Dove BABY soap for sensitive skin

Dove BABY soap for sensitive skin
BABY soap for sensitive skin

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this for myself and I had a love-hate relationship with the scent of this product.
Sometimes I thought it smelled good but more often than not I did not care for it.
There was something weird about it.
It is not your typical baby scented product it is very different.
It is also not tear free.
The bar soap states you can use it on a babies hair and their body.
Personally, I would not use this on my children.
I did use this fairly often on my face just because I was trying to use it up. It did an okay job at removing makeup but not the best. I always had quite a bit of mascara left on my eyes and if I used a toner there would be some makeup on my skin as well. It never caused blemishes or irritated my face though.
For use on the body, I did not find that it cleansed the best. It did not remove deodorant and it also was not as gentle for sensitive areas like the sensitive bar is.
In the end, I could not bring myself to use up the whole bar and threw it out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

If your skin is reacting and not behaving, use this. It will dry it down a little, so use a simple, clean moisterizer along with it (glaxal base cream), This will clean your skin, but you need to use it consistently, do not use something else along with it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This review is for Baby Dove in the original scent in the blue box. I use this to wash my face. Doesn't make me break out and is very moisturizing. I've been buying this for years and don't plan to stop. Just a perfect bar of soap. Love the new baby smell. I use this on my body as well when I can't be bothered to use shower gel.

Just don't get it in your eyes or up your nose because it will sting. Personally, I would not use this on a baby for that reason.

Here is how Dove markets this soap on the packaging:

- More Canadian paediatricians recommend Dove Baby than any other baby bar.
- Contains special non-soap cleansers that are gentle to use from head to toe.
- 1/4 "Moisturizing Cream" (<-- in BOLD. Uh huh.) has special moisturizers to help protect against dryness.
- Dove Baby has the same pH as pure water.

I first used Dove Baby on my face. Turns out it was a bad idea 'cause it ended up drying my skin and left me feeling kind of itchy.

Then I used it as a hand soap. It left my hands feeling dry to the point of causing tiny cracks. I do admit to washing my hands on a regular basis and hardly using a hand cream afterwards, but the bar soap that I normally use to wash my hands with does NOT give me cracks.

I purchased Dove Baby at Wal-mart for about $2 CAD. It comes in a 2-pack with each bar weighing at 100 grams. Overall, all the claims Dove makes about this soap are rubbish, and I will never buy this again. Not recommended for babies either.

Ingredients: SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, STEARIC ACID, COCONUT ACID, SODIUM TALLOWATE, SODIUM ISETHIONATE, AQUA, SODIUM STEARATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, SODIUM COCOATE OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ANIBA ROSAEODORA (ROSEWOOD) WOOD OIL, CEDRUS ATLANTICA (CEDARWOOD) BARK OIL, ROSE FLOWER OIL, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE, CI 77891.

on 2/23/2010 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This bar of Dove soap is no different than Dove Sensitive or Dove original unscented. It's all the same freaking bar of soap.