OPI Dating a Royal

OPI Dating a Royal
OPI - Dating A RoyalOPI - Dating A Royal

4.1

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Dating a Royal is a pretty, somewhat muted royal blue cream. The formula is nice, as most OPI creams are, and the brush is good too. I don't think this is a terribly unique color, but if you love blues or the OPI formula, then it is worth having in your stash.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have a new love for dark shades of nsilpolish. this is a beautigul dark royal blue with a shiny finish (no topcoat necessary). It did tale my three coats.. first coat was very sheer!

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

A nice creme medium blue. Very summery, would suit both fair and darker complexions.
A good thing: doesn't stain the nail.
---------
Looks very beautiful paired with white, yellow or red clothing !
3 Coats and a top coat are a must with this nail polish !
-----

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Been trying out blue polishes recently, and I stumbled upon this to feed my blue fetish. I expected it to be a rich navy blue, but it is a disappointment. Royal blue should be a brighter and deeper blue than this. Instead, it is dull and weird looking blue. The formula is goopy and hard to dry even with my trusted Sally Hansen insta-dri topcoat... I did dutifully waited for 5 minutes between each coat, and it just didn't dry properly! But to it's credits, it works well with a glittery topcoat... just not on it's own...

on 7/15/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought it because the shade royal blue should be a rich bright saturated colour, full of life and not a bit leaning towards indigo or teal. Well, the OPI version of royal blue is not faithful at all to this description. It's much darker than I expected and rather muted, in the shade it definetely looks indigo/teal, so not really what I hoped for. But ot's OPI so I appreciate the quality. I like the brush, the polish dries off very quickly and although the first coat might look nightmarish, the second will be flawless. Nice polish but not my cup of tea.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is a jelly, and because of that, it has a good deal of depth and character. It develops into a rich, medium, royal blue that leans very slightly to the indigo side. Also typical of a jelly, it's got a gorgeous, almost vinyl-shiny finish.

The first coat is streaky; this is the case with every jelly I've ever used, and this polish is no exception. As the first coat dries, it does even out and self-level a bit, and the colour gets a bit darker. The second coat will finish it up, even it out, and give opacity or near enough to it. If you're super fussy about having absolute opacity, you might want a third coat, but I like it at two.

I would definitely buy this again. In fact, I already have, since I grabbed a backup bottle to keep handy just in case. I honestly wouldn't want to be without this particular polish.

on 3/3/2013 9:29:00 PM

I know it's stupid to have ONE favourite nail polish colour, but this colour is definitely.. well at least.. my favourite blue so far. It's just looks so flattering on me.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I put on the first coat, I did a "Oh my, this is not what I like..." it was a streaky hot mess. but I put on a second coat, and the color began to even out. It really surprised me. I would say do 3 coats to be safe, but I use thick coats, and wait for them to dry in between, and 2 was actually enough for me.

The blue is gorgeous. I absolutely love it.

on 3/19/2013 6:27:00 AM

I'm an OPI fan through and through, but this colour has disappointed me. My initial reaction when I wore it was "I feel like a smurf". The consistency of the polish is very watery and overall I was not a fan of how it applied. For all the hype online, I really wish I could like it. Waste of $20.

on 5/20/2013 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Unlike some of the other reviews, I hadvabsolutely no trouble with the formula of this polish. It was a beauty to apply, opaque in 1-2 coats. Lovely color, lovely polish for the cooler months. Recommended!!

Popular Polishes