Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.2

egg whites

I'm pregnant and my skin has gone bonkers with hormonal acne. Since most acne products are a no-no during pregnancy, I decided to try this egg white mask and mixed in some olive oil. It took a while to dry (probably due to the olive oil) but it did help calm my acne which was great! My skin felt tighter and smooth. Now it's my go to face mask for pregnancy skin issues.

on 11/19/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this mask for the first time tonight. It hardened up on my face very quickly and I couldn't move my face. My face kept getting itchy, too! After washing it off with warm water (I couldn't peel it off) it seems my skin hasn't changed. My pores don't really seem smaller and my whiteheads are still there. Can anyone help me out?? What am I doing wrong?

on 10/12/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This whole process can be a little messy but the results are worth it. If you have oily/acne-prone skin you will benefit greatly from this mask. Just separate the whites from the yolk and apply the white directly on face. Leave on for 5-10 minutes until the mask dries and wash off. Apply moisturizer. This has left my skin smooth and oil-free. The smell of egg white might be unpleasant for some people.

Didn't do anything at all.

on 7/3/2014 9:57:00 AM

I'm super excited to jump on this bandwagon! I used an egg white mask for the first time tonight, it's been about half an hour and my skin tone looks more even, redness has been reduced in my pimples and overall complexion. My skin looks brighter and the number of blackheads on my nose have decreased. My acne scars look less noticeable. I have a few tiny white pimples pop up on my forehead but I'm not worried at all, you can hardly see them and it's just the mask drawing out the bad stuff, with constant use, they will become less and less (:

on 11/11/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Will review later:)

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I started doing this mask once a week about a month ago. I think it is really effective to get rid of little bumps and clogged pores. It also seems to have made cystic bumps go down much quicker. I used coffee filters rather than the tissues because the tissues seemed to simply dissolve for me. I didn't get the "fun" blackheads on the paper afterwards but my skin was still a lot smoother afterwards.

on 6/5/2012 12:22:00 PM

This is the only mask that has helped me get rid of my pimples and cysts. Every month when I get my period, I get this huge cyst on my chin, and it doesn't leave, I have tried soap, toothpaste, ... Nothing helped, it only made it worst. After using egg white once, it has reduced in seize. And it really leaves your skin so smooth and soft. And it's so cheap. I also use the yolk, because it's great for moisturising the skin.

on 2/27/2012 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite masks and it's organic! (make sure the eggs are free range ones)
First I was a bit freaked out to try it since I didn't really like the idea of raw egg white all over my face but I'm glad I got past that. I use the same method as Michelle Phan on her youtube video.
It really helps to tighten the pores (not permanently I'm afraid) and it also clears up your skin! I've always had troubles with occasional break outs but this really helps. I use egg white mask 1-2 a week and it has helped to dry out blemishes.
I would definitely recommend this to someone who has occasional break outs, oily skin or acne.

I've been having lots of spots recently, I asked my brother to rate my skin out of 5 (him being the most objective person i know)-5 being perfect skin and 1 being severe acne. He rated it 3.5-So my skin is pretty good to normal but with the odd regular spots and heat bumps. So for the past couple of weeks i've been trying this egg mask (which is simply eggs whites whisked with a fork to make them frothy-then applied to the problem skin, using a make-up brush, and covered over with tissues until the tissue dries (about 5-10 minutes)). I would advise you do not do this when your boyfriend is around cos it looks ridiculous. lol. The first time I did this I used my 187 MAC brush....but for precise application on the problem spots I would use something more like a concealer brush. And then moisturize immediately afterwards. I did not notice any real improvement in my spots but my skin definitely felt less aggravated and looked far smoother-in fact that day I had two compliments about how pretty my skin looked from complete strangers (which is a bit odd for me)-so even though I didn't see a great improvement in my spots it obviously did not do any harm to my skin as a whole! So its worth ago, in my opinion, even if it isn't exactly a miracle cure.