3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I echo PinkSoFoxy below.... why the hate? Is this truly a "bad" product, not living up to its claims or advertising (label)? Or were you just wanting something different? This is a lovely body milk perfect for humid climates, hot weather, or those who don't need heavy moisturizers. It's not unlike Neutrogena sessme body lotion - maybe a tad bit thinner - so if you're a fan of that, you might like John Masters. It's a lovely, naturally scented moisturizer. (Others have described the creamsicle scent very well so I won't duplicate that). Yes, it is heavy on the (natural) fragrance - but that's part of its appeal. If you're looking for a fragrance-free product or one that's light enough to not clash with your perfume, keep looking. This is not for you. Even though it appears as though the scent dissipates over time, hours later people are still commenting on how good I smell :-) so it's clearly still there. So yes, this can double as a fragrance. Because of the natural ingredients and essences (fragrance), this might trigger allergies in some. This does come in a couple of other scents too as well as an unscented body lotion (for those looking for that) - check out his website: https://johnmasters.com/collections/body-care/Body-Moisturizing Most people prefer a hand CREAM, not a milk, so this can't really be used for that unless you truly want a light moisturizer for your hands. John Masters does make a hand cream in three scents too. I'm not sure about HG but definite repurchase! ingredients Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera leaf juice) gel,* aqua (water), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil,* coco nucifera (coconut) oil,* glyceryl stearate, glycerin, lecithin, allantoin (comfrey-derived), panthenol (vitamin B5), tocopherol, cyamopsis tetragonolobus (guar) gum,* retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), xanthan gum, kelp extract, silybum marianum (milk thistle) extract, symphytum officinale (comfrey) leaf extract,* chamomilla recutica (chamomile) flower extract,* camellia sinensis (white tea) extract,* arnica montana (arnica) extract,* lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower/leaf/stem extract,* vanilla planifolia (vanilla) extract,* lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, citrus sinensis (blood orange) oil,* citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil,* bourbon vanilla planifolia (bourbon vanilla) oil*

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Fine

3.0

5 years ago

Update 2019: Found a great, less expensive dupe for this: EO EveryOne Apricot Vanilla lotion. Has that yummy creamsicle scent at a fraction of the price! --- Original: Beware of buying this higher end product on eBay. I spent half the $18 price tag for a 8oz "unused/sealed tester". On me, the fresh creamsicle scent mellowed into a warmer vanilla scent after a while, which was still nice. A few weeks later the formula turned a weird color, seperated and went rancid, which means the seller either gave a false exp. /manufacture date or they watered it down with some other goop then resealed it (which is, apparently, a thing some crooked sellers do on eBay). I sampled this at Whole Foods and it was much thicker and the scent was stronger. Lesson learned.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

7 years ago

I hesitated when buying this product as it is £18 in the UK. But I kept going back to wholefoods and sniffing it and sniffing it. As other reviewers have said, it's a very light body milk rather than a thick heavy cream, so it probably wouldn't suit those of you with very dry skin. It's a beautiful rich vanilla scent with a lovely bright orang bursting through. I adore the scent. I wear a lot of gourmande fragrances so it layers really well with these to create an nice impact. I find the smell lasts long enough and as I'm not too dry, I like the light milk.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

8 years ago

It's been well over a year since I've written a review on here but while browsing the John Masters reviews I was shocked to see this body milk had so many negative reviews that I just HAD to share my thoughts on behalf of this product. First of all if you are looking for a thick, heavy moisturizer this is NOT it. It doesn't claim to be, this is a body MILK... so let's review the product for what it actually is... This body milk is HG for me. I'm completely addicted, it moisturizes my skin quite well and absorbs quickly without leaving excess stickiness which I detest with heavier lotions. I live in Hawaii, so I get plenty of that sticky feeling with our humidity, I don't want to add to it. I wanted a light moisturizer that's natural and healthy for my skin that smells gorgeous... and that's exactly what I found with John Masters Blood Orange & Vanilla Body Milk. The scent is what grabbed my attention in the store, I picked up the tester and it instantly reminded me of an orange creme 50/50 bar, absolutely delicious! I had to have it! My husband loves the scent as well! I also love that John Masters is a cruelty free company and their products contain no animal ingredients. I will continue to repurchase for as long as they make this.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

8 years ago

I purchased a small sample of this (1 fl oz) just to try it since I love the body wash. I dont..like this...The texture is totally milky (as the name states), it almost feels like you're rubbing water on yourself and I'm totally sick of the smell after the 3rd use. It does moisturize and the smell totally lingers but I will not purchase a larger bottle.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

3.0

8 years ago

Lovely scent, stays on a long time like a perfume. I like vanilla scents though. It does not moisturize much sadly. Mostly a luxury for the smell. Does nothing for my skin, not silky, not moist, nothing.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2.0

8 years ago

I love the feel and lightness of this lotion, but I have problems with the smell. Blood Orange would have suited me perfectly, but I hate sickly-sweet scents like vanilla.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

I like the way it makes my skin smooth and silky but... i didn't like the smell. And i'm a sucker for vanilla scents so that was a surprise for me. To my taste, it's neither citrus neither vanilla which makes it a bit awkward.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Other

from

9 years ago

First a note: I really love the way some people are able to describe and understand the complexity of scents. These must be people with great noses and a penchant for perfuming. I appreciate it, but I don't have that ability. That said- the words I would use to describe the scent of this product are "awesome" or "hella nice". It just smells sweet but not fake- fruity-ish. And kinda vanilla. I should give up explaining, but I do think you should go to your nearest Whole Foods (where I find mine, I don't know where else carries this brand) and see if they have a tester so you can smell for yourself. I loooove the smell, it is the entire reason I bought it- I definitely think 18 bucks for lotion is excessively expensive. Especially this one, which, while awesome, doesn't do anything special moisturizing-wise. Just average, (though better than bath and body works, but most things are). Anyway, I'm so smitten with the smell I'd probably even repurchase it... I heart you, 18 dollar blood orange vanilla lotion!

About reviewer (568 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

9 years ago

This is a lovely body lotion, simple elegant smell of vanilla and orange, very moisturizing (but no so great in humid hot weather of the East Coast in summer so would prefer to use either in colder or dryer weather). Will buy it for fall/winter. Takes a bit longer than wanted to absorb too.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral