Derma E Firming DMAE Serum

Derma E Firming DMAE Serum
Firming DMAE Serum

4.6

Ingredients: Water (aqua), glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemon grass) extract, equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) seed extract, organic chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, panthenol, dimethyl mea (dmae), thioctic (alpha lipoic) acid, ascorbyl palmitate (C-ester), ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP copolymer (aristoflex), dimethicone, xanthan gum, ceteareth 20, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin and fragrant oils (essential oils).

I have only used this product three times but it's ideal for my formerly combination skin which is now more like normal skin with a bit of oil in the T-zone. I have been using the Paula's Choice treatment with Azeliac acid, which is hard to find and expensive, and the astalift night cream. Generally I don't buy expensive products because I don't believe their efficacy justifies the cost, but I found these products somewhat effective and since using them almost never have pimples around my period time, which I used to have with regularity. I bought this serum for only around AU$22 and I noticed an effect straight away. I am ethnic Chinese and despite growing up in Australia my skin has always been fairly smooth due to using sunscreen. However now I am an avid cyclist I am out in the sun for hours and hours and I am noticing more photo damage and wrinkles. I had been looking close up at my skin, but after using this, the morning after noticed a visible reduction in the lines around my eyes: so a potent plumping effect. It's also great because the texture is not greasy at all. I bought some vitamin C cream too, and some astaxanthin capules. When my astalift runs out I intend to pop the capsule and mix it with the cream as an alternative to over priced skin creams

on 2/4/2017 11:29:00 PM

I did this review saying I will not buy this again. It means I will be searching for something better but I view this product with mixed feelings. It does seems to plump up my skin well and makes it feel bouncy and supple. I have never tried any product that is so obvious in its effect. And with that, it may be firming my skin though it's not visible to The Eye. Lines are slightly minimised. I use this in the day.

I prefer not to layer too many products and there lies the problem. It is not moisturising enough. My skin looks dry and tight. It does not feel dry and tight but when I 'smile' there it is. lines and dryness are there to see. It probably will need and may work well with a moisturiser layered over it. I have not tried that.

If your skin is not that mature or drier on the surface, this is worth a try.

This line has only recently become available in Australia, so when Priceline had it on sale 3 months ago, I bought it. I'd read fantastic reviews on both MUA and IHerb, and really wanted a product with the three main ingredients.

I already have a serum I use at night, so what I wanted was something to use under sunscreen during the day. I have used this once a day for the past three months and seen no change to my skin.

It's a very moisturising thin lotion and when I think of serums, I think of something much lighter in consistency. My skin is combination, and I found it made my skin feel greasy. I only use one pump to cover my face, neck, decollete and the back of my hands. After washing and drying my face, I spray on a toner containing vitamin c and then apply the serum, allow that to absorb (which I find takes a while) and then apply sunscreen.

My skin looks no firmer. I still sometimes get a little red and blotchy, and I still have some melasma on my neck and forehead.

After having used this once a day for three months, I still have at least half a bottle left, so it's good value if it works for you. I am now using it as a moisturiser at night, instead of as a serum during the day. I won't repurchase, but I will reuse the conveniently opaque pump bottle for something else when it's empty.

The best I can say is that even though it made my skin feel greasy and look shiny, it never broke me out.

I continuously buy this product. I feel it does great things to my skin and it has many natural, good-for-you ingredients, so it's a must-by on my list.

on 6/22/2015 5:35:00 AM

HG moisturizer!! Thank you makeup alley reviewers for making me try this, I'm fully conversed now. This is by far the best thing I've ever used. It does help with fine lies, it doesn't make me break out, it makes my skin feel awesome. I use like two layers since one layer is not enough in this semi cold weather but when is warmer one is enough. I love the texture, the pump, everything about it. This is great stuff

on 6/5/2014 2:44:00 PM

Love this!! This is the best thing to buy if Dr Perricone's line out of your budget. Although I do not have sensitive skin, I have very break-out prone skin and this and Perricone's have not caused me breakouts, that alone is a miracle! Sinks in completely and lightly moisturizing. Perfect!

I'm not going to claim that I've noticed significant firming of my 43-year old, fairly (usually) well-kept skin since I started using this serum a few weeks ago as I've recently changed almost my entire skincare regime as my skin is misbehaving (spotty, dehydrated, generally a PITA)... But what I will say is that this serum has a lotion texture, has not given me any adverse reaction unlike other vitamin C serums I have used, smells a little strange at first but not in the least bit unpleasant and sinks into my skin immediately. I mix it with a cheaper, basic hylauronic serum for extra hydration and to avoid a slightly matte look. I then use my regular moisturiser and salicylic acid lotion over and the overall effect is great plus it all sinks in very nicely. This particular serum is mid-range in terms of price but I had to get mine from the US via Amazon which made it slightly expensive (20.00 UK pounds) although great value for the volume. I've been using this serum for around three months in total but stopped using it midway for several weeks as I thought it might be drying - it wasn't, my skin is just playing up. Once I went back to it I noticed my skin improved slightly, though to be honest this might not be down to this serum as it's such a slight difference. Still, it can't hurt to keep using it as my skin tolerates it well, it feels great and the price is good considering the amount. My skin is definitely brighter though. I have just started my 2nd bottle and I'm looking forward to targeting my neck in particular with it - no visible lines yet, just small traces of them trying to form and I want to keep it that way!

on 10/18/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been on a long hunt for a moisturizer that's mostly natural, fragrance-free, and win't break me out. I've had bad acne for over a decade and a half and am finally figuring out how to best control it after years of failed attempts with products that made me peel horribly, dried out my skin, and didn't make an appreciable difference in the acne. For me, the thought of a serum was compelling, but the skin plumping is just an added bonus to the fact that this doesn't break me out.

I've been using the serum for a month, and so far I've had absolutely no clogged pores and only a few pimples and one cyst (that's great for me!). The low level of ALA caused me to peel just a teensy bit on more sensitive areas (in between my eyebrows) for a few days, but I didn't need to discontinue use for my skin to adjust.

I haven't been using an additional moisturizer, and this has been adequate to prevent my face from producing excess oil. My face also appears to be maintaining hydration well, but the true test will be once the heat is running and the indoor humidity goes down to 13% at work (ouch).

If there was anything I would improve about the product, it would be the texture after application - it sinks in pretty quickly and doesn't leave much of a tacky surface, so it's not great as a primer.

Overall, I'm very glad I found this serum and I LOVE the price. I had almost written off Derma-E after using their acne products (they caused my skin to produce floods of oil), but I'm glad I kept going with the brand.

Oh, and is my,skin plumper? Maybe -- It's hard to tell.

I am just getting the smile lines, but don't have any fine lines yet, but I am definitely noticing a certain lack of "plumpness" in my skin since I've hit my 30's.

I have very acne prone, dehydrated (slightly) yet oily skin which is under control with Spironolactone. I have some old red scarring & good texture thanks to Mychelle. I used to use DermaE Hyaluronic Acid Serum as a light moisturizer for a couple of years & loved it. Never gave me a breakout or made me oilier. Than they added fragrance to it, and I was in love with it much less.

I have had very good experiences with DermaE products, I love it that they are affordable, many comes in opaque pump packaging, has clean ingredients & they work!

I was a bit concerned about a few of the ingredients on this serum, but was swayed by the great reviews, and am glad I tried it. I wanted a replacement for the HA Serum & my skin is getting a bit drier as I age and this one had the added "anti-aging" ingredients.

Happy to report that the texture is "cushy" yet light & absorbs clean, wears well under make-up, does not cause breakouts, pleasant scent, makes my skin very smooth & supple, love the pump & great price, I paid about $14 online.

I am careful about how much moisturizer I use because I am still oily, I only wear one pump for my face and it is plenty. The HA Serum used to last me 6 months & I wore 2 pumps at a time so this will last me even longer.

I haven't used it lone enough to notice the anti-aging effects, but the smoothing & moisturizing capabilities of this will make me continue to repurchase.

on 1/8/2013 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love natural products and am a religious follower of Dr. Perricone. Came across this as a great dupe for his moisturizer and I love it. I went on accutane many years ago so I do not break out, therefore cannot comment on that aspect of it. I am also on retin-a now, so the moisturizer tends to sting a bit. But that just gives me a nice, flush, glowy look. Highly recommend.