Filtered by eye Color : Green

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

After months of spending an endless amount of money on expensive masks, its good to know that the best one is in my fridge. This mask is amazing! My pores are noticeably smaller after a few times and my skin after i take the mask off GLOWS. I do it once a week and before events. I wash my face, wear the mask, wash it off, exfoliate and then put on my serums and moisturizers etc. Then, when I wake up my skin is so supple and smooth. Makeup goes on effortlessly. I cant recommend this holy grail enough. However, consider your skin type. Some skin types do not agree with this at all.

on 4/23/2014 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Wow! This makes my skin so soft, even, and rejuvinated! I do what others suggested: whip up an egg white, slather on face, cover in tissue strips, then let dry completely (30mins). Rinse and follow with treatments and moisturizers. I use CeraVe lotion.and a vitamin E oil afterwards. Skin feels...heavenly.

I have very acne prone skin, and lots of scars. This is very non-irritating and really evens everything out

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For instructions on how to do this fabulous mask my way, keep reading on, you lovely reader.

1) Take an egg and separate the egg white from the yolk. NOTE: do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the yolk!! I have read it can clog pores. If you are acne prone, don't even risk it.

2) Froth the egg white with a fork or egg beater. (optional) add lemon juice. It can't hurt right?

3) Apply using clean fingers, or my personal favorite, an old foundation brush. WARNING: This will bring out your inner Picasso! So go ahead and paint a beautiful egg painting all over that gorgeous face of yours like the goddess you are.

4) Take a 2 ply piece of toilet paper and rip the ply's apart, so each piece is very thin. Then rip into shreds.

5)Apply strips of paper onto your gorgeous face one at a time, making sure no pieces overlap. You don't want them to overlap! Then add another layer of egg white.

6) Wait for all the paper to dry. You will resemble a mummy. It's actually pretty awesome. Like you get all the benefits of mummification, except it's only temporary, and you get the satisfaction of peeling it off.

7) Speaking of pulling it off. Now is the fun part, SLOWLY pull every strip off. Don't just rip em off all willy nilly like, pull those puppies off slowly for maximum benefits.

8) Behold your gorgeous face in the mirror, you handsome devil. Touch your cherub bottom smooth skin, and feel those wrinkles, pores, and blemishes begin to minimize. Feel free to look into that mirror for a fortnight. Because who cares- you are awesome.

on 8/9/2013 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think this is for me. The mask does nothing for my skin. I gave it 4 lippies because it might work for other people for me it doesn't do anything. it's not good or bad. So try it out for your self

this made my skin look irritated and red raw and gave me a few really nasty pimples! it has however made me realise i might have a mild egg allergy, i always remember if i ate too much egg as a child it gave me eczema and itchy skin, though i've always been able to eat it in moderation with no problems. just a warning for anyone who has ever experienced anything after eating eggs - Don't try this!!!

tried this after reading about it, and its a nice cheap mask :) not perfect but, cant complain in terms of price!

on 9/16/2012 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff makes your skin look great for a short while, but doesn't seem to last - for me at least. It feels really tight on your face, I put it on with my hands and leave it on until it becomes annoying. Usually my skin can tolerate it, but tonight I used all sorts of creams on my face beforehand because I have had a pretty bad breakout and of course went overboard. The egg masque started making my face itch and burn terribly, so I had to wash it off. If you have sensitive skin, be careful. It dries out acne which is nice, and gives you a nice temporary glow. It also makes your skin look smoother, fine lines are diminished temporarily. I used the yolk afterwards a few weeks ago because I heard from here that it is moistuizing, but I shouldn't have because it made me breakout. Overall - cheap, somewhat effective, but I prefer the mint julep masque which is much better on my sensitive skin.

on 3/4/2012 5:09:00 PM

Yep, I'm hooked! I use the whole egg though, i find it less harsh. My skin is combination/oily and i also add a tablespoon of honey.
The results are AMAZING. Clear, bright skin with reduced pores. The only thing i hate is the applying part. Since it's very very runny I end up splashing my face with the mix until i have enough of it on my face....But hey, who cares, it's cheap, it's natural and it WORKS!!!

on 2/18/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not commenting on this regarding acne as I havint any but this is great for tightening skin and keeping it firm and supple aswell as softening pesky fine lines I'm 25 now and trying everything to keep them at bay will continue to use This as part of my skin regime for as long as I live

on 12/21/2011 7:49:00 AM

WOW, Amazing!

I have the most sensitive, spot prone, combination, rosacea troubled skin. That means it's oily, but flaky on my cheeks, forehead and around my nose, uneven skin tone, and in the winter particularly it is a nightmare.

Lately, central heating, London pollution and work stress took their toll and my skin has been red, spotty, sore and itchy, with dry patches on my cheeks and nose really flaky.

Facemasks generally cause my skin to feel tight and uncomfortable, and I never really notice a massive difference. I regularly use a honey and oatmeal one from Lush, but with Christmas looming and my bank account looking sad, I thought I'd try and whip up a mask with ingredients in my cupboard.

I used one egg white, whipped with a teaspoon of squeezy honey (nothing posh, just good old Sainsburys). Smoothed this over my face and left until it tightened, rinsed it off. Then smoothed a little of the egg yolk all over my face, again left it until I was unable to smile (I wonder if that's what it looks like when you have Botox....?!), rinsed it off well, and followed with lots of Superdrug Vitamin E moisturiser.

Initially after rinsing my skin looked a bit red and irritated. About 5 minutes after applying the moisturiser I noticed how soft and supple my skin felt, and my cheeks weren't flaky at all anymore! The sebborheic dermatitis I often get around my nose looked noticeably better too. This has NEVER happened in all my (30) years of skincare regimes.....no product ever makes a noticeable difference.

I applied my foundation - and my skin looks AMAZING. Even, glowy and plump, with no visible flakes on my forehead or cheeks, and only a couple of tiny ones on my nose. My skin looks clear and bright, the foundation going on smoothly and blending better than ever before.

Even better, it FEELS great. Comfortable, moisturised and not at all tight. It really feels like I've been 'feeding' my face. And all for the cost of an egg!

I would highly recommend this to anyone, even those with sensitive skin. I'm going to keep using it and will let you know if the results are as good next time around!