Laura Geller New York Spackle primer/corrector in Bronze

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.3

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract (Ginkgo Biloba), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 3/20/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have very mixed emotions about this primer. I like that it is pretty light and the little bit of tone it adds to my face. I use this on days when I either I don't have time to put on a full layer of liquid foundation or I just don't want to because I know I'm going to be outside when its hot or just somewhere casual where a full face of makeup would be too much. As an actual primer though, this product is not the best. It doesn't really make my foundation last any longer or look better. Also I don't like that it leaves a sort of sticky feeling when you're applying it.

on 3/4/2013 10:54:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. But Laura Geller, your products leave too much shimmer. I have a bronzer/blush that leaves a lot of shimmer on my face.
This is meant to be a primer. It leaves a very light shimmer across my face, when you put on foundation, you hardly notice it. But you will notice it on your hands and on your clothes and makeup if you are like me- I use my hands for applying concealer and foundation. I don't feel that it really smoothes out my face or "primes" meaning that it doesn't feel smooth like that silicone feeling. It is very light, so you hardly know that its on your face and absorbs into my skin well.

on 5/12/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received a sample in one of my Birchboxes and I was really excited to give it a whirl. First off, the shimmer in this product is insane! I have oily skin (especially around my T-zone) and I only apply primer to my T-zone where my pores are more evident. I feel like this makes my skin look super oily and my pores stand out like mad! I have also found that my makeup doesn't last as long as normal when I use it (and I use Estee Lauder Double Wear!)

Bottom line: Avoid.

I received a sample size of this in a birchbox and I've been using it for about a month now. I was afraid it would make me look orange becasue I'm very fair (nc20) but it doesn't at all. It adds a warmth to my complexion without being too bronzy or orange or changing the color of my foundation. This primer is very lightweight and doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all. I've experienced no breakouts from this either and I'm acne prone. It doesn't make my foundation last any longer than other primers I've tried though. Overall I really like the warmth it adds, especially when my skin is sallow in the winter from not being out in the sun. I would most likely repurchase this if I can find it in stores. It's a tad pricey but I don't mind investing in my face products if they work well.

on 10/19/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I received the mini $10 version of this in my October birchbox. I'm NC45 and this is a tad (and I do mean a tad) darker than my skin tone but it's so slight that I barely noticed it.

This isn't a bronzer for me but this is definitely evens out my skin tone, gives my face a more natural look, gives a great glow, gives a smooth finish, and enhances the golden tones. I either use this under my foundation, by it's self, or with my foundation in the center of my face and this around the other parts to enhance my golden tones.

This is actually a tiny bit better than the Laura Mercier's Foundation primer (And way better than the oil free primer by Laura Mercier which does nothing for oil control) but I only wear cream foundation and I still have to blot by noon (3-4 hrs) if I wore no powder. But even then I noticed itwas as musch as compared to the two above primers mentioned. With powder (Laura Mercier) I didn't start to shine until about 6 hours of wear.

You won't see anything if you're in the house, I saw a bit of the glitter in an open window, but you really have to go outside in the daylight to see the glitter (so skip if you want a matte finish). I don't have sensitive skin and I didn't have any reaction to the product and the consistently isn't creamy but thin and easily glides on.

It's easy to take off, can give more coverage to foundation, long lasting, and lightweight. I'm wearing ti right now and I don't feel a thing on my face and I've been wearing it for several hours.

on 2/24/2011 2:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am very unsure about this primer. I wish it were a bit more creamy/thicker. It's a little runny for my liking. It does help my foundation glide on effortlessly and helps t to blend so easily. I do not think it help with blemishes or wrinkles or such. It is good for those with okay skin looking for a primer to help with application of foundation for a flawless finish. I did notice that this primer needs to dry before you apply anything else. My skin is olive and I do not think this has any true color benifits to it. It does not improve color or tone, it just helps to create an even texture of the skin. I do not think I would repurchase because I crave a thicker consistancy. The name is very misleading, it is not spackle like at all. It is runny like a loose hair gel and feels cold on the skin.For the price 24.00 I'm sure there is betrr out there, I've heard the origional untinted spackle is great!

on 6/27/2009 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I saw this product on QVC and instantly wanted to try it. I have darker skin (NC45) and wanted a primer that I could use as a tint on those days I don't feel like putting on much makeup. I also wanted an alternative to Smashbox photo finish light because I thought it was breaking me out. I got mine at Sephora and compared to other primers, this is a good deal. Smashbox, etc. is expensive for only .5-1 oz. This product was a fraction of the cost and you get 2 ounces! One pump covers the whole face and it definitely smooths out my skin. I don't know how it would look on fair skin tones but apparently it just blends in. This product does have some shimmer to it which is great during the summer time for that bronzey glow, but I don't know about in the winter. I use mineral makeup and it just goes on flawlessly after using this primer. I think next time I will try the regular spackle just to see if it is any different.

on 4/19/2009 11:19:00 AM

I really thought this product would be great for me since I have really light skin, but it makes my face look WAY too dark! The primer aspect isn't that bad, not as good as Smashbox Photo Finish but it's a good product for the price. Would not repurchase this product but would purchase the regular Spackle.