Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 18 & Under

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This egg white mask is AMAZING for my acne-prone skin. The first try cleared and even out my blemishes and the second try helped an enormously painful pimple reduce. It has helped my blackheads and reduced the size of my pores. Be careful not to overuse it though, or else the results won't be the same. Try it once every 2-3 weeks or once/twice a month. Use a moisturizer after you rinse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For instructions on how to do this fabulous mask my way, keep reading on, you lovely reader.

1) Take an egg and separate the egg white from the yolk. NOTE: do not, I repeat, DO NOT use the yolk!! I have read it can clog pores. If you are acne prone, don't even risk it.

2) Froth the egg white with a fork or egg beater. (optional) add lemon juice. It can't hurt right?

3) Apply using clean fingers, or my personal favorite, an old foundation brush. WARNING: This will bring out your inner Picasso! So go ahead and paint a beautiful egg painting all over that gorgeous face of yours like the goddess you are.

4) Take a 2 ply piece of toilet paper and rip the ply's apart, so each piece is very thin. Then rip into shreds.

5)Apply strips of paper onto your gorgeous face one at a time, making sure no pieces overlap. You don't want them to overlap! Then add another layer of egg white.

6) Wait for all the paper to dry. You will resemble a mummy. It's actually pretty awesome. Like you get all the benefits of mummification, except it's only temporary, and you get the satisfaction of peeling it off.

7) Speaking of pulling it off. Now is the fun part, SLOWLY pull every strip off. Don't just rip em off all willy nilly like, pull those puppies off slowly for maximum benefits.

8) Behold your gorgeous face in the mirror, you handsome devil. Touch your cherub bottom smooth skin, and feel those wrinkles, pores, and blemishes begin to minimize. Feel free to look into that mirror for a fortnight. Because who cares- you are awesome.

on 12/16/2011 2:27:00 AM

LOVE EGG MASKS.
I don't use just the egg white. I just crack an egg into a bowl, maybe add a squirt of honey, and whisk. Then I just slather some on my face haha and let it dry. It smells like eggs, yes, and it doesn't feel too pleasant when it's dry but you skin will be glowing and smooth. I was shocked when I first used it :)
I use the leftovers for a hair mask which i don't see great results like the face mask (may be user error), but that's another review.

I imagine it would work better for oily skin than dry. Highly recommend :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using an egg white mask once a week for about 3 weeks now and I do notice the results afterwards. Simply separate the yolk and white of the egg and lightly beat the egg whites. Using an old foundation brush, brush an even layer of this on your face and wait till dry. (Your face should feel a bit tight), wash off with warm water and cleanser if you prefer and then with the yolk, apply that also with the same foundation brush used earlier in an even layer on skin and wait for a good 3-5 min. Wash all the egg yolk off and finish with you favourite moisturiser. After the mask, I notice that my pores appear alot smaller, my skin looks brighter and feels so much smoother. Alot of my blackheads are also reduced and the egg white also helps to reduce the oil on my T-Zone. Definitely try this out if your prone to breakouts. It's worth using and is super cheap!

on 11/10/2010 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

An egg white mask does amazing things for my skin! It makes my pores appear smaller, aborbs excess oil and softens my skin! I do this usually once every week or fortnight and leaves my skin feeling super good. Never going back to store brought masks with all the nasty chemicals, sticking to good old eggs from now on. Super affordable too!

Love the fact that you know there's only an egg in here and no nasty chemicals. I applied evenly on my face and left for 15 mins and after the results were quite nice. My pores looked a little smaller and my face looked nice and bright. But what to do with the egg yolks I hear you cry. As egg yolk is a natural moisturizer I applied this to my face afterwards and left for another 15 mins and rinsed. he results were amazing!
Had I only used the egg white, this review would have been a bit meh, but the yolk left my skin looking hydrated, clear and sooooo lovely and soft (which is hard to achieve for my oily/combo skin.)
Great mask and will be using next time I have eggs in the house.

on 11/22/2009 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

KristaniA said it all!
I should add that egg white/yolk also whitens your skin tone :)

on 11/14/2009 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love doing eggs masks! I do this about once a week, or just depending on when I have time. First I use a fork to whisk the egg white until its foamy and I use a cotton ball to apply it all over my face. Wait about 15 minutes or until you feel your skin tighten, then I wash it off with lukewarm water. Then I use the egg yolk as well, to help me moisturize my skin since it's cold now and my skin is becoming dry rather than oily. I love doing this because it really tightens your skin and helps a little with drying up any pimples

Egg whites are AMAZING!
Apply it evenly on a clean face and neck, and allow it to dry so it becomes hard (About 10-15 min). Afterward, wash off with luke warm water.

DONT CHUCK OUT THE YELLOW BIT OF THE EGG!!!!!
I heard that it makes an excellent moisturiser (So i later discovered)
Be prapared to have a smooth, even, lovely soft skin!

Also, with your leftovers, make an omlette! It's healthy, so that's got to be good for your skin too!!!