NYX Doll Eye - Water Proof

3.1

on 7/12/2016 10:02:00 PM

I'm currently on the hunt for a cruelty-free waterproof mascara, and so I really wanted to like this product. It lengthens and separates lashes extremely well, BUT it adds absolutely no volume at all. Additionally, the formula is very wet. Therefore, it weighs down your lashes, making it difficult/pretty much impossible to hold a curl. However, it is waterproof and doesn't flake, smudge or clump. Also, It has a small wand, so it's easy to apply it to your bottom lashes. Overall, it's a good mascara DEPENDING on what you're looking for.

Brief summary:

PROS
- Lengthens
- Separates
- Waterproof
- No flaking/smudging/clumping

CONS
- No volume
- Wet formula (doesn't hold curl)

on 3/2/2016 2:34:00 PM

The first thing I noticed when I opened up this mascara was that it has a Sharpie-like smell. I tried it out anyway and have been using it for about 2 months.

I think this mascara gives a pretty natural look, with length and definition but not volume. Definitely not "doll eye". It doesn't clump at all if I run the brush through my lashes slowly. However the formula is wet and straightens out my lashes and I have to use a curler after using it.

What I hate the most about this mascara is that it's almost impossible to get off! It's very waterproof and I've lost some lashes trying to remove it. Also wish it was volumizing because I have sparse lashes.

To Read all 63 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/27/2016 12:34:00 AM

I bought this mascara yesterday and opened it this morning only to find that it was already dried out! I literally pulled out a mascara wand (not too smoothly either) to find a huge clump on the end of it that stretched. What a disappointment!

I'm going back to the store tomorrow to return it. Although this review does not reflect usage of the product, if the mascara isn't usable in the first place, then it's garbage to me.

I love mascara so much. I have a favorite for my top lashes already (maybelline colossal cat eye) however, I love this mascara for my bottom lashes. The applicator makes it easy to apply without smudging on my under eye. It makes my eyelashes look long and separated. The waterproof is perfect because after a long day my mascara still looks great and I don't have any black shadows or smudges under my eyes.

on 12/18/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My absolute GO TO waterproof mascara...or regular day-to-day mascara to be honest! I was looking for a good waterproof mascara because it seems I would always find my mascara smeared under my eye throughout the day. I do have really long, natural eyelashes so maybe that's it but I have found that waterproof mascara doesn't smear so I use that everyday. Yeah I know, I know, not good for the lashes to wear waterproof everyday, but hey, can you blame me? A girl has GOT to have her mascara! Two thumbs up for this product and the pricing is superb! Can't live without this one! It's also really easy to scrub off at the end of the day as well.

I have average lashes. Average length, volume and curl. I always use my shu uemura eyelash curlers prior to applying my mascara.

This is the first NYX mascara I've ever tried and I hate it. The only good things I liked about this mascara was the sleek packaging of the tube and the wand, but everything else about this I hate. The formula is too wet and I could literally see my curled eyelashes unfurl before my eyes. It also takes forever to dry and it slightly smudges. I bought this mascara for $12 CAD and I wish I could return it (but I tossed the receipt... Argh!)
Please save your money and learn from my mistake.

My new fave mascara! Doesn't smudge, hardly flakes when wet, and doesn't smudge. I have a huge problem with mascara smudging under my eyes and this is my new holy grail product. Worth the ten bucks!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I only look for staying power as I usually end up looking like a racoon within a few hours. I use waterproof and have only used blinc for the last years as nothing else was worth using. I ha e very long lashes that curl naturally, so that is not a priority. This stuff is fantastic!!!! it lasted 13 hours without a flake, looked great, is cruelty free and cheap. And it gave me much fuller lashes than blinc. I will repurchase and repurchase. I cannot recommend it enough.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I tried this mascara, I was unhappy about it. It is too wet for my liking (I prefer dry formula mascaras since they tend to hold my curls longer) and when I apply it, it is too heavy on my lashes - it doesn't matter how I curl them. The moment I switched to a good mascara base, I began to appreciate this more. It doesn't clump with the mascara base I am using. I might repurchase because it is good value for my money (really cheap) but I kind of want to explore more of the expensive mascaras out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Terrible mascara. I've always heard good things about NYX, so when I saw this at Target, I decided to try it. It's waterproof, but the formula is so wet it completely takes down the curl in my eyelashes even though I JUST used an eyelash curler. I can't deal with that. As for what the mascara looks like on the eyelashes it's hard for me to tell if they're lengthened when they're pointing straight down, but it makes me lower eyelashes look thicker and longer. However, the brush is a bit fat and even if I'm being careful, I end up hitting the brush on my skin and making my eye area look a little messy. Too bad for the formula, because did could have been such a decent mascara.