Ecotools Powder Brush

Brushhhhh :]

on 9/21/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just recently got this in the newer design (bronze ferrule, brown bristles and labeled "Large Powder brush" on the packaging), and I am head over heels in love with it already. The reason why I feel comfortable reviewing it already is that it's essentially a larger version of their Blush brush from the same line. It's a heavenly soft, synthetic (vegan/cruelty free) brush in just the right size. I've been using the Real Techniques powder brush, and while I do like it, it's big - too big, if I'm being honest.

This powder brush is fairly wide, but it's pinched in similarly to the Blush brush which makes it much more versatile than the big and round RT one. It's slim enough to be used for both contouring and blush, if need be. The softness really is what I enjoy the most about it, though. It makes powder application more goof-proof than ever, since the soft bristles won't disturb the makeup underneath. It doesn't move the foundation around, it just helps the powder glide onto the skin. It doesn't pick up a huge amount of powder either, so you won't accidentally make yourself look like you just faceplanted into a bag of flour. I much prefer building up the amount of powder in the brush to having to work hard to tap excess off.

I cannot empathise enough how much of a gem this brush is. Especially for being such an affordable product. Obviously I haven't put it through loads of washes yet, but if this is anything like the other Ecotools brushes I own, it'll wash well and without shedding.

on 6/6/2016 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent basic and economic brush!

To Read all 267 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/11/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely, super soft brush that does an excellent job and feels wonderful to use. The quality is excellent for the price. I would definitely recommend this.

I have had this brush for a few years now, and I still love this brush as when I first got it! I bought this item at Walmart for about $8 CAD and the brush head size is about 5.5 cm (across and widest part of the brush) by 5 cm (tall). I just use this brush for my loose tinted and translucent powder to set my makeup as it's the perfect size for that. It's easy to clean as well as easy to use. I have found absolutely NO shedding in the 3 years that I have had this. When I bought this brush, I also liked how it came in reusable packaging. It came in a small pouch that I could use when travelling - how convenient!

on 8/25/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been a brush snob in the past and only preferred higher-end brands. However over the past year I've come to the conclusion - drugstore brands can compete with my beloved $$$$$ favorites.

Ecotools is often recommended for women looking for a quality brush on a budget. And to be honest, I've tried most of the line. There HAVE been some flops along the way. But this powder brush is pretty damn decent. It's "fluffy" enough for me to apply my setting powder. I need a "fluffy" brush because it gives a less cakey finish.

If you are looking for more coverage, go with Ecotools blush brush instead.... the blush brush is more densely packed (meaning less fluffy). You can use it to apply powder more intensely. I go for a lighter setting powder finish because my liquid foundation itself is very thick. Too much foundation + too much setting powder = cakeface.

I haven't really seen any bristle strands falling out, so that's good. It drove me nuts after one of my NARs powder brushes started shedding on me during every application.

I will repurchase.

This has quickly become my favourite face brush. I was dubious of the horizontally tapered shape of the brush itself, but I've found that the shape makes it an excellent multipurpose tool. I use it for mineral foundation and it gives a beautiful natural coverage that more dense powder brushes haven't given me. The slightly pointed end is amazing for sweeping blush up the cheekbones and blending everything together. I've used the highly lauded Real Techniques powder brush but I prefer the design of this one, the feel of the brush on my face and the results it gives me. Honestly the best powder brush I've ever used.

on 6/14/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am very torn in my review... I have been using this brush for maybe a little over 2 years now. I have the bronze design but it was when it first came out. It was great and had a lot of bristles and very fluffy. I recently tried to replace it because I noticed it's starting to feel a little scratchy but the replacement felt so flimsy, way too soft to pick up product, and not enough bristles. I'm really sad because I'm going to have to find another powder brush. I like Real Techniques one, but I prefer to have another main powder brush I like, or a couple but I haven't found anymore that I like (that are under $20 that is)

I've tried Elf's complexion brush but the handle became loose after a few months but I think it's a little better for the money/value. I think the "pinched" or "tapered" brushes are not best for someone like me who is wanted to pack powder on to get a nice coverage. If you're just lightly setting, then these are better I think.

After I got this out of the package, I knew this wasn't so great. I've used it now for a year, but feel like its a mediocre product for what I need. It's good for dusting powder, but for good for pressing the powder to the skin. Also, after a year the bristles have warped, to which none of my other Ecotools or high end brushes have done. I love Ecotools just not this brush.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My all time favorite powder brush! I've been consistently using it for about 4 years now. I love how soft it feels on my face. The bristles are thick so it picks up the perfect amount of powder and blends it in perfectly. I've washed it several times and it still holds up perfectly. I haven't noticed any shedding. For the price (in a pack of 4 brushes $5.00), it is a great brush. It is a great compact size so I also use it frequently while traveling.

on 1/3/2015 12:30:00 PM

I absolutely love this brush for powder foundation application. I occasionally use it to apply blush, but I much prefer to use it to apply loose powder to my face to set my makeup. This brush is fluffy and soft and easy to clean. Excellent quality.

Popular Makeup Brushes