Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out

4.2

One coat black nail polish is a rarity so this polish is a gem. Good brush that covers the nail evenly. Gets a 3 for packaging because it broke open on my bed once and ruined my duvet and duvet cover.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've yet to find my perfect black creme polish but this one is pretty good. It's not quite a one-coater but two does the trick and it dries fairly fast. The formula is on the watery side but easy to work with. Decent wear time as well.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/8/2015 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm not a big nail polish kind of girl, but I had to give a review on this gem! I find myself always coming back to this one. It's my go-to. It's basically a rich, smooth black color (hence the name). You only need to apply two coats of it at most. The 'Hard As Nails' line is pretty nice in general. Another bonus is the price, it is affordable.

on 5/19/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favorite black polish! It's a one coater for me, no streaks, no pooling, bald patches or bubbling! It lasts about four days on me. But I don't wear a top coat, and I work with my hands. I'm on my third bottle. Love love love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Definitely not my favorite black polish. It's VERY cheap, so good when you're in a pinch and need some black polish, but I find it doesn't apply very evenly and that it doesn't stay very well (even with a top and base coat).

on 11/5/2013 12:34:00 AM

This is my favorite black polish right now. I love the look of a black mani, but I feel like so many "black" nail polishes are not black enough and are more of a really dark grey. Maybe I'm just too picky, but this polish is exactly what I was looking for! Super dark, rich, glossy black. I never go without a top coat, but I actually considered it when I used this because it was so shiny on its own. In two coats this was totally opaque and not at all splotchy or streaky. I have a few Xtreme Wear polishes so I'm used to the super-long brush, but if you haven't used this line it will take some getting used to. You really need to scrape off all sides of the brush handle as you pull it out of the bottle, otherwise you'll end up with big drips on your nails/fingers. I find that some Xtreme Wear polishes have a very strong paint smell, but I didn't notice it so much with this one.
The only reason this isn't getting 5 lippies from me is because I find the wear time isn't so great. I've used this with a regular top coat and a matte top coat (this looks awesome matte, btw), and I usually get chips after about 2 days. Average wear time for me with other polishes is generally about 5 days, so the wear is a little disappointing for me. But I love the way it looks and the price can't be beat, so I will keep repurchasing this color! I've even gifted this polish a few times I love it so much!

on 7/20/2013 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have been playing with glitter nail polishes lately, and what I have really liked is applying glitter on top of this Sally Hansen black polish. It is outstanding!

It applies nicely, and is opaque on my smaller nails in one coat. I usually apply 2 coats anyway. It does.not.chip. I mean, I keep my nails pretty short and use a topcoat anyway, but still! I've worn it for a week with no chipping, although I usually get bored and change polish before seven days are up.

Most importantly, there is no staining of the nails! Factor in the low price, and this polish is a heck of a good value. Even if you don't wear plain black nail polish, there are lots of uses for it (may I recommend a little glitter on top? It's addictive).

on 6/3/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is probably the best black nail polish that I've encountered. It's not too runny, but it does need a top coat to really shine. I typically have to apply two coats, but it's worth it for the good color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my absolute favorite black nail polish I have ever tried, I love how sally hansen xtreme polishes are so opaque/highly pigmented.

I only have to apply 1 coat of this color which is great for when i'm in a hurry. LOVE

on 7/17/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's a super good price, And a good product too! I bought it for one of my halloween costumes one year and i've been buying it every sense then.

Popular Polishes