Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

Clean & Clear Oil-Free Dual Action Moisturizer

3.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth 10 Phosphate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthyl Lactate, Steareth 20, Steareth 2, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, BHT

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have seen so many good reviews on this product that I was so sure it would help with my skin, but sadly this was not the case for me. I have combination skin, with large pores and the occasional cluster of breakouts here and there. This moisturizer didn't feel quite moisturizing to me, and actually made my skin feel dryer than it already tends to feel. It also gave me flakes and gave my skin a sort of rough texture.
Onward with my search for a moisturizer that fits my skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG moisturizer! I have been using it for about 5 years now, and I don't see myself switching to any other moisturizers any time soon.

I use to suffer from acne when I was younger--it was mostly small bumps on my forehead and a couple of bigger breakouts here and there. I tried a lot of expensive products that would make my skin burn and feel dry. I didn't start using this product until my acne had slightly improved, but this was one of the main reasons why it eventually cleared up. My skin is basically completely clear now.

I find that using many other moisturizer makes me break out--not as much as before but enough so that I refuse to use any other moisturizer. When you put this on your face, it has a gently, tingly (like mint) sensation that feels really nice. It also makes my skin feel really soft and hydrated.

I have no complaints with this product. It does as it claims--fight acne while leaving your skin moisturized. It's super affordable, and lasts me more than half a year with everyday use. It also comes with a pump, which makes application less messy and very easy. I highly recommend!

To Read all 865 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/12/2016 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have snobby tendencies. There, I said it.

For various reasons, I've resisted trying this. The brand and packaging design always seem, well... cheap. And geared towards teens. Possibly ineffective/gimmicky/harsh.

I was wrong. I can admit that.

This stuff is SOLID. It manages to do two things remarkably well - it moisturizes without being greasy and it fights acne without drying. Such a simple concept but remarkably difficult to find!

I'm in my mid 40s and am lucky enough - haha - to be fighting acne and wrinkles. Did I grow out of acne as I'd always hoped? No. Did my greaseball skin prevent crow's feet as I'd always been told? Again no. Instead I've begun struggling with oily yet dehydrated skin. Greasy flakey skin is not a good look, folks.

This stuff is immensely practical. It's cheap, it's available at grocery stores/drug stores/big box stores, it's got an effective locking pump dispenser that makes it convenient for travel and quick and easy to use. Sure, It smells like a chemically fragranced household cleanser and looks a bit cheap and juvenile. But ladies, this stuff WORKS.

My skin is softer and clearer. I'm not greasy or flakey. I'll need a heavier moisturizer in the winter but this rocks during the humid summer months.

It pays to listen to the reviews on MUA and to get over myself a little. Now I can splurge a little elsewhere.

First of all, I must say that I am not reviewing this as a product for the face. I only use this for upper body breakouts on my back and shoulders. I love the new packaging- it's very convenient and less messy in the pump. This has been a wonderful product to me for upper body breakouts. I'm not too crazy about the smell- but who cares if it works, right? Using this along with neutrogena body clear scrub- I haven't had a single body breakout for a year now!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Fantastic product. Cheap and inexpensive. Unfortunately I have very oily skin so it takes a while to soak in (it'll probably do better with combination skin) but it does a good job of helping prevent my breakouts without causing it to get oily and it leaves my skin very soft. Will be repurchasing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I used this in conjunction with the Blackhead Clearing Scrub by the same brand and had amazing results. When my scrub finished, I used a different cleanser and OMG, my skin became a terrible mess. However, I still really like this moisturiser a lot.

It does feel a bit stingy going on but nothing too major. Might irritate people with very sensitive skin but like I said, the stinginess was only for a few seconds and probably as a result of using a scrub before. Product wears very light and is oil free but isn't at all drying which makes it perfect as a base before wearing your primer.

When used with the Clean and Clear scrub, this really tamed my acne and put it right in control as well as oil and oil control. My skin was smooth and I hardly ever got any break-outs except during my period when the odd pimple would pop up. I used this as a daytime moisturizer as at night I prefer something a little more hydrating than this. I still had great results even with once daily use.

Retail price varies depending on store you buy from but ranges from £1.50 to £3 so product is definitely affordable. This moisturiser tends to last about 3 months with relative usage. Can be less, obviously depending on the individual.

I like this a lot and will repurchase but only used with other Clean and Clear products as my skin turned a mess when I coupled this with a cleanser from a different brand.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really like this moisturizer. It gives some what of a cooling affect when applied. The smell through me off a little bit, it is hard to describe it, almost like outside. Its weird. I have only been using it for a few weeks, I will post an update as I continue to use it.

on 3/14/2016 12:02:00 PM

This has been a Godsend for my skin lately, which for some reason is going through a really stroppy, second-teenage stage (at the ripe old age of 37). I tried a number of other moisturisers supposedly designed for combination/oily skin before this one and of them all - from top end ones, to budget brands - this still comes out on top. And okay, it's not an all singing, all dancing moisturiser, jam-packed with organic or active 'natural' ingredients, but for the price and the results I've seen, I really don't care!

I was reluctant to try this for the longest time on the basis that I have stupidly sensitive skin and was worried about what this might do to it. But so fair my worries are completely unfounded. It moisturises and sinks into my skin really well and one bonus which I totally wasn't expecting - my skin is a lot less oily since using it. Before, I would get to lunchtime and have to use 3-4 blotting sheets to avoid looking like a greasy mess in the afternoon. But using this has caused such a dramatic reduction in the oiliness of my skin, I can often times skip over the blotting sheets altogether.

Since using this (and at this stage I'm talking just over a week) the angry patch of acne on my neck (hormonal - always the place I get it most) has pretty much disappeared along with three MASSIVE zits on my nose, chin and forehead. It's been a true revelation to me! I only wish it had been around when I was a teenager - it would have helped me to overcome a lot of self-concious, awkward moments caused by my unruly skin.

on 3/11/2016 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Look, I get it, this product isn't fancy, or full of any great antioxidants, etc., definitely not natural/organic, but it works and IT DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT. I have tried so many different oils and moisturizers, really stuck it out with some of them (looking at you CeraVe), and they have ALL broken me out. Very demoralizing. So I come back to this no frills product because it does the damn job without the drama. Sinks in beautifully, leaves me nice and hydrated. I love it and I always miss it when I don't use it. Heads up, don't buy the generic Target dupe for this, not the same, pills, leaves a greasy mess and doesn't sink in. I'm all about generics but only if they are as good as the real deal. Get the real deal, it's still cheap. Still gonna search for that ritzy moisturizer with star ingredients that makes me feel like Marlene Dietrich, but until then...

on 2/15/2016 3:13:00 PM

So a bit of background, I've had acne since I was 14 (I'm not 18) I'm VERY clog prone, hard to prevent breakouts, sensitive combination skin. I've actually been using this since I was 14, and my skin has been up and down. Seems to be one of the only producta towards acne that actually does anything and I do really love it. BUT oh my gosh, when you mix it with clean and clear persa gel 5, it's 100x more amazing. Since the peras gel (whatever that means) is benzyl peroxide it actually helps the salicylic acid in this, the BP is anti bacterial where SA I'd not, it really compliments eachother. I put less then a pea sized amount of BP on my finger, a pump and a half of this moisturizer, rub it together and pat on my face til dry. My breakouts have reduced so much like it's been preventing them and that's what I've needed. Hope this helps! I strongly suggest mixing the two