Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Black Out

on 9/29/2017 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this shade at the same time as Sun Kissed, I thought an orange and black combo (in addition to pumpkins) could be cute since October is coming up. This color is not as streaky as Sun Kissed but it does not apply even. It does look a bit better with a clear top coat. I used the Sally Hansen no chip top coat and when I looked at my nails after doing laundry there were huge chips…. I don’t wash clothes by hand lol so I have no idea why just putting clothes in the machine would make my nails chip. So neither product is doing their job. Total waste of money.

on 8/11/2017 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This nail polish is a hit or miss for me, but let me explain!

This is a blue based black nail polish, it's really affortable and you can find it in every Walmart or drugstore.
The main problem I have with this nail polish is that there's a lot of inconsistency; One bottle can be amazing and goes on smoothly and another one can be extremely goopy and shear. It's a hit or miss.

If you get a good bottle of Black Out the nail polish will goes on smoothly, with no brush strokes visible and will need 2 coats to get fully opaque. Each coat take atleast a min or two to dry which isn't that bad.

But if you are unlucky and get a bad one the nail polish will be extremely goopy like if someone opened the bottle and didn't closed it correctly. The application will be a complete nightmare and it will take forever to dry!

If you are looking for an affortable black nail polish that only take one coat to be extremely beautiful I highly recomend Black to Black also by Sally Hansen but in the Insta-Dri range. It costs a little bit more money since the one I bought was 3.97$, and all nail polish in the Xtreme Wear range are 1.37$ where I live. But the extra money spend is really worth it!

Over all Black Out is a hit or miss, I bought three of them but only one of them was good.
Maybe I was unlucky, but I prefer to warn you about the inconsistency I had.

I love Sally Hansen nail polish, but this one is sadly a pass and I won't buy it again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've yet to find my perfect black creme polish but this one is pretty good. It's not quite a one-coater but two does the trick and it dries fairly fast. The formula is on the watery side but easy to work with. Decent wear time as well.

on 7/8/2015 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm not a big nail polish kind of girl, but I had to give a review on this gem! I find myself always coming back to this one. It's my go-to. It's basically a rich, smooth black color (hence the name). You only need to apply two coats of it at most. The 'Hard As Nails' line is pretty nice in general. Another bonus is the price, it is affordable.

One coat black nail polish is a rarity so this polish is a gem. Good brush that covers the nail evenly. Gets a 3 for packaging because it broke open on my bed once and ruined my duvet and duvet cover.

on 12/22/2016 3:27:00 PM

Has been my go to for a long time, but only because Im super lazy. Gets super thick and clumpy immediately. Uneven and difficult to apply neatly, but if you manage it, its one coat for opacity. Very difficult to use.

on 7/20/2013 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have been playing with glitter nail polishes lately, and what I have really liked is applying glitter on top of this Sally Hansen black polish. It is outstanding!

It applies nicely, and is opaque on my smaller nails in one coat. I usually apply 2 coats anyway. It does.not.chip. I mean, I keep my nails pretty short and use a topcoat anyway, but still! I've worn it for a week with no chipping, although I usually get bored and change polish before seven days are up.

Most importantly, there is no staining of the nails! Factor in the low price, and this polish is a heck of a good value. Even if you don't wear plain black nail polish, there are lots of uses for it (may I recommend a little glitter on top? It's addictive).

on 11/5/2013 12:34:00 AM

This is my favorite black polish right now. I love the look of a black mani, but I feel like so many "black" nail polishes are not black enough and are more of a really dark grey. Maybe I'm just too picky, but this polish is exactly what I was looking for! Super dark, rich, glossy black. I never go without a top coat, but I actually considered it when I used this because it was so shiny on its own. In two coats this was totally opaque and not at all splotchy or streaky. I have a few Xtreme Wear polishes so I'm used to the super-long brush, but if you haven't used this line it will take some getting used to. You really need to scrape off all sides of the brush handle as you pull it out of the bottle, otherwise you'll end up with big drips on your nails/fingers. I find that some Xtreme Wear polishes have a very strong paint smell, but I didn't notice it so much with this one.
The only reason this isn't getting 5 lippies from me is because I find the wear time isn't so great. I've used this with a regular top coat and a matte top coat (this looks awesome matte, btw), and I usually get chips after about 2 days. Average wear time for me with other polishes is generally about 5 days, so the wear is a little disappointing for me. But I love the way it looks and the price can't be beat, so I will keep repurchasing this color! I've even gifted this polish a few times I love it so much!

on 5/19/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favorite black polish! It's a one coater for me, no streaks, no pooling, bald patches or bubbling! It lasts about four days on me. But I don't wear a top coat, and I work with my hands. I'm on my third bottle. Love love love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Definitely not my favorite black polish. It's VERY cheap, so good when you're in a pinch and need some black polish, but I find it doesn't apply very evenly and that it doesn't stay very well (even with a top and base coat).

Popular Polishes