Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer
Oil-Free Dual Action MoisturizerOil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

3.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, BHT

This product just breaks me out, i think that the clean n clear cleanser it comes with is good but this and the astringent arent. no matter how many times i try to give this a chance it always just fails me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this moisturizer! Helps with acne and isn't too drying! Smells okay but not great and applies smoothly too!

on 10/20/2016 12:06:00 AM

I like this product but I like the Clean & Clear Advantage (gray bottle) better. However, I have many times went to stores where they don't sell or are out of stock of the bottle I want and this is my next choice in line.

on 10/11/2016 1:26:00 AM

I have used this product for the last 15 years (atleast). I LOVE IT!! A bottle lasts me approximately 4 months. I use 2 pumps every morning, sometimes at bedtime too. It absorbs quickly and makeup application is a breeze. The scent is subtle. I cant say it smells great, but... it is ok. I have extremely acne prone skin, and this product has definitely helped. I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have tried other moisturizers, and keep coming back to this one. Also, good news... every few months the grocery store places out a coupon for it, so I always get a back up for approximately $4.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have seen so many good reviews on this product that I was so sure it would help with my skin, but sadly this was not the case for me. I have combination skin, with large pores and the occasional cluster of breakouts here and there. This moisturizer didn't feel quite moisturizing to me, and actually made my skin feel dryer than it already tends to feel. It also gave me flakes and gave my skin a sort of rough texture.
Onward with my search for a moisturizer that fits my skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG moisturizer! I have been using it for about 5 years now, and I don't see myself switching to any other moisturizers any time soon.

I use to suffer from acne when I was younger--it was mostly small bumps on my forehead and a couple of bigger breakouts here and there. I tried a lot of expensive products that would make my skin burn and feel dry. I didn't start using this product until my acne had slightly improved, but this was one of the main reasons why it eventually cleared up. My skin is basically completely clear now.

I find that using many other moisturizer makes me break out--not as much as before but enough so that I refuse to use any other moisturizer. When you put this on your face, it has a gently, tingly (like mint) sensation that feels really nice. It also makes my skin feel really soft and hydrated.

I have no complaints with this product. It does as it claims--fight acne while leaving your skin moisturized. It's super affordable, and lasts me more than half a year with everyday use. It also comes with a pump, which makes application less messy and very easy. I highly recommend!

on 6/12/2016 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have snobby tendencies. There, I said it.

For various reasons, I've resisted trying this. The brand and packaging design always seem, well... cheap. And geared towards teens. Possibly ineffective/gimmicky/harsh.

I was wrong. I can admit that.

This stuff is SOLID. It manages to do two things remarkably well - it moisturizes without being greasy and it fights acne without drying. Such a simple concept but remarkably difficult to find!

I'm in my mid 40s and am lucky enough - haha - to be fighting acne and wrinkles. Did I grow out of acne as I'd always hoped? No. Did my greaseball skin prevent crow's feet as I'd always been told? Again no. Instead I've begun struggling with oily yet dehydrated skin. Greasy flakey skin is not a good look, folks.

This stuff is immensely practical. It's cheap, it's available at grocery stores/drug stores/big box stores, it's got an effective locking pump dispenser that makes it convenient for travel and quick and easy to use. Sure, It smells like a chemically fragranced household cleanser and looks a bit cheap and juvenile. But ladies, this stuff WORKS.

My skin is softer and clearer. I'm not greasy or flakey. I'll need a heavier moisturizer in the winter but this rocks during the humid summer months.

It pays to listen to the reviews on MUA and to get over myself a little. Now I can splurge a little elsewhere.

First of all, I must say that I am not reviewing this as a product for the face. I only use this for upper body breakouts on my back and shoulders. I love the new packaging- it's very convenient and less messy in the pump. This has been a wonderful product to me for upper body breakouts. I'm not too crazy about the smell- but who cares if it works, right? Using this along with neutrogena body clear scrub- I haven't had a single body breakout for a year now!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Fantastic product. Cheap and inexpensive. Unfortunately I have very oily skin so it takes a while to soak in (it'll probably do better with combination skin) but it does a good job of helping prevent my breakouts without causing it to get oily and it leaves my skin very soft. Will be repurchasing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I used this in conjunction with the Blackhead Clearing Scrub by the same brand and had amazing results. When my scrub finished, I used a different cleanser and OMG, my skin became a terrible mess. However, I still really like this moisturiser a lot.

It does feel a bit stingy going on but nothing too major. Might irritate people with very sensitive skin but like I said, the stinginess was only for a few seconds and probably as a result of using a scrub before. Product wears very light and is oil free but isn't at all drying which makes it perfect as a base before wearing your primer.

When used with the Clean and Clear scrub, this really tamed my acne and put it right in control as well as oil and oil control. My skin was smooth and I hardly ever got any break-outs except during my period when the odd pimple would pop up. I used this as a daytime moisturizer as at night I prefer something a little more hydrating than this. I still had great results even with once daily use.

Retail price varies depending on store you buy from but ranges from £1.50 to £3 so product is definitely affordable. This moisturiser tends to last about 3 months with relative usage. Can be less, obviously depending on the individual.

I like this a lot and will repurchase but only used with other Clean and Clear products as my skin turned a mess when I coupled this with a cleanser from a different brand.