Filtered by skin tone : Olive

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This egg white mask is AMAZING for my acne-prone skin. The first try cleared and even out my blemishes and the second try helped an enormously painful pimple reduce. It has helped my blackheads and reduced the size of my pores. Be careful not to overuse it though, or else the results won't be the same. Try it once every 2-3 weeks or once/twice a month. Use a moisturizer after you rinse.

on 8/9/2013 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ahh, egg whites. Ok, I've been doing this for about 7 months now. About every week. All I can say is it really works for my dry skin. I have pregnancy related acne right now and my skin is very sensitive but it works so good. My boyfriend even does it with me because he's seen the difference after I take it off. The only thing I have to do after is apply some extra virgin olive oil, (because of my dry skin)
Here's what I do,
I take 1 egg.
Crack the egg in half and deprecate the whites from the yolk back & forth in the egg shell, letting the egg whites fall into a clean bowl.
Then I take a fork and "fluff" the egg whites lol.
Then, once the egg whites are all foamy I just dip my fingers or a cotton ball in and rub it on my face. ( hands washed, of course..) lol then once I cover my whole face I take 2-ply toilet paper and rip a square in half lay it across my wet nose and lay the other half either in my chin or forehead. You can even put them on your cheeks or jawline ( wherever you break out) then I wait for about 30 minutes and wash off with warm water and wash my face. After my face is patted dry with a paper towel I put some extra virgin olive oil on my face and I'm good to go with soft skin. (: good luck everyone
& I'm not sure why there are so many reviews that are negative or with 1 or 2 lipsticks... Don't let the bad reviews spoil it for you, try it for yourself.

on 12/9/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just used this tonight and regret ever trying it. My skin has been clear lately and I just got rid of a few big pimples I had on my face. I used the egg white with tissue paper like others did and peeled/rinsed it off when it dried. Now I have new pimples that have just popped out of nowhere all over my cheeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this mask! After reading up on the great success other MUAers have had with this treatment, I had to try it out (so glad I did).
I separated the egg white and whisked it a little then used an old foundation brush to brush it all over my face, focusing on problem areas. Then covered my face in toilet paper and brushed on more egg white. I continued doing this until I'd finished the white. Just a quick note: may not look like there's a lot of egg white in the bowl, but you'll realize it's more than enough when you start applying it to your face.
When it's completely dry and ready to peel off, it will feel like paper mache on your face...hard and dry.
I was surprised when I pulled off the mask. This may sound gross but, when you look at the inside of the mask once it's off, you can actually see the areas where there's more sweat and oil (like on your forehead) look kinda greyish and the gross stuff cleaned out of your pores is all stuck in there too 8D *Yes, the gory details, but it's a great thing!* My skin was left cleeaan and glowing -- yes, glowing no joke :)
Everyone's gotta try this mask! For those with dry or even normal skin, I'd reccomend you moisturize afterwards. But for those with oily skin like me, you may not have to.
OH almost forgot to mention, be careful where you put the eggwhite + toilet paper. I accidentally got some of the mask glued right onto some hairs around my temple and it's no fun trying to get it off...just a heads up!

on 11/13/2011 12:38:00 AM

Love love love making this mask. i've tried different variations of it. I used to seperate yellows and whites, but i just mix them both now, whisk with a fork and apply with cotton pads, leaving it on until it feels tight then washing off with an exfoliant. make sure to follow up with a moisturizing lotion as it may dry skin out.
but on the whole, this is a great cheap and readily available at home mask that is easy to make and apply.
when you take it off, it makes your skin feel clean and bright. and balanced. i would recommend it and i use it often. yes it can get kinda messy and i do prefer premade masks in tubes, but they arent that effective--or theyre effective at first then over time start becoming less effective. this is better than those premade masks.
***EDIT: I also mix in a couple drops of lemon juice too. it helps with balancing oil and fading marks. I follow up with a thick moisturizing cream. great mask. my favorite. CHEAP and EFFECTIVE!!! i have stopped buying premade masks in tubes. (if you're looking for a good premade mask in a tube, Aveda's are great though, BTW) but this is cost effective and easy to make for me. sticking with it!

on 11/10/2010 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

An egg white mask does amazing things for my skin! It makes my pores appear smaller, aborbs excess oil and softens my skin! I do this usually once every week or fortnight and leaves my skin feeling super good. Never going back to store brought masks with all the nasty chemicals, sticking to good old eggs from now on. Super affordable too!

on 8/3/2010 5:04:00 PM

I just did an egg white mask the other day for the sake of it, to revitalize my skin I guess. It's been really clear lately but I wanted to give it a try. It gave me the angriest and ONLY cystic pimple I've had in at least nine months. I'm keeping this crap away from my face.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

i Love this i have combination skin and this mask is the BEST cheap, effective and it contains no harsh ingredients TRY it for yourself you will see amazing results i use this 3 times a week.