Kanebo Allie Comfortable Protector EX (Water Touch)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Kanebo Allie Comfortable Protector EX (Water Touch)

1 review

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I think this is extremely similar to Shiseido SPF55 Lotion - perhaps a smidge more moisturising but not noticeably so. The consistency of Allie is runny - like milk. It spreads on quite nicely but you need to work quickly as it dries fast. You get a very matte finish. I have not noticed too much of a white cast but then again I'm pale to begin with, so darker skinned people should apply with caution. I love the high SPF and the practical plastic bottle with nozzle. The 25 ML bottle I got is small and would be just perfect for travel. (A larger size is available).

Verdict: For me, this is just a little too matte. I have Seborrheic Dermatitis. this means my t-zone is pretty oily but flakes as well. Allie (like Shiseido) doesn't seem to cause a flare up and there is no question that it is a great mattifier, but it is not very forgiving if I have a few flakies. It is fine on my more normal skin zones. I like it, but not sure if I would repurchase it as the Shiseido is pretty much exactly the same and is better value for money. All in all, Allie is great if you have oily or normal skin with no dryness/dermatitis issues.