Laura Geller New York Spackle primer/corrector in Bronze

No Image

3.1

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 2/18/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite beauty product, HANDS DOWN!! I paid $25.00 for it, but it comes in a large bottle so it lasts forever...I tend to have dry skin (AND getting up there in age) so the light creamy texture does wonders for my skin! Any kind of foundation I use tend to look cakey, but this just smooths out the appearance of my skin, but looks very natural. It almost adds a glow I guess you could say to my face- I get compliments all the time about how great my skin looks when I wear this! I just apply the primer, a little loose poweder, and I'm good to go!

on 11/11/2011 1:24:00 AM

I used to use the reg version of spackle in the past. I have normal / dry skin and found it to be somewhat moisturizing. It worked well for me, but purchasing it was always a pita as no stores carried it. I have always wanted to try the bronze version.

Well I was @ Ulta the other day just browsing as I was bored, and low-and-behold behind me were LG products. I was surprised to see a few shelves dedicated to LG as I though since she was out of Sephora, she was basically out of all brick and mortar stores.

Needless to say when I had seen the bronze spackle I knew I had to try it, rather buy it. My first impression was "wow" the bottle is huge. It carries 2 oz, comes in a pump bottle which is good for hygenic purposes. The cost was $20. Not bad at all!

To begin, I am NC30 w/ normal/ dry skin. I have redness around my nose and cheeks for the most part. I always loved a tinted primer as it helps to even out my skintone. I pumped out about 1 1/2 pumps of this spackle onto my fingertips and applied it all over my face like I would a moisturizer. At first I tried a reg foundation brush, but I felt that it absorb my spackle, as I really couldn't feel it on my skin. Fingers work best for this primer. It felt good on my face, almost cool sensation, and it evened out my skintone slightly ( no orange color) while giving me a subtle glow. Heaven knows I need to glow as I am getting older, my skin looks duller :(

It didn't feel tacky, but moist...it did dry down after a few minutes. This is fine for me as I prime my face, then do my eye makeup, then my fndtn. My fndtn glides on my face, blends easily, and works well with this spackle. I don't have huge pores, so can't really comment on this reducing pore size, but for me this foundation really works well. It does help my fndtn wear longer, even out skintone, gives me a subtle glow, adds a tad more moisture.

Just from the texture of this primer, I honestly don't think it would be all that beneficial for oily skinned ppl, as there are no mattifying ingredients. I would recommend it to ppl w/ the same skin type as me. I am happy with this primer, and will repurchase as long as it's easily available. I do alternate between this and my MAC P&P :)

I recieved a sample of this before buying the big pump. It looked dark, scary, orangey brown....but smoothed out lightly gives off the healthiest glow. This is what I wear when I go without makeup. It makes the skin feel so hydrated and smooth. Love all of the spackles!

on 6/28/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Overall I think this is a very good primer. It is not heavy or sticky feeling, dries quickly and gentle on the skin. The bronze tint is very pretty and subtle and does not make you look orange. Definitely makes your make up last all day and there is a slight bronzey or glowy look to your skin. Pump is easy to dispense and you only need a very small amount. Love this primer really makes a difference in the way your make up looks! I bought this from QVC on auto delivery and sure glad I did!

on 1/17/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My Makeup Forever HD (117) foundation looks fabulous over this stuff! The bronze spackle looks dark and orangey when you squirt it onto your hand, but it ends up lending just the right glow to your face. Still working on a generous sample, but I will purchase a full size soon; as a result, I can't comment on the packaging.

on 1/8/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Looks darker in the bottle, but when you apply it's a nice light, golden color. Nice for summer.

I have a tiny tube of this from a try-me kit and I'll definitely buy the full size from QVC come summertime. I love the regular spackle and this version has the added benefit of a touch of colour for no-makeup days ( so I don't look so dead!). I find that my foundation does not stay colour-true or last the day without a primer and Laura's primer are among the very best for me. Highly recommended, HG status!

on 3/20/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very mixed emotions about this primer. I like that it is pretty light and the little bit of tone it adds to my face. I use this on days when I either I don't have time to put on a full layer of liquid foundation or I just don't want to because I know I'm going to be outside when its hot or just somewhere casual where a full face of makeup would be too much. As an actual primer though, this product is not the best. It doesn't really make my foundation last any longer or look better. Also I don't like that it leaves a sort of sticky feeling when you're applying it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a brightener-primer with color, so good if you get ghosted out by Champagne Spackle or if you need a touch of color. I wear Fair or Light Balance n Brighten and I notice in winter, I look very washed out, so I try to use this as the primer to add some warmth. It doesn't add a ton of color, just a hint, if any. I like Spackle, find it's my favorite primer by far, and I think this would work if other colors make you ashy.

on 6/26/2012 9:20:00 AM

So far, I really like this product. I received it as a sample, and it is a very generous 2 oz. sample product. I have used it for a week or so now and I do like it. It looks a lot more shimmery in the bottle, I don't notice the shimmer on my face. It just smooths out my complexion and adds a subtle glow.

I think I would definitely repurchase!