Laura Geller New York Spackle primer/corrector in Bronze

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

2.8

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 6/26/2012 9:20:00 AM

So far, I really like this product. I received it as a sample, and it is a very generous 2 oz. sample product. I have used it for a week or so now and I do like it. It looks a lot more shimmery in the bottle, I don't notice the shimmer on my face. It just smooths out my complexion and adds a subtle glow.

I think I would definitely repurchase!

on 8/28/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First off i am very oily and i am still on the search for a primer that makes my makeup stay put for the day. This was not good for me at all. I really felt as if this was making my makeup slide off even faster. It goes on nicely and feels good on your face but does not help!

on 7/12/2011 10:04:00 PM

my face is a bit lighter than my neck and body right now, so this is great to even out my skintone and give me a hint of bronziness underneath my foundation. It's great as a primer, never broke me out or made me feel greasy.

on 6/25/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This review is for the tinted spackle, I have nc40 skin so I liked how it toned done the whiteness of my sunscreen but I have sensitive skin annd this stung bad.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Nothing to say, it didnt do anything for me. Looks like its bronzey shimmery in the container but i saw nothing on my skin.

on 1/17/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

My Makeup Forever HD (117) foundation looks fabulous over this stuff! The bronze spackle looks dark and orangey when you squirt it onto your hand, but it ends up lending just the right glow to your face. Still working on a generous sample, but I will purchase a full size soon; as a result, I can't comment on the packaging.

on 1/10/2010 4:52:00 PM

This primer actually burned like fire when I applied it. I had small, raised, red bumps all over my cheeks and chin for a week. MISERY! I've used Urban Decay, Makeup forever, smashbox etc and never had a reaction like this.

on 1/8/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Looks darker in the bottle, but when you apply it's a nice light, golden color. Nice for summer.

on 11/25/2008 1:27:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'm one of the minority that loves Laura Geller's original Spackle, so when I saw the Bronze version being advertised, I bought it right away. I think I may like this one even more. I've been wearing heavy duty [physical] sunscreens and experience a slight whitening effect to my normally MAC NC 30/35 medium skintone, so the touch of bronze in this primer helps boost the color back. It's extremely natural-looking, not orange-y or too dark or opaque and sometimes I wear this by itself. As w/ the original version, I think this works for me b/c of my normal-combo skin (drier now that it's winter) and the fact that I wear powder foundation and not a liquid or cream. If you read the negative reviews of Spackle, you'll find many people don't like it b/c it leaves them w/ a shiny, greasy look to their skin. So, if you have drier skin or wear powder foundation like me, maybe this is the one to try out. Also, you gotta love that airtight pump bottle that pushes the product up from the bottom. Even when I've gotten to the last bit and unscrewed the top, I've only been able to get 1, maybe 2 more uses out of what's left, so I'd say the packaging is very well-designed. I only to use 1 1/2 to 2 pumps-worth at a time, one pump being roughly the size of a hazelnut?

UPDATE 4/26/09: I've downgraded the original overall rating to a 3, the packaging to a 3 and marked it a "no" for repurchasing as I've discovered enough drawbacks as I've gotten to the last bits of the product. For some reason, the Bronze Spackle has a traditional pump that sucks the product up from the bottom, as opposed to the Original Spackle which has a "push-pop" mechanism that pushes everything up from the bottom. What does this mean when combined w/ the texture of the product? It means that there's still 2-3 weeks worth of product left of product that I'm having increasing difficulty getting out of the bottle. W/ something like lotion or conditioner, you can just flip the thing upside-down and all of it settles so you can get it, but b/c this is thicker, some of it is at the opening and some of it is still stuck around the bottom of the pump. Frustrating. Also, the texture is slightly different from the Original version (Looser? Runnier? Wetter? I can't decide the right adjective...) and feels slightly tackier on the skin and takes longer to dry enough for me to put my foundation on top (if I don't wait for it to dry, it makes my foundation look cakey and heavy, an interesting feat since I only use a light dusting of powder foundation 95% of the time). So, I'll just stick w/ the original stuff, which has never let me down.