Al'chemy - Macadamia & Wheat Protein Treatment Conditioner

Al'chemy - Macadamia & Wheat Protein Treatment Conditioner

2.2

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate,Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lecithin, Potassium Sorbate, Glyceryl Laurate, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Fusanus Spicatus (Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil (Cedarwood), Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamom) Seed Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't love this conditioner. It's fine but doesn't really feel like my hair is any healthier or silkier thanks to this product

on 10/5/2015 8:22:00 AM

Have bought this 3 times now. Really enjoy it - the fact it's not like an oil slick that you get with regular generic conditioners. Makes my hair really soft and detangles without being greasy. It's not super intensive, but it's a really great conditioner after every shampoo (which is its intended purpose). The scent is great, sort of smokey and nutty.....although it doesn't hang around.

Update 2016:
I now use their "unfragranced" version of this conditioner. As a quick comparison, I think they are quite similar in performance, however, the unfragranced is a bit more 'softening'. Although both conditioners share roughly the same formula, the unfragranced one leaves out the wheat protein (boo) but does include vitamin B5 (yay), which is likely to explain why that type feels softer.

But I'm quite surprised at all these negative reviews - you have to know WHY you are using a product for it to work for you!!!

For me, I don't dye my hair, or use heat on it, take long drying showers, etc etc. So this product is ideal for me, because it works as a gentle conditioner that doesn't cause buildup or weigh down my fine hair. This isn't suited to hair that gets exposed to lots of damage from heat/excess washing/colouring/UV damage because it's simply NOT that kind of formula. It doesn't contain a bunch of silicones or UV filters, and it's not a hugely rich formula, it's mainly based on plant oils and glycerin.

So I guess what I am trying to point out is that a product can only be "good" for you in the sense of what it can realistically DO on the basis of the ingredients, and if it FITS with your lifestyle. The other reviewers seem a bit unsure why they are buying this product and also unclear on what it can realistically do - "detanging", "treatment", "leave in" etc. Not all conditioners are made the same and not all of them have the same purpose!

Ingredients for the Macadamia + Wheat conditioner:

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/5/2012 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I don't think it's a treatment conditioner. It doesn't have that creamy consistency that helps to detangle my hair. I leave it in for 3 - 5 minutes to activate the product but it still doesn't do the job. And it smells really weird as well so all in all was a big disappointment

on 7/17/2008 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This conditioner was a let down. I just don't think it allows for adequate detangling. I use heaps each time but I still don't think it conditions. The shampoo was fantastic though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have very thick, long, dry hair and I found that while this worked quite well at first, after a few uses it seemed to build up on my hair and in the end made it lank and greasy. Too rich for me.