MAC Love Alert- Dazzleglass

MAC Love Alert- Dazzleglass

4.5

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Triisostearyl Citrate, Silica Silyate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Tin Oxide, Silica, Vanillin [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Camine, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a very pretty gloss that adds a nice touch of color and shimmer on its own, and can make a red lipstick really pop. It looks red in the tube but goes on as a dark raspberry pink. A bit longer-lasting than some other glosses, but that's because it's kind of thick and sticky. A little too sticky for my tastes. Too thick to layer over softer lipstick without mess, and sticky enough that it can't be removed with a simple napkin. You need makeup remover to get it off.

It's very pretty but because of the stickiness I don't find myself using it all that often. Probably won't miss it when I'm out of it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Some of my favorite lip gloss. It's bright and sparkly without being costumey, and moisturizes (instead of dries, like many glosses). It lasts longer than the average gloss before needing reapplication- it costs twice as much as drugstore gloss, but also lasts twice as long as most of them, so it evens out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this gloss, colour is a lovely and lasts a good while

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

As a lipgloss it's great - no need to explain! Nice color, a bit sticky, but therefore long-lasting.

But I was wondering how incredibly fast it was empty, although I don't use it that much. It's looks quite big, like it normally should be, but if you take off the little stick on the bottom of the lipgloss you'll see how little it is!

Yes, indeed, it's a very nice lipgloss, but for this price I will buy next time one or more similar glosses with the same nice quality, but double the quantity!
My L'oreal Glam shine is 6 ml, costs half of the price and does the exact same thing not less better than this Mac Dazzleglass!

I was quite disappointed after realizing that "TINY" little fact, after a week to two this gloss could be done completely if used regularly.

on 9/26/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

My sister put me on to this gloss. I would have ever thought I needed this but I do! So far I tried this over viva glam 1, dubonet, brave red and speak louder which is my favorite combo out of all. The gloss has the clear tined soft red glaze effect with soft sparkle and brings out any lipstick. Beautiful

on 9/9/2011 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Granted, Mac lip glosses are all very sticky, but I'm kind of used to it now, so I just take the stickiness as a given. Love Alert has great colour pay-off. It adds a beautiful rosy tint and cute glitter without leaving you looking childish. I use this by itself for just everyday, otherwise I'll use it over various lipsticks, like trimming talk, just to jazz them up. Theoretically, if I lost this I probably would replace, but if I ever get to the bottom of the tube I think I'd rather try one of the other 10000000 Lip glosses Mac has.

on 7/26/2011 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Love Alert is really something else! You can use it over a red lipstick to get some serious glamorous lips or you can wear it on its own to have slightly red and very shiny lips. The scent is pleasent and with the bristle applicator you can really get the into all the corners which is a big plus. The lasting power is superb and I have never seen it before...BUT...I think that's all due to the stickiness this dazzleglass has. Your lips get very sticky which is rather annoying for me and when I try to take it off buy just rubbing a napkin or something over it, it's still very hard to remove. If you don't use makeup remover you kind of peal your skin off of your lips. But in general this dazzleglass is fabulous and it is wise to just leave it as it is untill you are home and have some decent products to take it off!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the first Dazzleglass I've ever owned, and by far the shimmeriest make-up item, baring eyeshadows. Even with shadows, I usually prefer a matte finish, and matte or creme on lips and nails, so this is a big departure.

I wouldn't wear this on its own, but I LOVE it over lipstick, especially reds- I wear red l/s almost every day, and if I want to dress it up for nights, a coat of this has serious punch. I've worn it over Ruby Woo, and Illamasqua Encounter.

It's a bit sticky, like all MAC glass, but I find that helps with the longevity.

on 4/3/2011 8:24:00 AM

Love Alert is my second Dazzleglass. So far I'm really loving the dazzleglass lip glosses. Love Alert is a hot raspberry pink lip gloss with reddish and pink shimmer particles in it. The shimmer is not over-the-top though, it's just the right amount of shimmer. It looks scarily red in the tub but once applied it's actually a raspberry pink color. Very pretty color! The staying power is what you can expect from a lip gloss, so average staying power. I like the packaging. Comes in a sleek tube with a brush applicator. This is a wonderful summer color for me.
I would definitely repurchase. Love Alert is a lip gloss I highly recommend. continued >>

on 1/25/2011 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this is the first dazzle glass i tried from mac and i love it! the color is not too red so if you are worried about that don't worry, its a sheer red. it has just the right amount of sparkle and its a great lipglass for everyday and every occasion. i recommend wearing a more neutral eye and then a dramatic cheek and lipstick with this lip gloss. it's kind of sticky but not as sticky as others.