Filtered by hair type : Other

Price: $

egg whites

on 8/12/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I use the yolk too - helps moisturize my skin afterwards! This has really helped my acne whenever I break out. I got tired of spending so much money on masks from the pharmacy, department stores, online, everywhere! I went online and did some research and I came around this mask, at first; I was quite scared of putting raw egg on my face but despite this, I still did it. I break an egg, get two cups, put the egg whites in one cup and the egg yolk in another. I sometimes add organic honey, but not often. Anyway - I wash my face with my cleanser with warm enough water to open my pores, pat dry with towel, put my egg white on my face for 30-45 minutes (I like mine to feel really hard on my face for some reason) rinse off with warm enough water again to open my pores, pay dry, put egg yolk on my face for 30-45 minutes and rives off with cool (NOT COLD) water. I then put my Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid on. My skin feels so smooth and my acne goes down almost instantly! You gotta try it to love it! Cheap, natural, no nasties inside: what's there not to love?! Would definitely recommend if you have oily acne prone skin :)!

EDIT: I put egg whites mixed with organic honey under my eyes (about two teaspoons of it on each under eye), leave on for 30 minutes, wash off very gently, then put eye yolk on it (no honey), leave on for 30 minutes, wash off very gentle and I put some moisturizing eye cream under it (I've been using it for months and it hasn't done anything, but it's quite moisturizing and expensive so I might as well use it! You don't have to use it). I cannot believe it, it tightened my under eye, and my puffiness has gone! It actually looks like I've had surgery! People have said you don't look as tired as more, what have you done?! I really cannot believe my eyes - it's amazing! If you puffy eyes, please try it! Nothing's ever worked for me except this!

on 10/17/2013 11:06:00 PM

Try if you have excessively oily skin. The egg white (mask #1) draws the oils out, and the egg yolk (mask #2) moisturizes. Spread the egg white around your face in circular upward motions while being careful to avoid the eyes, mouth and nose. Leave each mask on for 15-30 minutes. Don't worry about it hardening. Mask #1: Break the egg white off of your face. Mask #2: Wash the egg yolk off with lukewarm water and pat dry. I have comb/oily skin, so I don't use the egg white that often, being that I do notice the oil reduction. It is the oils that keeps my 40 something skin looking young. This also firms the skin -face or otherwise! Use it on the back of the thighs to reduce the appearance of cellulite.

I use egg whites on my face a couple times a week in the morning before/after my face wash. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, i know i should leave it longer but i get impatient. It definitely tightens up and tones the skin. It leaves my face feeling refreshed, tight and young.

I prefer using this natural remedy vs. a firming cream or serum that is filled with chemicals and sketchy ingredients, dyes and fragrances. Plus i've never seen a result from any firming cream but with egg whites, you feel the difference as soon as you rinse it off. It's like an instant face lift.

The results of using this mask for the first time was fairly satisfying. My skin had a glow but just for a little while only.
I noticed that if I ever left the egg mask on for a long time, it would dry out my face rapidly and cause breakouts of small spots. Overall, I would only use this mask if I ran out of honey to brighten my skin. Just remember to apply moisturiser immediately after you wash off the mask.

on 3/25/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

i just LOVE applying the egg white to my face ..
i usually slice a lime n squeeze a few drops of it into the egg white ..
stir it up together & apply it to my face .. leave it on for about an hr. then rinse. this is not something that you should do daily because it tends to dry the skin .. well i use to do it daily to mines .. bad mistake!!! my face was looking so ashy! but yeah the lime juice with the egg white faded my dark marks on my face.. so i am very happy .. you could also try lemon juice! there's nothing like all natural items :)

on 8/11/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is my first MA review and I felt I had to because this mask has HUGELY contributed to being 100% cystic acne free. I've always been one to have very light blackheads around my nose, an ocassional whitehead, and maybe ONE cystic acne pimple around that time of the month, BUT SUDDENLY angry cystic acne started appearing on a regular basis all throughout the month. It started with one or two (at the same time) and progressed in the past five or six months to 4 or 5 angry, inflamed, painful cysts at the same time. I would have started looking more aggressively for cures when this whole nightmare first began had I known then what I know now, which is that cystic acne will get worse over time if you don't stop it (somehow) in its tracks.

Well by now I've been getting desperate, trying everything I could possibly find reviews or research for that could help. I've tried ACV (topically and internally), lemon water, yeast killing pills, fish oil, honey masks (not on a regular basis though), lavender oil, diet changes (no dairy/milk/cheese, no chocolate, no caffeine, no refined sugar), etc. WELL I finally came across the egg white mask, AND THANK SWEET BABY JESUS that I did. I decided that I was going to do it every night for a week as an experiment. Well after the first three nights it seemed that the cysts that were already there got really pissed off about the egg white masks, and seemed almost more inflamed. Yet I noticed any whiteheads or blackheads were considerably softened or dried out. So I kept going.

Long story, less long, day 7 NO CYSTIC ACNE. Skin is calm and other than one whitehead on my face, this is nothing short of a miracle that I have gone 7+ days without a new cyst and all the ones I had are now gone. I am not exxagerating in ANY WAY. By beginning of July '11 I was getting AT LEAST one or two NEW cysts every single day or as soon as one cyst would dissipate (after forcefully popping).

So, here's my routine, because I'm not sure that it's just the egg white mask, BUT I believe it is because everything in my routine (except the egg white mask and macadamia nut oil, I was already doing with little to no real results for months and months prior). I will say that I simultaneously got very religious with my honey/cinnamon masks and now I rarely if ever skip a day of it.

Daily/Morning:
-PRAYER lol - yes I started adding in a prayer about my skin!! ;)
-Wash face with glycerine vitamin e soap (some mornings I skip this)
-Honey & Cinnamon mask first thing in the morning 5-15min or longer if I have the time. Rinse it off with lukewarm water in the shower.
-Tone face with green tea or w/ George's 100% aloe vera liquid
-Apply a thin layer of organic, unrefined Macadamia Nut Oil to moisturize
-Blot face to absorb excess oil, then apply makeup

Nightly:
-Use organic Jojoba oil to remove makeup
-Wash face with glycerine vitamin e soap (I never skip this at night)
-Whipped egg white mixed with a good squeeze of lemon applied to face, allowed to dry and sit for at least 20 min, but I've let it sit for up to an hour...sometimes longer if I'm watching tv or talking on the phone.
-Tone with green tea or w/ George's 100% aloe vera liquid
-Apply a thin layer of organic, unrefined Macadamia Nut Oil to moisturize
-(If you have any active whiteheads or cysts you can add a drop of lavender oil directly to the infected area(s) at this time.)
-I've also done one lactic acid peel and plan on doing one (30% concentration) at least twice a week from now on to start healing scars/exfoliating from the past cystic acne. I wouldn't recommend lactic acid peels if you haven't cleared/healed your acne yet because it will irritate it or make it bleed/scab. I bought my lactic acid peel on ebay, and another 40% version on Makeup Artists Choice website which I haven't worked my way up to using yet.

The egg white mask is definitely worth trying if you've tried everything and if you want a possible cure for cystic acne. I would also suggest getting a grip on stress in your life...as I feel it's definitely aggravated the acne. I've also completely eliminated dairy/cheese/milk/ice cream/butter from my diet with the exception of very, very tiny servings of it if I'm dining out, visiting a friend, etc. Through the process of elimination I've found that I'm ok with organic dark chocolate, sugar, caffeine in very small/moderate amounts.

Hope this helps someone. Cystic acne can be devastating. Peace and love dearies. UPDATE: Well the egg white mask stopped working so I had to think what else I was doing for that first week that it worked so wonderfully and I FORGOT that I started eating 1/2 a steamed sweet potato per day and was eating lots of organic carrots that week as well (for their beta carotene/vitamin A/anti inflammatory properties) and I'm starting to think those were the real kicker for the cystic acne. I just started back with the carrots and sweet potatoes this week and started using organic ginger tea as a toner (which seems to work almost instantly for calming down cysts) so I'll update with results. Still not going to give up the egg white mask because it makes my skin look and feel amazing after use.

on 6/15/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is the GREATEST most CHEAPEST mask i have ever used.
(If you can steam your face before using it that can help to open up pores.) I separated the egg white from the egg yolk and whisked it for about 30 seconds to a minute (til it gets a little frothy) then i applied it to my face using a foundation brush. I then put toilet paper on piece by piece then i went back over the tissue with more of the egg white. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes (it gets very tight) then i pulled it off and washed my face. You instantly see the difference with your face and it makes your skin SUPER SOFT. Its awesome and best of all its dirt cheap.

on 11/10/2010 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

The good old egg white masks will never go out of style. I used this along with rice paste (crush rice to pulpy white and add hot water) for pimples during my teen and adolescent years. These days I like to add drops of Thayer's toners: lemon for more astringent and oomph, for instance. This works better as a weekly treatment and make sure to apply toner or moisturizer after rinsing off. Highly effective in oil control and tightening pores, but can be drying which can lead to more problems.

In despite of all the good reviews it got I was hopin for the same results. It gave me a temp face lift. A short glow~ How ever it did get some of the gunk loose perfect for puttin a nose strip on. its worth a try.

on 1/26/2010 5:54:00 PM

OMG i just tried this mask and my skin feels amazing! i even notice that my pores are smaller! i'm so fasinated! try it to find out

i followed michelle phan's egg mask YT her & see for yourself