Orly First Kiss

Orly First Kiss
ORLY FIRST KISS 3 coats

on 3/12/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just purchased this shade recently in the newer bottle (black cap). It was between this as Prelude to a Kiss but I got this one because in the store it looked a little 'cleaner' (Prelude looked a teensy bit dustier?). I wonder if the shade has varied over the years because other reviews mention it as a pale pink cream but mine is definitely a pale sheerish peach that works really nicely with my skintone. I applied 2 coats and maybe could have done 3 but 2 was fine. It's almost a jelly cream in that it almost looks squishy and I can still slightly see my nail BUT it's ok because I find the Orly formula is easy to apply smoothly and/or it levels itself out really well. They also seem to dry pretty fast. I top it with Beauty Secrets Nail Hardener and Out the Door. I just really love how fresh and clean it looks. For reference, mine looks like the swatch on PolishAholic's blog and not like the one posted here.

on 4/23/2008 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First Kiss was from Orly's Spring 2008 collection. It's a light pinky-white color. It's an exact dupe of OPI Passion, but it's more opaque so you can't get the same sheerness as OPI Passion with one coat. I prefer OPI Passion because I like being able to get a sheer first coat, but First Kiss is essentially an opaque version of the same color. It also dries less streaky than Passion when both are opaque, which took 4 coats of Passion (although both streak some when applying)