Ecotools Powder Brush

Powder Brush

4.5

Brushhhhh :]

on 4/17/2017 5:54:00 PM

This is the softest brush I have ever felt or used...I have at least 20 powder/blush type brushes, from MAC, Bliss, IT, Real Techniques, ELF, to Bobbi Brown, this Ecotools powder brush blows them out of the water. I just picked it up at Walmart last week for about $9, and have been using it for bronzer, blush, loose powder foundations etc...I actually need to get a second one so i can have a clean one handy for powder foundations, it's that good..Definitely recommend.

on 4/16/2017 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this brush to apply bronzer and I love it for that. It's wonderful for powder too. It's soft and fluffy and distributes product very evenly. Super affordable abs great quality.

on 4/16/2017 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This brush is great for applying powder in small amount (e.g. loose powder, powder blushers) evenly and quickly.
I use this to apply blush just like the other review. I am no expert but I've tried applying blushers with different brushes and I'd say this one is perfect for blushes. It picks up powder blushers easily (with minimal fall out because it LITERALLY IS BIG ENOUGH TO CATCH THEM ALL) and it distributes the powder evenly on my cheeks. I'd just have to dab this brush into the product, both sides of the brush, and then gently swipe it on my face, once or twice depending on the pigmentation, and done. I don't have to blend or anything because the edges are already soft. For loose powder, this would get the job done, too, for the same reason.
However for powder foundation it probably is going to take a lot of time for you to get a good coverage as you'd only get your foundation at the end of the bristles and boy ain't that little for coverage. It may be my method of applying or it was supposed to be like that, but a sponge always does a better job in applying powder foundation anyway. Great brush!

on 3/31/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a very nice BLUSH brush. I have the Real Techniques blush brush, and I prefer this one. It's not as soft as the Real Technique's, but that actually works for it as its much easier to pick up cheaper blusher color with it, since those tend to be on the drier side.

I like the size of it as well: its big enough to blend blusher almost instantly, but not so big blush goes all over your face. Its not too dense or too sparse, which is great for blush.

I bet this would work fine as a powder brush, put I think it's not soft enough for that, and you cannot buff with it, or apply powder underneath the eyes. Also, the bristles got a lot harder after washing it for the first time. Perhaps...I need to condition them? Haven't tried that.

on 12/29/2016 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This brush is incredible. I've owned a lot of brushes, some high end, most not high end. This one is the softest, by far. This may sound strange, but it's truly a pleasure to feel and use on the skin because of how gentle it is. Most brands would charge upwards of $10 (at least) for a brush of this size/caliber, but this retails for under $10 and I got mine for around $5 on Amazon. It's very sturdy and well constructed, plus Eco Tools uses recycled materials which is a huge bonus. It's very fluffy and large, so it's perfect for setting my face or bronzer. It deposits allllllll the product on your face. No powder gets caught in the hairs of this brush whatsoever, it always looks as if it's been freshly washed. I feel like I'm really getting my money's worth out of products when I use this brush, because no product is wasted. And even though it deposits all the product, it still applies my makeup in a beautifully soft, diffused manner. It's probably my most reached for brush because it's so dependable and high quality. I love it.

on 12/29/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this brush! I normally buy natural hair brushes however this is amazing. Soft,thick and no fallout. Very natural finish and works great with my studio fix powder for a flawless natural finish. I wish they made one in a slightly smaller size that I could use as a blush brush. Can't beat the pricepoint!

on 9/21/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I just recently got this in the newer design (bronze ferrule, brown bristles and labeled "Large Powder brush" on the packaging), and I am head over heels in love with it already. The reason why I feel comfortable reviewing it already is that it's essentially a larger version of their Blush brush from the same line. It's a heavenly soft, synthetic (vegan/cruelty free) brush in just the right size. I've been using the Real Techniques powder brush, and while I do like it, it's big - too big, if I'm being honest.

This powder brush is fairly wide, but it's pinched in similarly to the Blush brush which makes it much more versatile than the big and round RT one. It's slim enough to be used for both contouring and blush, if need be. The softness really is what I enjoy the most about it, though. It makes powder application more goof-proof than ever, since the soft bristles won't disturb the makeup underneath. It doesn't move the foundation around, it just helps the powder glide onto the skin. It doesn't pick up a huge amount of powder either, so you won't accidentally make yourself look like you just faceplanted into a bag of flour. I much prefer building up the amount of powder in the brush to having to work hard to tap excess off.

I cannot empathise enough how much of a gem this brush is. Especially for being such an affordable product. Obviously I haven't put it through loads of washes yet, but if this is anything like the other Ecotools brushes I own, it'll wash well and without shedding.

on 6/6/2016 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent basic and economic brush!

on 4/11/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely, super soft brush that does an excellent job and feels wonderful to use. The quality is excellent for the price. I would definitely recommend this.

I have had this brush for a few years now, and I still love this brush as when I first got it! I bought this item at Walmart for about $8 CAD and the brush head size is about 5.5 cm (across and widest part of the brush) by 5 cm (tall). I just use this brush for my loose tinted and translucent powder to set my makeup as it's the perfect size for that. It's easy to clean as well as easy to use. I have found absolutely NO shedding in the 3 years that I have had this. When I bought this brush, I also liked how it came in reusable packaging. It came in a small pouch that I could use when travelling - how convenient!

Popular Makeup Brushes