Kanebo Allie Comfortable Protector EX (Water Touch)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Kanebo Allie Comfortable Protector EX (Water Touch)

4.5

on 7/14/2008 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a new product from Kanebo, with spf 50+ pa+++. I bought this based on the verbal description from the merchant's web-site. It is "water touch" that caught my attention. I bought Roche-Posay spf 60, out of my Derm's advice, then I got a generous sampe of Shiseido's ultimate protection spf 55, they both made my skin felt "suffocating", like I placed a plastic wrap over the skin. Even with Neutrogena's Dry-touch, my skin can tolerate up to spf 30, if I go to spf 45, my skin will appeared rashy.
This "water touch" product truly is watery, with the colour & texture of skim-milk. No uncomfortable feeling, no reddness or rash post application, most important of all, doesn't sting my eyes. It feels like a mixture of silicone & water. A very slight whitish cast upon absorption which a little blush, bronzer or poweder fdn cannot fix.

This sunscreen has your typical Japanese runny liquid consistency. It is completely unscented. I apply a substantial coat on my skin allowing it to dry for 30 to 45 minutes. Compared to other Japanese sunscreens I have tried (Shiseido SPF 50 lotion and cream, Sofina UV lucent), this is more moisturizing and takes a while to dry. It doesn't dry matte on my very oily skin - my cheeks nose and chin still remain shiny after leaving it on for 45 minutes. I am not sure if this is because of the serums and creams I have underneath, or if it just doesn't dry matte at all. This is easily resolved by pressed powder, which I tap lightly on my face. I do feel that anything heavier may cake over this sunscreen. Again, unlike shiseido and sofina, this has no mattifying qualities on me - I need to touch up with my presses powder every few hours so that my face doesn't get shiny. What I do like about this product is that it has no irritating qualities whatsoever. My face does not sting, even at its most sensitive point, on contact. No breakouts as well. In fact, I feel that this has helped minimize the appearance of my pores more than shiseido and sofina. On the very first time I used this, my mother even commented that my skin looked refined. And it is for that reason that I will continue to buy this. It's not best for summer but may be ideal for cooler seasons.