Hanae Mori Haute Couture EDP

Hanae Mori Haute Couture EDP

3.0

Haute Couture is very different from HM's other offerings. There are no butterflies or magical moons in this one! Instead, Haute Couture is a chrysanthemum fragrance, but it wears very differently depending on its concentration.

The pink lady (EdT) is dry with a touch of green & spice; perfect for summer & long-lasting for the concentration. The blue lady (EdP) is sweet dried flowers with green; it's a 3-season fragrance. The red lady (parfum) is sweet dried flowers which dry to a syrupy muck; it's a mess on my skin, so I spray it in my hair instead.

I adore the EdT and picked up the other two concentrations based on my experience with the EdT. I much prefer the EdT over the EdP and parfum. Moreover, the price of the EdT is hard to beat -- under $20 for 50ml.

With the exception of rose, I find floral-dominant fragrances hard-to-wear and hard-to-like. Haute Couture EdT is an exception. It's unique, the price is right, and I love it! Definitely in my top 10.

on 7/31/2009 11:43:00 PM

It started out pretty, like a less intense and sweeter version of Samsara. Then, something went sour and I didn't like it as much. It's a spicy floral, mostly jasmine I think.

on 5/3/2008 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could give this a higher rating than 2... but, I really can't because this gave me a headache the very moment I sprayed it on my wrist. I don't know how to describe the notes on my skin... it is like I put an old powder mixed with strong musk and soap. Oh well, I really don't want to put the blame on this scent, perhaps lets just say my skin chemistry wasn't d'accord with it. I gave it to a friend and on her this smells surprisingly feminine and sexy! wow, I almost didn't believe it was the same perfume that smells awful on me. Good on her because she was happy I gave it to her thus i'm also happy :).

Popular Fragrances