sparkle. Nice finish and shine.

Bottom line: Pretty polish, great quality.

Love this color! I moved and couldn't find it but I found it last week and just polished my nails and I fell in love all over again! It's definitely a must-have nude color, not streaky at all and easy to apply.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

This is a ugly ugly color.On me i saw no pink at all just a mud brown color.I will never use this again much less buy anothet one.

This is my favorite nude colour nail polish. It's a brown-pink. You absolutely cannot go wrong with this colour. Goes on even in two coats, and doesnt go on with noticable brush streaks. Looks fantastic alone or with a shimmer/glitter top coat. I'm on my 3rd bottle of this.

on 9/6/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love it! I just recently bought it at Nordstrom Rack. I have several shades of nude and light pinks, but nothing really comparable to this shade. It is a pinky-light browny nude and looks great with my warm and light-medium skin. Very sophisticated and wearable in any situation. Staying power was about average for me. Tip wear, minor chipping after 3 days (with topcoat). OPI brushes are the best IMO and application was easy. Highly recommended!

on 5/9/2015 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Out of all the OPI nail polishes, Dulce de Leche is among my 5 all time favorite colors. This is the kind of color you can never go wrong with it. Very natural nude shade but not too nude or too dark. I would describe it as a warm pinky-brown. On some lighter skintones I have seen it look like more of a mauvey pink but on my NW35 (tan with yellow undertones) it's definitely a lovely pinky brown shade. What I love most about this shade is the pigmentation, all I need is 2 coats and it's a perfect opaque color and it doesn't get gloopy or streaky. Does a great job of evening itself out and it dries quite fast. I'm also in love with the finish, it's has a great glossy look to it, looks like I professionally had my nails done. The price of OPI polishes always is a bummer but I do believe the quality is great and I don't start to see any chips in the polish till about 5 days or so later. I would say if you're looking for a nice every day neutral shade this color is one to check out. work appropriate but also very classy looking. Great color and quality.

on 9/14/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A staple for my nail polish wardrobe. Pinky/rosy/Brown - subdued, attractive, goes with mostly everything and doesn't show chips super easily. Two coats is opaque, so it's a quick and easy manicure procedure. Good stuff!!!

I spent the past few days looking at swatches of various O.P.I colors to find a good neutral. I was looking for a pink beige color, one that was like a french manicure without the white tips. After looking at many swatches of this versus "tickle my france-y" and "coney island cotton candy," I decided on this one and on me this isn't pink but a pale caramel. At first I was pretty disappointed because I was hoping it would look more pink like it does on some of the swatches I've seen. I posted a photo. So after I changed my view of it as supposed to be a pink to being more of a brown, I liked it more, but I am still on the search for a pale creme beige pink which is what I wanted to begin with. Skin tone makes a big difference in how this looks.