Lancome Le Crayon Kohl - Black Ebony

No Image

3.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favorite eyeliner pencil, there is just something about it that I can't find in other eyeliners. It is the only pencil I can use on my waterline without irritating the hell out of my eyes and eyelids (I've tried lots and lots of other pencils, every one of them makes my eyes watery and red), it is very soft and creamy- easy to apply and easy to smudge- after all this is the way this type of pencil is meant to be used. I find the color black ebony to be quite unique- it is not one of those blackest black shades but it isn't grayish either, looks absolutely stunning on hazel eyes- really plays up the green and the yellow. The main downside for me is the price, a pencil, even a good one shouldn't be THAT expensive. Of course, you get a good amount and it will last a long time, but still. Sadly I wasn't able to find a cheaper replacement- the color is always off, and my eyes disapprove.
Highly recommend for hazel or green eyes, anyone with sensitive eyes, anyone looking for a very smooth application and softer, yet not grayish, black.

on 5/22/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Im not sure how an eyeliner could be worse. This dragged and pulled my skin, barely any color payoff...I even tried the old drag trick of heating it with a lighter first, still not the best. I much prefer the Urban Decay pencil liners.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't think I could draw an even line with this to save my life. If I press lightly trying to make a narrow line it sometimes won't show up, so I press a bit harder and it's way too thick. (This is based on a few months of using it daily). I found the color to be intense, but I have very fair skin. The color fades when you smudge it. I don't use it on the waterline, which is probably its main purpose, so it's probably not something I'd buy (it was a free gift). Clinque Quickliner has so far been the "best behaved." I was hoping a pencil that could be sharpened would be better and more accurate, but this one wasn't.

I got this as a sample from a friend who works for Lancome and usually I don't like pencils that you have to sharpen but this one works very good and although I do have cheaper eyeliners that work just as well, I feel that this one stays on longer and is darker which I like because I'm not big on going to the bathroom to reapply during a night out.

Definitely will think about repurchasing but because of the pricing being at $25 a pencil, I will rethink and maybe look for something better like the MAC kohl for about $14 instead

on 11/19/2013 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner is average for me. When I use it in my upper lid, I usually top it with a liquid liner since it doesn't glide on very well. It somewhat tugs on my eyelid. However, this works well on my waterline. Overall, will not repurchase because it is too expensive and I think there are better ones out there for the lesser price.

on 6/11/2013 12:15:00 PM

This eyeliner was very disappointing! it smudges very easily around my eyes and does not last whatsoever! for the price I paid, I hoped this eyeliner would have been better then what it was! one of the worst eyeliners I have ever used. my cheaper eyeliner from the thrift store works better than this!

on 1/12/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm so surprised by all the reviews of this.... For me this eyeliner is the best eyeliner BY FAR. It glides on effortlessly and I get great staying power... it will last all day... or all night depending. If I'm going out for a marathon night I'll apply NYX shadow base before my eyemakeup, but I don't need that kind of wear daily. Overall my HG eyeliner... I have it in Lapis, and Coffee as well. They last forever so while it's a pricey eyeliner... no doubt in my mind it's well worth it!!

on 3/4/2012 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Goes on creamy but it smudges right off. I put this on my upper lash line and within one hour it's smudged in my crease. Awful.

disappointed! it smudges and transfers onto my lower lid area...giving me racoon eyes even when i set it with an eye shadow to prevent smudging! worst eye liner i have tried and it is not very black. it does not glide on smoothly, tugs my lids. i would give 0 lippy if the system would let...!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great eyeliner! It's a bit pricey, but definetly worth your $!
It is very creamy and goes on so smoothly. it's not the most pigmented eyeliner out there, but it gives u a smoky kind of black color that looks amazing.